The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:30 pm

nematoad wrote:applied ED with no LSAT score... havent heard a word from GW or LSAC (waiting for my december score) :evil:


This is what the website says, sorry man.
Early admission deadline is Dec 15. GW Law will mail early admission decisions no later than Jan 15. Early admission candidates must take the LSAT no later than September 2009.

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nematoad » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:59 pm

robin600 wrote:
nematoad wrote:applied ED with no LSAT score... havent heard a word from GW or LSAC (waiting for my december score) :evil:


This is what the website says, sorry man.
Early admission deadline is Dec 15. GW Law will mail early admission decisions no later than Jan 15. Early admission candidates must take the LSAT no later than September 2009.


yeah i spoke to the admissions office and got the OK.. unless i got punk'd...

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby robin600 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:31 pm

nematoad wrote:
robin600 wrote:
nematoad wrote:applied ED with no LSAT score... havent heard a word from GW or LSAC (waiting for my december score) :evil:


This is what the website says, sorry man.
Early admission deadline is Dec 15. GW Law will mail early admission decisions no later than Jan 15. Early admission candidates must take the LSAT no later than September 2009.


yeah i spoke to the admissions office and got the OK.. unless i got punk'd...


Call and ask tomorrow.

lslc13
Posts: 30
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby lslc13 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:46 pm

Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say everyone who got ED has been notified. Sucks. At least there's still RD and the possibility of a decent partial scholarship.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:03 pm

lslc13 wrote:Yeah, I think it's pretty safe to say everyone who got ED has been notified. Sucks. At least there's still RD and the possibility of a decent partial scholarship.

Do we know how the money has been handed out historically, like how much there is to give and the common amounts they offer? And the numbers it typically takes to get offered such money?

carson
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:57 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby carson » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 pm

fyi I received my ED acceptance notification on the 23rd. 172/3.35

azb
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:20 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby azb » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:12 pm

carson wrote:fyi I received my ED acceptance notification on the 23rd. 172/3.35


Congratss to you and those already accepted!

BlueWill
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:43 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby BlueWill » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 am

I got my ED acceptance email on the 22nd as well. What do all of you other accepted think of the Aston offer?

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nematoad » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:45 am

crossing my fingers and hoping for the best... hopefully gw has good news for me tomorrow

User avatar
FromRussiaWithLove
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:23 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby FromRussiaWithLove » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:44 am

BlueWill wrote:I got my ED acceptance email on the 22nd as well. What do all of you other accepted think of the Aston offer?

You got an Aston offer? My email said that I would have priority for the Aston, but I would have to pay for it.

I started a thread on here asking for input on DC housing and the Aston. Nobody has responded that has experience with the Aston, but plenty of helpful advice was given.

Here is a link to that thread: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=100631

User avatar
NancyBotwin
Posts: 1085
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby NancyBotwin » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:24 pm

Haha, just got the complete email. I applied RD on 11/5, so looks like they are finally getting to the RD apps.

savesthedayajb
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:21 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby savesthedayajb » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:39 pm

+1 and they say it's "admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible." I sent it out 12/23 so this is pretty quick turnaround. I'm RD PT.

MissLucky
Posts: 903
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby MissLucky » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:41 pm

savesthedayajb wrote:+1 and they say it's "admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible." I sent it out 12/23 so this is pretty quick turnaround. I'm RD PT.


yeah I applied around xmas too and got the same e-mail too. RD PT. super quick turnaround.

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:04 pm

1st complete email 12/3. 2nd complete email today with the added line: "Our admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible." I'm taking this to mean I'm most likely under review?

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:07 pm

danidancer wrote:1st complete email 12/3. 2nd complete email today with the added line: "Our admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible." I'm taking this to mean I'm most likely under review?

I never got that, and I already know that my application is under review from speaking with someone on the phone. I got one for "received" and one for "complete." Did you apply ED? Maybe you got deferred to the RD pool?

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:19 pm

jk11287 wrote:
danidancer wrote:1st complete email 12/3. 2nd complete email today with the added line: "Our admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible." I'm taking this to mean I'm most likely under review?

I never got that, and I already know that my application is under review from speaking with someone on the phone. I got one for "received" and one for "complete." Did you apply ED? Maybe you got deferred to the RD pool?


Nope, RD. Application Received email on 11/6.

1st Application Complete email (from J. Shelby-Wilson) reads (12/3):
Your application for admission to the fall 2010 entering class of The George Washington University Law School is now complete. Thank you for your interest in GW Law and for your patience throughout our admissions process.


Today's (from Anne M. Richard) reads:
Your application for admission to the fall 2010 entering class of The George Washington University Law School is now complete. Our admissions committee has begun the review process and we will notify you of our decision as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest in GW Law and for your patience throughout our admissions process.


Curious. Very curious.

User avatar
nematoad
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:06 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby nematoad » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:22 pm

My ED app just went complete, too bad i bombed the LSAT 162, -11 on my last section to screw me royally. maybe RD?

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

Hmmm that's interesting. I spoke to someone at the admissions office about something else, and while we were on the phone she looked at my file and said that I'd definitely be receiving my decision in the next 2 weeks (I was ED) and that was last Monday, I think. So I was assuming from that I was UR already; I don't know what these emails mean.

Shopalot86
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:02 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Shopalot86 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:03 pm

I applied ED in November. Got an email today saying my app was received. Called admissions office in a panic and was informed the emails essentially mean nothing--the admissions director was out sick and they are catching up on emails. Told me I was still under consideration for ED if that helps anyone else.

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:18 pm

Shopalot86 wrote:I applied ED in November. Got an email today saying my app was received. Called admissions office in a panic and was informed the emails essentially mean nothing--the admissions director was out sick and they are catching up on emails. Told me I was still under consideration for ED if that helps anyone else.

No wayyyy really? Hmm hope for me still, I thought they were done with ED? Or maybe that's their ambiguous way of saying "not all the ED decisions have been officially dealt with, even though everyone accepted has already been notified." Not to rain on your parade, I'm still in the same boat.

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:35 pm

I got the complete email today as well...new LSAT makes my stats 3.66/168

angel404
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:33 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby angel404 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:46 pm

I also got a second complete e-mail today.

I think they were waiting on December LSAT scores for anyone who indicated that they were retaking. They've probably already read our files, and were holding off on making a decision until they got our scores.

(I submitted before Thanksgiving, btw.)

jk11287
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby jk11287 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:48 pm

angel404 wrote:I also got a second complete e-mail today.

I think they were waiting on December LSAT scores for anyone who indicated that they were retaking. They've probably already read our files, and were holding off on making a decision until they got our scores.

(I submitted before Thanksgiving, btw.)

Ha, which sucks, because i went down 2 points on Dec.

User avatar
FromRussiaWithLove
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:23 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby FromRussiaWithLove » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:24 pm

I got two emails today. One was notification of application received and the other was to tell me I was complete. But I already got a decision on the 22nd....

I hope it wasn't a mistake acceptance...I read about that happening on another thread here... :shock:

User avatar
danidancer
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:46 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby danidancer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:25 pm

angel404 wrote:I also got a second complete e-mail today.

I think they were waiting on December LSAT scores for anyone who indicated that they were retaking. They've probably already read our files, and were holding off on making a decision until they got our scores.

(I submitted before Thanksgiving, btw.)


I didn't retake in December though? Who knows. At least I know SOMETHING is happening with my app! :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: rapmasterg and 5 guests