The George Washington Law School 2010

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
SummerLaw
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SummerLaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:29 am

To those on the waitlist - I tried to call to get a feel for how many people they keep on their WL, and how many have been taken off of it in the last few years... I got no information at all. Has anyone out there come across information on getting in off of the WL?

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:52 am

SummerLaw wrote:To those on the waitlist - I tried to call to get a feel for how many people they keep on their WL, and how many have been taken off of it in the last few years... I got no information at all. Has anyone out there come across information on getting in off of the WL?


If you look at LSN for last year they took five ppl off the WL... and this year their ranking went way up... so I am not holding my breath.

User avatar
SummerLaw
Posts: 171
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby SummerLaw » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:19 pm

Thank you -- Just noticed the GWU WL thread... It was a pretty depressing read.

User avatar
quadsixm
Posts: 390
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby quadsixm » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:30 pm

Brutal :(

gwuorbust wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:To those on the waitlist - I tried to call to get a feel for how many people they keep on their WL, and how many have been taken off of it in the last few years... I got no information at all. Has anyone out there come across information on getting in off of the WL?


If you look at LSN for last year they took five ppl off the WL... and this year their ranking went way up... so I am not holding my breath.

stayway
Posts: 1275
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby stayway » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 pm

quadsixm wrote:Brutal :(

gwuorbust wrote:
SummerLaw wrote:To those on the waitlist - I tried to call to get a feel for how many people they keep on their WL, and how many have been taken off of it in the last few years... I got no information at all. Has anyone out there come across information on getting in off of the WL?


If you look at LSN for last year they took five ppl off the WL... and this year their ranking went way up... so I am not holding my breath.


sigh.

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby ccs224 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:40 pm

So, for those who are planning on attending, I made a GW2013 Facebook thinger. Join up. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113071525388209

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:46 pm

yay @ the facebook group.

has anyone visited the admissions office or financial aid or anything like that? I saw the undergrad one, by the bookstore. do we share that with them? I'm just wondering how accessible/friendly it'll be.

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Teoeo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:47 pm

ccs224 wrote:So, for those who are planning on attending, I made a GW2013 Facebook thinger. Join up. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113071525388209


Just joined ^_^

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:50 pm

Teoeo wrote:
ccs224 wrote:So, for those who are planning on attending, I made a GW2013 Facebook thinger. Join up. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113071525388209


Just joined ^_^


pretty impressive undergrads we all went to =)

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Teoeo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:51 pm

sibley wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
ccs224 wrote:So, for those who are planning on attending, I made a GW2013 Facebook thinger. Join up. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113071525388209


Just joined ^_^


pretty impressive undergrads we all went to =)


lol yeah, UC Davis always turns heads.... =)

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:52 pm

Teoeo wrote:
sibley wrote:
Teoeo wrote:
ccs224 wrote:So, for those who are planning on attending, I made a GW2013 Facebook thinger. Join up. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=113071525388209


Just joined ^_^


pretty impressive undergrads we all went to =)


lol yeah, UC Davis always turns heads.... =)


I love that you gave yourself away. I mean, I assume.
edit: crap you didn't. you're a girl and that's a boy. mean trick.,

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Teoeo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:54 pm

Hah yeah, but I have faith in you guys!

edit:WTF why does my TLS say female O_O.........

ok , fixed

User avatar
ccs224
Posts: 465
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:27 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby ccs224 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:58 pm

sibley wrote:yay @ the facebook group.

has anyone visited the admissions office or financial aid or anything like that? I saw the undergrad one, by the bookstore. do we share that with them? I'm just wondering how accessible/friendly it'll be.


From what I remember of the tour, the admissions office and career services offices are both in the law school "complex." I don't remember where the financial aid office was, but I'm assuming it was in generally the same area.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:01 pm

Teoeo wrote:Hah yeah, but I have faith in you guys!

edit:WTF why does my TLS say female O_O.........

ok , fixed


you're not just trying to trick me?

User avatar
Teoeo
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:21 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Teoeo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:02 pm

Hah, no, although I suppose that my reassurance isn't very convincing since it is exactly what someone trying to trick you would do.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:28 pm

also, I heard that the network won't support my ipod touch. is that true? I was able to access the log-in page from it.

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:47 pm

ccs224 wrote:
sibley wrote:yay @ the facebook group.

has anyone visited the admissions office or financial aid or anything like that? I saw the undergrad one, by the bookstore. do we share that with them? I'm just wondering how accessible/friendly it'll be.


From what I remember of the tour, the admissions office and career services offices are both in the law school "complex." I don't remember where the financial aid office was, but I'm assuming it was in generally the same area.


The LS admin has its own office that is on 20th and between G & H streets.

sibley wrote:also, I heard that the network won't support my ipod touch. is that true? I was able to access the log-in page from it.


it will but you have to use gwevent.

Baloo
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby Baloo » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:07 pm

What does anyone know about GW being a fairly competitve school? I don't mean in terms of admissions but in terms of people at the school and the general environment.

User avatar
gwuorbust
Posts: 2087
Joined: Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby gwuorbust » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 pm

Baloo wrote:What does anyone know about GW being a fairly competitve school? I don't mean in terms of admissions but in terms of people at the school and the general environment.


I hear that for LS it is.

I know for undergrad there are really two types of ppl. There is the half that is competitive, really intense, and then there is the half that is the typical greek-life/college-student. I know some ppl really enjoy it but it does irk others.

User avatar
sapereaude2012
Posts: 81
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sapereaude2012 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:32 pm

gwuorbust wrote:
Baloo wrote:What does anyone know about GW being a fairly competitve school? I don't mean in terms of admissions but in terms of people at the school and the general environment.


I hear that for LS it is.

I know for undergrad there are really two types of ppl. There is the half that is competitive, really intense, and then there is the half that is the typical greek-life/college-student. I know some ppl really enjoy it but it does irk others.


I'm a current GW student, and I don't think it seems that competitive. When I was in Kansas City singing for a wedding, fellow classmates of mine sent me notes without me even asking. My whole section gets along really well, and while there are always going to be a few gunners, it's a very collegial atmosphere. If any of you guys have visited and sat in on a class, you probably got that vibe too, that's a big part of what sold me on GW.

sibley
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby sibley » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:46 am

sapereaude2012 wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:
Baloo wrote:What does anyone know about GW being a fairly competitve school? I don't mean in terms of admissions but in terms of people at the school and the general environment.


I hear that for LS it is.

I know for undergrad there are really two types of ppl. There is the half that is competitive, really intense, and then there is the half that is the typical greek-life/college-student. I know some ppl really enjoy it but it does irk others.


I'm a current GW student, and I don't think it seems that competitive. When I was in Kansas City singing for a wedding, fellow classmates of mine sent me notes without me even asking. My whole section gets along really well, and while there are always going to be a few gunners, it's a very collegial atmosphere. If any of you guys have visited and sat in on a class, you probably got that vibe too, that's a big part of what sold me on GW.


everyone was sharing outlines during the ASD. that seems fairly non-competitive to me.

terpette
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby terpette » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:32 pm

sapereaude2012 wrote:
gwuorbust wrote:
Baloo wrote:What does anyone know about GW being a fairly competitve school? I don't mean in terms of admissions but in terms of people at the school and the general environment.


I hear that for LS it is.

I know for undergrad there are really two types of ppl. There is the half that is competitive, really intense, and then there is the half that is the typical greek-life/college-student. I know some ppl really enjoy it but it does irk others.


I'm a current GW student, and I don't think it seems that competitive. When I was in Kansas City singing for a wedding, fellow classmates of mine sent me notes without me even asking. My whole section gets along really well, and while there are always going to be a few gunners, it's a very collegial atmosphere. If any of you guys have visited and sat in on a class, you probably got that vibe too, that's a big part of what sold me on GW.


So glad to hear this, I really liked GW and want to go somewhere that has a collegial, friendly environment. I'm all about being ambitious and striving to do well, but not in a cut-throat way.

cindytran872
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:58 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby cindytran872 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:14 am

Hey! I thought we have to email our "financial aid counselor" to get our financial aid package? Am I doing this wrong?

And where are the mock materials on the admit site?

Wow. I'm totally the un-gunner/ditz of the class of 2013.

User avatar
uganik
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:40 am

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby uganik » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:31 am

Is anyone aware of what type of gym facilities GW Law has?

heyzeus
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:19 pm

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Postby heyzeus » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:36 am

Is anyone still waiting to hear anything. I applied right at the deadline because I got a late fee waiver. I got an email about two weeks ago saying my file had just been put under review. Anyone else in the same boat?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AriGold33 and 11 guests