The George Washington Law School 2010 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jfonz

New

Re: The George Washington Law School 2010

Post by jfonz » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:25 pm

kaydish21 wrote:Here's the email they just sent out if it helps. It specifically references those who will receive need but may not have yet as part of the reason for pushing the deadline back.

We have been receiving a number of requests from admitted applicants for extensions of our first seat deposit deadline. We appreciate that choosing which law school you will attend is an important decision and that you are considering a number of factors very carefully. We also understand that many admitted applicants are still waiting to receive need-based financial aid decisions.

Dean Lawrence and the entire GW Law family are committed to doing whatever we can to help you as you make your decision. Toward that end, we are extending our first seat deposit deadline from April 15th to May 1st. I am pleased to get this word out to you -- sooner rather than later -- in an effort to lessen any anxiety and pressure you may be starting to feel.

So -- if you wish to reserve your seat in our fall 2010 entering class, please complete the Intent Form we included in your acceptance package and return that completed form to us, along with your first seat deposit in the amount of $500.00, no later than May 1, 2010 (must be postmarked by May 1st). Please note that seat deposits must be in the form of a check or money order, made payable to "The George Washington University," and that all seat deposits are nonrefundable. Please send your form and seat deposit to:

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

As always, please let me know if you have questions or if I may be of assistance as you prepare to begin your legal studies -- I hope at GW Law!
See above

redbutton

New

Post by redbutton » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:44 am

I agree. The release date push back was super chill of them.

I also visited the campus. It's BEAUTIFUL....every single corner of all of their buildings is sweet!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:07 pm

Weren't our financial packages supposed to be mailed out this week? I didn't get anything =/ I emailed them confirming they had my FAFSA but haven't heard a peep.

cardinalandgold

Silver

Post by cardinalandgold » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:55 pm

Just withdrew from the waitlist. Good luck to any one still waiting!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 pm

redbutton wrote:I agree. The release date push back was super chill of them.

I also visited the campus. It's BEAUTIFUL....every single corner of all of their buildings is sweet!
orly?!

I'm hoping to hear about financial aid sooooooon. But they are taking forever.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ihurtmyselftoday

New

Post by ihurtmyselftoday » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:11 pm

jfonz wrote:
kaydish21 wrote:Here's the email they just sent out if it helps. It specifically references those who will receive need but may not have yet as part of the reason for pushing the deadline back.

We have been receiving a number of requests from admitted applicants for extensions of our first seat deposit deadline. We appreciate that choosing which law school you will attend is an important decision and that you are considering a number of factors very carefully. We also understand that many admitted applicants are still waiting to receive need-based financial aid decisions.

Dean Lawrence and the entire GW Law family are committed to doing whatever we can to help you as you make your decision. Toward that end, we are extending our first seat deposit deadline from April 15th to May 1st. I am pleased to get this word out to you -- sooner rather than later -- in an effort to lessen any anxiety and pressure you may be starting to feel.

So -- if you wish to reserve your seat in our fall 2010 entering class, please complete the Intent Form we included in your acceptance package and return that completed form to us, along with your first seat deposit in the amount of $500.00, no later than May 1, 2010 (must be postmarked by May 1st). Please note that seat deposits must be in the form of a check or money order, made payable to "The George Washington University," and that all seat deposits are nonrefundable. Please send your form and seat deposit to:

GW Law - Admissions
700 20th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052

As always, please let me know if you have questions or if I may be of assistance as you prepare to begin your legal studies -- I hope at GW Law!
See above
Seems to me like FML is anticipating a rankings jump for his very underrated school. I wonder if they changed standards in FT or PT admissions. Or both?

GermX

Silver

Post by GermX » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:15 pm

lol FML...

Anyways, this and Fordham are now my two top choices, unless I get good news from Cornell, USC or BU. But between this and Fordham, I might choose Fordham because of my desire to live in New York, so we'll see.

ihurtmyselftoday

New

Post by ihurtmyselftoday » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:24 pm

GermX wrote:lol FML...
Ha, that's how he signed the hand written note on my acceptance letter.

"Dear ihurtmyselftoday,

Your application rocked my effing face off! Thanks for applying to my school. Hope to see you this fall. --FML"

My gf got a pretty good kick out of that because the day before I got that letter I had to explain to her what FML meant.

I don't know though...it could be a bad sign :shock:

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:28 pm

ihurtmyselftoday wrote:
GermX wrote:lol FML...
Ha, that's how he signed the hand written note on my acceptance letter.

"Dear ihurtmyselftoday,

Your application rocked my effing face off! Thanks for applying to my school. Hope to see you this fall. --FML"

My gf got a pretty good kick out of that because the day before I got that letter I had to explain to her what FML meant.

I don't know though...it could be a bad sign :shock:
He wrote the nicest notes, I think. It was obvious he had read my application thoroughly.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

foosh

New

Post by foosh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:30 pm

Rejected today via snail mail.

Scarletlady

New

Post by Scarletlady » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:43 pm

I am going to ask a dumb question -- without a status checker do I just hold my breath til I get randomly rejected sometime in the next few weeks? I called earlier in the month and they have all my files, but the radio silence is annoying. After last year's USNWR rating massacre, I'm most likely an autoreject from the PT program. I'd hate to have a good day randomly ruined by sad news, at least with the other schools I knew I went UR/DR so I could mentally prepare.

Side note - I'm not a fan of harassing the admissions office, but am willing to make a call if need be.

td6624

Silver

Post by td6624 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:28 pm

Scarletlady wrote:I am going to ask a dumb question -- without a status checker do I just hold my breath til I get randomly rejected sometime in the next few weeks? I called earlier in the month and they have all my files, but the radio silence is annoying. After last year's USNWR rating massacre, I'm most likely an autoreject from the PT program. I'd hate to have a good day randomly ruined by sad news, at least with the other schools I knew I went UR/DR so I could mentally prepare.

Side note - I'm not a fan of harassing the admissions office, but am willing to make a call if need be.
I think you just have to sit back and wait. That's the only way anyone has heard, as far as I know.

Also, still no word on financial aid packages? Seems odd.

foosh

New

Post by foosh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:43 pm

Rejected via snail mail today.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

frecklesmclean0002

New

Post by frecklesmclean0002 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:19 pm

Rejected via snail mail today.
+1

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:38 pm

financial aid award, plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pollaclc

Bronze

Post by pollaclc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:40 pm

sorry to everyone who was dinged:( and good luck to everyone waiting/waiting for money

anyone who's considering GW, http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 5&t=101489

ewc227

New

Post by ewc227 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:24 pm

just withdrew, had an offer of $105,450 & free housing. hopefully that will translate into few ppl getting $$

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dudders

Bronze

Post by dudders » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:18 pm

Haha I was reviewing Fin Aid info on the GW Law website and I almost died laughing when I got this line:

"It is our goal to provide you with a financial aid award notice (that you will be able to access on our GWeb self-serve system) within 21 days of GW Law’s receipt of your completed financial aid application."

MEGAFAIL.

Dignan

Silver

Post by Dignan » Fri Apr 02, 2010 2:02 pm

I just withdrew. I think that GW is an underrated school that belongs among the top 20 law schools in the nation. It's got a great location and great faculty. Good luck to those still waiting and to those who will be attending next year!

Diskette15

New

Post by Diskette15 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:37 am

also withdrew, hope that opens a spot for someone!

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:54 am

Haven't gotten the financial aid email they promised by the end of the week. Shocking.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:02 pm

sibley wrote:Haven't gotten the financial aid email they promised by the end of the week. Shocking.
I got mine yesterday, fwiw

sibley

Gold

Post by sibley » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:09 pm

Veritas wrote:
sibley wrote:Haven't gotten the financial aid email they promised by the end of the week. Shocking.
I got mine yesterday, fwiw
I emailed them last week since they were taking forever and they confirmed that they had all the information they needed and they confirmed they did... and yet, nothing yesterday. I responded to that last email where it says to email him if we want to go to the admitted students day... I said I'd like to go but not unless I see my aid package first. I'm poor and can't afford foolish travel.

gwuorbust

Gold

Post by gwuorbust » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:24 pm

just read the last two pages, but don't want to read 62. I'm on the WL and am just wondering if GWU seems to be trending up or down in terms of ppl accepting their offer of admissions. thanks!!

imisscollege

Bronze

Post by imisscollege » Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:49 pm

I was wondering why people (assuming there are people who do) pick GW with no $ over its peers (Fordham, BC, BU, Wash U) who seem to throw money around more liberally? Is it all a DC thing or does GW have something else going for it?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”