In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Bennettju
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:12 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bennettju » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:17 pm

All right, those ED decisions should finally be all in and accounted for. What are the rest of us RD folks hearing this week? I went complete 12/7--I know, not the longest wait anyone on here has endured--but I'm very eager to find out.

jbrowning82
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:03 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby jbrowning82 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:22 pm

I was RD and I heard early last week

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Hopefully this week will bring another round of decisions! Come on ND!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 am

lol brose, I just noticed you and I are the only October people still waiting for a decision on LSN. I'm dying to know what they are thinking!

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2951
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:06 am

I am assuming there were no decisions made today...think this will hold true for the week or will there be some movement tomorrow or the rest of the week?

User avatar
BuffaloSabres137
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:19 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:I'm expecting a leprechaun to walk into my office and hug me tomorrow morning.

Hah! What didn't you like about your visit to that other choice? Just wondering.




haHA! Sorry, but I am not much of a morning person. If you still want a hug when you come to ND next fall let me know.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:09 pm

anyone have any idea what is going on over there at the admissions office? I've been complete since 11/19.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:14 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:anyone have any idea what is going on over there at the admissions office? I've been complete since 11/19.

no idea. I called (complete 10/29) and they said my app was in the same position as the day it went complete.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby jks289 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:27 pm

Veritas wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:anyone have any idea what is going on over there at the admissions office? I've been complete since 11/19.

no idea. I called (complete 10/29) and they said my app was in the same position as the day it went complete.


I've been complete since early December. Haven't heard a peep.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby nyyankees » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:37 pm

So the website says there is a travel stipend offered, but only if you qualify for it. And the decision as to whether or not you qualify is made within three weeks after you outlay for the expenses. Does anyone know how stingy they are with these things? Obviously $300 isnt a lot in the grander scheme of things, but it seems like a weird place to cut back when trying to convince people to come to your school

BarNone
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BarNone » Thu Feb 04, 2010 3:28 pm

I looked at the info on the page -- it says within three days you will know if you are approved for the travel stipend. You get your money back three weeks after you submit you receipts.

User avatar
sookie99
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 1:30 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sookie99 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:01 pm

i just got waitlisted at notre dame & am shocked! totally thought i'd get rejected. applied mid-November, letter dated Feb. 1

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:04 pm

sookie99 wrote:i just got waitlisted at notre dame & am shocked! totally thought i'd get rejected. applied mid-November, letter dated Feb. 1

:| this does not bode well for us early people still waiting...

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby brose002 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Veritas wrote:
sookie99 wrote:i just got waitlisted at notre dame & am shocked! totally thought i'd get rejected. applied mid-November, letter dated Feb. 1

:| this does not bode well for us early people still waiting...


Oh Crap. Do you think spells doom for us Veritas?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:11 pm

brose002 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sookie99 wrote:i just got waitlisted at notre dame & am shocked! totally thought i'd get rejected. applied mid-November, letter dated Feb. 1

:| this does not bode well for us early people still waiting...


Oh Crap. Do you think spells doom for us Veritas?

lol. I don't know what to make of anything. I will be pretty bummed with a WL considering I got it last year, with worst stats...

User avatar
brose002
Posts: 283
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby brose002 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Veritas wrote:
brose002 wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sookie99 wrote:i just got waitlisted at notre dame & am shocked! totally thought i'd get rejected. applied mid-November, letter dated Feb. 1

:| this does not bode well for us early people still waiting...


Oh Crap. Do you think spells doom for us Veritas?

lol. I don't know what to make of anything. I will be pretty bummed with a WL considering I got it last year, with worst stats...


A WL would be pretty crushing to me as well. I honestly don't know what to think anymore either. It's getting ridiculous. 14 weeks and counting.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:15 pm

brose002 wrote:
A WL would be pretty crushing to me as well. I honestly don't know what to think anymore either. It's getting ridiculous. 14 weeks and counting.

I JUST added up the weeks today.... :| ....when i called they said they were two weeks behind so 12 weeks? still a little disconcerting..

Torvon
Posts: 352
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:09 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Torvon » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
brose002 wrote:
A WL would be pretty crushing to me as well. I honestly don't know what to think anymore either. It's getting ridiculous. 14 weeks and counting.

I JUST added up the weeks today.... :| ....when i called they said they were two weeks behind so 12 weeks? still a little disconcerting..


I obviously have nothing to complain about compared to the two of you, but I've been wondering what makes ND review some applications much faster than others. For example someone was accepted a week or so ago that went complete in January. Just crazy....anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the recent WL, as I remember you two have much better numbers.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby jks289 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:17 pm

Waitlisted via snail mail. 168/3.5. I am a little surprised since I wrote a Why Notre Dame essay. I am not entirely sure what my next step is. I am assuming the WL takes any money offer off the table.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lateforthesky16 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:48 pm

jks289 wrote:Waitlisted via snail mail. 168/3.5. I am a little surprised since I wrote a Why Notre Dame essay. I am not entirely sure what my next step is. I am assuming the WL takes any money offer off the table.




sorry to hear this. i was waitlisted also with the same numbers and a why ND essay. ND was my top choice too. :| looking at LSN, ND seems to be dishing out a ton more WL's for RD applicants with high numbers than earlier in the cycle. I thought applying like Nov. 5 was still early but I think I would've been in much better shape applying ED. Hope you get off the waitlist! best of luck

User avatar
hiromoto45
Posts: 881
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:05 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:51 pm

How long does it take ND to send a decision after going complete?

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:52 pm

jks289 wrote:Waitlisted via snail mail. 168/3.5. I am a little surprised since I wrote a Why Notre Dame essay. I am not entirely sure what my next step is. I am assuming the WL takes any money offer off the table.

Last cycle people got off with money. So don't count yourself out just yet.

User avatar
nyyankees
Posts: 484
Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:50 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby nyyankees » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:45 pm

im watchin the ND bball game and the cheerleaders and other people in the stands seem far from attractive and also crazy pasty...dislike

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fulkersonr1 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:20 am

nyyankees wrote:im watchin the ND bball game and the cheerleaders and other people in the stands seem far from attractive and also crazy pasty...dislike



True but it is winter in South Bend. Im sure everyone is more attractive and less pasty come Spring.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby utcris410 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:25 pm

nyyankees wrote:im watchin the ND bball game and the cheerleaders and other people in the stands seem far from attractive and also crazy pasty...dislike

HAHAHAHA!!!! :mrgreen:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”