In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:40 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:I would imagine activity from Notre Dame will pick up a lot once all of us ED applicants have to have decided on the 29th.


(I would guess) TITCR.

Fulkersonr, do you know what you're going to do? By the looks of your LSN, you've got a lot of schools to hear from yet.

User avatar
lateforthesky16
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lateforthesky16 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:46 pm

Bennettju wrote:Hey, just wondering what people have been hearing from ND this week. I'd love to have a sense of how close they are to reviewing my app (got the complete email on 12/7).

Any late November/early December RD applications been decided upon yet?



I think for RD applicants they're still stuck on late October/early November. I'm complete since early November, and I believe Veritas was complete late October and hasn't heard yet. Someone else was complete before me in November and hadn't heard either (they were complete Nov. 10th I think). Hope that helps. Good luck to you!

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:I would imagine activity from Notre Dame will pick up a lot once all of us ED applicants have to have decided on the 29th.


Excited for your trip.



Yeah. I am excited. Hopefully is not too brutally cold but either way look forward to seeing the campus in person and meeting some of the admissions staff, students and seeing a class. Also want to check out Fiddler's Hearth and the place that is supposed to have great burgers, dont remember the name right now.

User avatar
fulkersonr1
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fulkersonr1 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:58 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:I would imagine activity from Notre Dame will pick up a lot once all of us ED applicants have to have decided on the 29th.


(I would guess) TITCR.

Fulkersonr, do you know what you're going to do? By the looks of your LSN, you've got a lot of schools to hear from yet.


Still undecided. Yeah I have a lot of schools to hear from but I hope to hear from UIUC before I have to decide on ND and if Im lucky will hear from Minn. and/or WUSTL. Those along with Tulane are the schools I would prob most strongly consider other than ND. Though if I pass on ND will really look into a few others as well depending on scholly offers.

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fedtaxed » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:16 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:Yeah. I am excited. Hopefully is not too brutally cold but either way look forward to seeing the campus in person and meeting some of the admissions staff, students and seeing a class. Also want to check out Fiddler's Hearth and the place that is supposed to have great burgers, dont remember the name right now.


Do you mean CJ's? (That's where Jimmy Clausen got punched, fyi...)

User avatar
ndirish2010
Posts: 2950
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby ndirish2010 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:25 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
fulkersonr1 wrote:I would imagine activity from Notre Dame will pick up a lot once all of us ED applicants have to have decided on the 29th.


Excited for your trip.



Yeah. I am excited. Hopefully is not too brutally cold but either way look forward to seeing the campus in person and meeting some of the admissions staff, students and seeing a class. Also want to check out Fiddler's Hearth and the place that is supposed to have great burgers, dont remember the name right now.


Next two days it is actually supposed to be in the 40s in South Bend...I am pretty excited about that, winters are pretty awful around here if you're not quite used to them. I hope you enjoy your trip and really consider ND, this is a great place (still hoping to get in, but I've had a great undergrad experience here)

User avatar
BuffaloSabres137
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:09 pm

haha I love that CJ's is known as the place Jimmy got punched

User avatar
BC2010
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:40 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BC2010 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:33 pm

CJ's is great...

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:12 pm

I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:13 pm

sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!

CONGRATS!!!


(still bitterly waiting)

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:15 pm

Veritas wrote:
sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!

CONGRATS!!!


(still bitterly waiting)



What?! Seriously? I would have gone crazy and punched something by now. I havent heard from BU yet either...not like it matters now but geez

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:16 pm

sckon wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!

CONGRATS!!!


(still bitterly waiting)



What?! Seriously? I would have gone crazy and punched something by now. I havent heard from BU yet either...not like it matters now but geez

I called, they said "nothing has changed since you went complete (on 10/29)" - what does that mean, I haven't been reviewed yet?

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
sckon wrote:
Veritas wrote:
sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!

CONGRATS!!!


(still bitterly waiting)



What?! Seriously? I would have gone crazy and punched something by now. I havent heard from BU yet either...not like it matters now but geez

I called, they said "nothing has changed since you went complete (on 10/29)" - what does that mean, I haven't been reviewed yet?



I know they have professors review files also so maybe they are just taking a little longer? I am not quite sure what to think of that.

User avatar
BuffaloSabres137
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:22 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:16 pm

sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!


Congratulations! I will see you in the fall.

I know I don't have the official authority to give you your first assignment as a NDLS student, but you should probably memorize this and start working on your pushups now because it is going to be a fun football season.

"Rally sons of Notre Dame,
Sing her glory, and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue,
And cheer with voices true,
Rah! Rah! For Notre Dame.

We will fight in every game
Strong of heart and true to her name.
We will ne'er forget her
And we'll cheer her ever,
Loyal to Notre Dame.

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory."

GO IRISH!

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby timertimer61 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Im on the waitlist with a 3.52 and 161/164...
what are my chances of getting in through the waitlist? from what i hear, they only take a few off the waitlist...
sigh...

rookhawk
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:44 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby rookhawk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:26 pm

?
Last edited by rookhawk on Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby law_lover » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:36 pm

I am waiting (sent my application in recently). Nervous...

fedtaxed
Posts: 46
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:39 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fedtaxed » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:22 pm

BuffaloSabres137 wrote:
sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!


Congratulations! I will see you in the fall.

I know I don't have the official authority to give you your first assignment as a NDLS student, but you should probably memorize this and start working on your pushups now because it is going to be a fun football season.

"Rally sons of Notre Dame,
Sing her glory, and sound her fame
Raise her Gold and Blue,
And cheer with voices true,
Rah! Rah! For Notre Dame.

We will fight in every game
Strong of heart and true to her name.
We will ne'er forget her
And we'll cheer her ever,
Loyal to Notre Dame.

Cheer, cheer for Old Notre Dame
Wake up the echoes cheering her name,
Send the volley cheer on high,
Shake down the thunder from the sky,
What though the odds be great or small
Old Notre Dame will win over all,
While her loyal sons are marching
Onward to Victory."

GO IRISH!

The Fight Song/Victory March is great, but you really really shoud learn the Alma Mater. You're joining our ND family, & nothing is better!!!!!

"Notre Dame our mother; tender, strong, and true..." Look it up; you'll find it.

Trust me, this song helps to differentiate football fans from students/alum. CONGRATULATIONS on choosing ND. I hope hope hope that I'll be joining you in August.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby 02082010 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Withdrew my app today. Good luck all!

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby rocross1 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:36 pm

sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!


I pm'd you

User avatar
Helmholtz
Posts: 4394
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:48 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Helmholtz » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:49 pm

Withdrew today, good luck to everybody.

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:16 pm

rocross1 wrote:
sckon wrote:I am officially attending now. Negotiated my scholarship and couldn't be more happy with the offer. Go Irish!


I pm'd you



backsies

JayCole
Posts: 98
Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby JayCole » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:45 pm

Complete as of 1/8. How long does it usually take to hear back?

k10370
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby k10370 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm

JayCole wrote:Complete as of 1/8. How long does it usually take to hear back?


I've been complete since 12/7 and haven't heard a thing since.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 pm

k10370 wrote:
JayCole wrote:Complete as of 1/8. How long does it usually take to hear back?


I've been complete since 12/7 and haven't heard a thing since.

how about, 10/29? :wink:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, notsolawful and 14 guests