In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
badwithpseudonyms

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:17 pm

t_flores08 wrote:
finalaspects wrote:
t_flores08 wrote:Ok, I need to know if ND sends acceptances via email. I just received an acceptance and I am flipping out from excitement. This feels too unreal and I have not heard of anyone getting accepted thru email (may have missed it). Someone PLEASE Confirm!

you couldn't read 5 posts up?

Hey, sorry about that. I posted in a rush. I blame the adrenaline. Thank you pointing it out tho.

Don't worry about it. I've reposted my numbers about 100x in the last few weeks. (Although, it was literally on the same page. :lol: ) Regardless, congratulations!

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:21 pm

Does nD include scholarship $$$ in the emails or is that sent with the packet?

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm

clint4law wrote:Does nD include scholarship $$$ in the emails or is that sent with the packet?

My email included scholarship award.

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:37 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
clint4law wrote:Does nD include scholarship $$$ in the emails or is that sent with the packet?

My email included scholarship award.

+1 with scholly info. I am bouncing off the walls at work. ND is pretty much my first choice (if not one of my higher choices). And I really expected a rejection. When I opened the email, i freaked out and thought for a few minutes it was a joke/ mistake. Honestly, one of my best days and the BEST Christmas present I could have gotten. Congrats to all!!!

sckon

Postby sckon » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:41 pm

Well congrats everyone. There is an acceptance thread and facebook page if attending

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:44 pm

IN via email with a nice scholarship! Applied the end of October. I'm a high LSAT splitter. Wrote a 'Why ND?' essay (1 page).

Very excited :D

starrynight62

Postby starrynight62 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Another IN as of yesterday via email with 20k/year.

168/3.5/no "why" essay

So freaking excited.

Edit: for those who are still waiting and curious, I applied early in October.

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:06 pm

waitlisted.

165 and 3.81.

No why notre dame.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Kojack wrote:waitlisted.

165 and 3.81.

No why notre dame.

sorry to hear, this does not bode well for me.

Kojack

Postby Kojack » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Veritas wrote:
Kojack wrote:waitlisted.

165 and 3.81.

No why notre dame.

sorry to hear, this does not bode well for me.

Yeah I think we are almost numbers twins.

Don't worry maybe I made a huge mistake on my app. :(

ppa840

Postby ppa840 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:37 pm

Waitlist: 168/3.82 and no "why ND" essay

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:55 pm

ppa840 wrote:Waitlist: 168/3.82 and no "why ND" essay

Well damn...I hope I wrote the greatest "Why ND" essay ever...

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Ah, I don't want to check the mail tomorrow.

weis14

Postby weis14 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:16 pm

When did you apply? I also am one who is putting all my hopes in my why ND essay.

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:26 pm

Slimpee wrote:

I simply copied and pasted the script to Rudy. Seemed to work well for me.

Stellar

Postby Stellar » Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:37 pm

sckon wrote:
Slimpee wrote:

Ha!

"Lemme in law school! I've got HEART. I'll even take out your trash and live in the janitor's store-room!"

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:04 pm

I received the acceptance package in the mail today (was emailed on Friday). Has a folder full of info (e.g. acceptance letter, materials with which to accept offer, honor code handout, official ND law pamphlet, etc.) plus a spiral-bound student-created guide to ND that is pretty extensive (maybe a couple of hundred pages). Just a heads up for people waiting between getting the email and the package.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:34 pm

sckon wrote:
Slimpee wrote:

dammit I knew you had to of had some kind of trick.

but for reals, I'm concerned.

sckon

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Well I am not sure how your ranking schools presently (outside of T-14), but a waitlist is not a death sentence. People get off the waitlist with scholly from what I have heard. You will be fine, you are doing something right this cycle. You have acceptances to some damn good schools which will put you in a good place upon graduation. If ND is your top school then give them all you got, god forbid you get WL. I did my part and put in a good word for you. I even bribed them with sour skittles and swedish fish, which is always good for something.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 21, 2009 11:45 pm

UFMatt wrote:I received the acceptance package in the mail today (was emailed on Friday). Has a folder full of info (e.g. acceptance letter, materials with which to accept offer, honor code handout, official ND law pamphlet, etc.) plus a spiral-bound student-created guide to ND that is pretty extensive (maybe a couple of hundred pages). Just a heads up for people waiting between getting the email and the package.

+1. I was bored. I'm on page 61. Pretty good stuff.

Lauren2255

Postby Lauren2255 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:30 am

In w/ good money!!! 167./3.91 - Why ND relating to my Catholic undergrad...

With the unpredictable pattern of acceptances for both ND and BC, I've come up with a hypothesis and I want to test it out on you guys. Do you think ND favors applicants who graduate from Catholic undergrads and perhaps even Catholic high schools? For those of you who got in, are you from a Catholic undergrad and for those of you who didn't with numbers above their medians did you come from Catholic undergrads?

Also, another question, which I'm surprised no one has brought up, has to do with legacy. I know legacy is really important in gaining admission to ND undergrad, but what have you heard about the law school and legacy? Is it easier to get into without legacy than ND undergrad?

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:15 am

Lauren2255 wrote:In w/ good money!!! 167./3.91 - Why ND relating to my Catholic undergrad...

With the unpredictable pattern of acceptances for both ND and BC, I've come up with a hypothesis and I want to test it out on you guys. Do you think ND favors applicants who graduate from Catholic undergrads and perhaps even Catholic high schools? For those of you who got in, are you from a Catholic undergrad and for those of you who didn't with numbers above their medians did you come from Catholic undergrads?

Also, another question, which I'm surprised no one has brought up, has to do with legacy. I know legacy is really important in gaining admission to ND undergrad, but what have you heard about the law school and legacy? Is it easier to get into without legacy than ND undergrad?

Congrats!

To answer your questions: I have no idea if it makes a difference, but I from a Catholic UG and a Catholic HS. Definitely no legacies in my family, but my UG adviser is a ND grad.

One more thing, I'm a little disappointed because my LSAT was 2 raw points off a 2 converted point bump, which seems to qualify admits for twice as much scholarship money. Hopefully I can get some more money out of them later in the cycle because I'm excited about ND, but it's pretty darn expensive.

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:00 pm

Lauren2255 wrote:With the unpredictable pattern of acceptances for both ND and BC, I've come up with a hypothesis and I want to test it out on you guys. Do you think ND favors applicants who graduate from Catholic undergrads and perhaps even Catholic high schools? For those of you who got in, are you from a Catholic undergrad and for those of you who didn't with numbers above their medians did you come from Catholic undergrads?

I was recently admitted to ND (one of my top choices if not my TOP choice) this past friday and received my package in the mail yesterday. I sent in the app without expecting this and I got in w/ some scholly money (Which REALLY surprised me). When I applied I thought I had no chance (sub-par numbers for TLS standards), but applied so I wouldn't wonder 10 years from now "what-if". Imagine how I reacted when I opened my acceptance email thinking it was the "happy holiday email"!!!

Anyways, I am from a lower tier public school and have attended public school all my life. I did mention, however, in my why ND statement how my Catholic upbringing has impacted me and how I want to practice in Chicago/ Midwest. Also, I am the first in my family to attend to attend any form of graduate school, and noone in my family has attended Notre Dame, so legacy status does not apply to me AT ALL.

I have a post in the "what are my chances" section where many people say I had 0 chance at ND, and LSP has me projected at <5% chance, so really, I am still in shock. After this acceptance, I STRONGLY believe them when they whole-person review philosophy and believe that anyone who is close to the numbers with a diverse background/ can bring something to the table should apply. Statistically, ND was/ is beyond my grasp.

Anyways, I am excited and would love to hear what people think about the campus, the school itself, South Bend, and anything else related to the school. I am going to be visiting in January just to check things out. Anyone want to join? lol

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:08 pm

t_flores08 wrote:
I was recently admitted to ND (one of my top choices if not my TOP choice) this past friday and received my package in the mail yesterday. I sent in the app without expecting this and I got in w/ some scholly money (Which REALLY surprised me). When I applied I thought I had no chance (sub-par numbers for TLS standards), but applied so I wouldn't wonder 10 years from now "what-if". Imagine how I reacted when I opened my acceptance email thinking it was the "happy holiday email"!!!

Anyways, I am from a lower tier public school and have attended public school all my life. I did mention, however, in my why ND statement how my Catholic upbringing has impacted me and how I want to practice in Chicago/ Midwest. Also, I am the first in my family to attend to attend any form of graduate school, and noone in my family has attended Notre Dame, so legacy status does not apply to me AT ALL.

I have a post in the "what are my chances" section where many people say I had 0 chance at ND, and LSP has me projected at <5% chance, so really, I am still in shock. After this acceptance, I STRONGLY believe them when they whole-person review philosophy and believe that anyone who is close to the numbers with a diverse background/ can bring something to the table should apply. Statistically, ND was/ is beyond my grasp.

Anyways, I am excited and would love to hear what people think about the campus, the school itself, South Bend, and anything else related to the school. I am going to be visiting in January just to check things out. Anyone want to join? lol

Wow, that is awesome! This makes me feel better!

I wrote a bit about my involvement in church and how ND would allow me to continue to explore my faith and how it intertwines w/ law. Maybe they'll like it!

ppa840

Postby ppa840 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:16 pm

weis14 wrote:

When did you apply? I also am one who is putting all my hopes in my why ND essay.

Sent in my app. on 10/5

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”