In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm

doinmybest wrote:Complete Nov 23rd, should I call??

wait till next week, if you check LSN, it looks like last Friday they sent out some news that's making its way across the country. I've been RD complete since 10/29 and I don't feel any pressure to call.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 pm

doinmybest wrote:Complete Nov 23rd, should I call??


You should at least call them to inform them that you're out of the country. One person who called got an email right away. At least this way they'll know that email will the best way to get into contact with you. It can't hurt.

But if you went complete on Nov 23rd, there is almost no chances that you are under review let alone DR. it takes around 8 weeks.

But tell us how it goes if you do decide to call.

User avatar
beebs

Bronze
Posts: 219
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:37 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby beebs » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:26 pm

doinmybest wrote:
beebs wrote:Got the acceptance email on 12/8, and finally made it to the post office to get my mysterious "package" that couldn't be delivered (NYC, no doorman - :x ).

ND Law sent a $10+ Priority Mail package with letter, guidebook, and miscellaneous items. I am really impressed. W&L sent a tiny envelope with a single, smudged letter. Details matter.

Also, did not write a Why ND letter. See LSN for stats and scholly info.



Did you also receive an e-mail that you were admitted or was it just a snail mail package!!?? I'm abroad and I wont know unless its e-mail... Man this sucks!!!


I got a notice that I had the package on 12/7, but got the email on 12/08. Complete 11/06, ED.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 pm

beebs wrote:
I got a notice that I had the package on 12/7, but got the email on 12/08. Complete 11/06, ED.


Are they done now with all the ED?

sckon

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 pm

I think that might be the assumption

starrynight62

New
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 3:15 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby starrynight62 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 pm

Did anyone else get a call with a "follow-up" question? Someone left a message and I am supposed to call them back. I looked over my app and can't imagine what they'd have a question about. I didn't write the "WHY" essay and I'm wondering if this is what they are going to ask me...?

sckon

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:49 pm

starrynight62 wrote:Did anyone else get a call with a "follow-up" question? Someone left a message and I am supposed to call them back. I looked over my app and can't imagine what they'd have a question about. I didn't write the "WHY" essay and I'm wondering if this is what they are going to ask me...?



First I have heard of it.

User avatar
vandalvideo

Bronze
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby vandalvideo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 pm

starrynight62 wrote:Did anyone else get a call with a "follow-up" question? Someone left a message and I am supposed to call them back. I looked over my app and can't imagine what they'd have a question about. I didn't write the "WHY" essay and I'm wondering if this is what they are going to ask me...?


Look at the bright side, they're interested in you.

User avatar
edgarderby

Bronze
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:51 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby edgarderby » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:37 pm

finalaspects wrote:
longhornem wrote:ND waitlists tons of people. They want to make sure they get people who actually want to come here, so there are tons of people here who rode out the waitlist for a while. It's definitely not a soft reject, especially if you show interest. I personally got off the WL (I'm a current 2L), as did lots of others in my class. Definitely contact Heather or Melissa in admissions (they are super nice and helpful), and stay in regular contact with admissions (every month or so) with your LOCI, any transcript or other updates, visits, phone calls, additional LORs, etc., so they keep you in mind and know you're still interested. The list will start moving in April-ish, so be patient and don't worry!


I guess they're like fordham in this regard?

I hope I get accepted early though, Notre Dame is one of my top choices... Waiting until post-April might rule out the school entirely...


Fun fact: one of the people with the "worst odds" of getting into ND, that came off the July waitlist....is on law review and is one of the only people that has a biglaw offer for the summer.

So...goes to show how much all this admissions nonsense proves. :roll:

User avatar
Hopefullawstudent

Bronze
Posts: 427
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:35 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Hopefullawstudent » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Just got a waitlist letter in the mail. 168 LSAT, 3.5x from a top public. Strong softs.

I'm in at BU and UMinn already, so I'm not devastated, but of course I really wanted in at ND. I guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait, but I may or may not submit a LOCI.

HL

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:01 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Just got a waitlist letter in the mail. 168 LSAT, 3.5x from a top public. Strong softs.

I'm in at BU and UMinn already, so I'm not devastated, but of course I really wanted in at ND. I guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait, but I may or may not submit a LOCI.

HL


when did you go complete?

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms

Silver
Posts: 814
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Hopefullawstudent wrote:Just got a waitlist letter in the mail. 168 LSAT, 3.5x from a top public. Strong softs.

I'm in at BU and UMinn already, so I'm not devastated, but of course I really wanted in at ND. I guess I'm going to have to be patient and wait, but I may or may not submit a LOCI.

HL


"Why ND" essay?

User avatar
vandalvideo

Bronze
Posts: 297
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby vandalvideo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:11 pm

Just got a waitlist too; 167/3.62. Yes on Why Notre Dame. Probably just going to withdraw. First bad news of the cycle, although a waitlist isn't the worst of news.

For those interested; complete on 10/30.

User avatar
doinmybest

Bronze
Posts: 460
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby doinmybest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:21 pm

vandalvideo wrote:Just got a waitlist too; 167/3.62. Yes on Why Notre Dame. Probably just going to withdraw. First bad news of the cycle, although a waitlist isn't the worst of news.

For those interested; complete on 10/30.


Whoa, you got WL'd even with a why ND essay... I'm screwed. ND is really making a run at those rankings.

clint4law

Silver
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby clint4law » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:26 pm

doinmybest wrote:
vandalvideo wrote:Just got a waitlist too; 167/3.62. Yes on Why Notre Dame. Probably just going to withdraw. First bad news of the cycle, although a waitlist isn't the worst of news.

For those interested; complete on 10/30.


Whoa, you got WL'd even with a why ND essay... I'm screwed. ND is really making a run at those rankings.


+1....that's an auto admit.........leaves very little hope for my chances.

Pearalegal

Silver
Posts: 1433
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:50 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Pearalegal » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 pm

Uh, maybe...I got in with a 168, 3.5X non-EA.

Can't imagine why they'd take me if they're trying to game the numbers.

sckon

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:01 pm

I got in a 166, 3.46, and non urm


dont lose hope.

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:02 pm

I feel a WL coming, after getting WLed last cycle I don't know what more I can do for you ND!!!!

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:03 pm

Veritas wrote:I feel a WL coming, after getting WLed last cycle I don't know what more I can do for you ND!!!!


when did you go complete? i thought you had a few more weeks for your 8 week to be coming up?

User avatar
Veritas

Gold
Posts: 2695
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:05 pm

finalaspects wrote:
Veritas wrote:I feel a WL coming, after getting WLed last cycle I don't know what more I can do for you ND!!!!


when did you go complete? i thought you had a few more weeks for your 8 week to be coming up?

:oops: I probably do, I went complete 10/29, so I guess I am just getting to the end of my eight weeks.

User avatar
jks289

Silver
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby jks289 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:10 pm

I got the comlete email 12/8. I am assuming I just wait until after the holidays. They don't have a status checker, right?

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:11 pm

jks289 wrote:I got the comlete email 12/8. I am assuming I just wait until after the holidays. They don't have a status checker, right?


lol until after the holidays? more like wait until mid February. and yea no status checker

sckon

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:12 pm

jks289 wrote:I got the comlete email 12/8. I am assuming I just wait until after the holidays. They don't have a status checker, right?



No. You probably have a long wait. Take a seat. Enjoy the complimentary mints.

finalaspects

Gold
Posts: 1866
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:21 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby finalaspects » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:13 pm

sckon wrote:
jks289 wrote:I got the comlete email 12/8. I am assuming I just wait until after the holidays. They don't have a status checker, right?



No. You probably have a long wait. Take a seat. Enjoy the complimentary mints.


damnit i didn't get any mints. i got jiffed...

sckon

Silver
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:14 pm

finalaspects wrote:
sckon wrote:
jks289 wrote:I got the comlete email 12/8. I am assuming I just wait until after the holidays. They don't have a status checker, right?



No. You probably have a long wait. Take a seat. Enjoy the complimentary mints.


damnit i didn't get any mints. i got jiffed...



You applied earlier and therefore should have received the fruit basket



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests