In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:13 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
robin600 wrote:So during the phone interview she told me she knows roughly about how many spots she has on the WL, and she wanted to call the people she's thinking would be the best to fill these spots when they become available to make sure they are still interested. She will know the exact number of seats available in a week or two and will call and email those who she'd like to fill them. The phone interview was very short and simple, a few why ND questions and she ended with what's your favorite movie. She also asked how long I was willing to stay on the WL and how soon I could make a decision if offered a spot. IDK what this means or anything, but I'm guessing a phone call is good? What do you all think?


Who exactly did you speak with? Was it Melissa or Heather?

Heather. Got a call today, accepted with no money and I turned it down because they only gave me till Monday to decide. Hope it goes to one of you all! Tried to negotiate some money but no luck! Couldn't turn down 60k at WUSTL. GL everyone!!!!


Thanks and good luck too. Did you send them any LOCIs, extra LORs, etc. during your WL process?

Yes all of the above and I visited as well.

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby txhorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:37 pm

Another week gone by :(

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fenderjsm88 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:42 pm

I'm just gonna hope that I'm on a list of people who will be getting offers without phone interviews and I'll receive a pleasant email/phone call on Monday morning :D

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:02 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:I'm just gonna hope that I'm on a list of people who will be getting offers without phone interviews and I'll receive a pleasant email/phone call on Monday morning :D

They told me they will know for sure the number of offers they have available in about two weeks. As for why I got a call yesterday, I believe someone withdrew as soon as she called me, so it may be sooner or a little while. A good piece of advice is send a LOCI email (another one yes, simple and sweet) to express your interest in attending ASAP, I think that's what they were looking for.

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fenderjsm88 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:17 am

robin600 wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:I'm just gonna hope that I'm on a list of people who will be getting offers without phone interviews and I'll receive a pleasant email/phone call on Monday morning :D

They told me they will know for sure the number of offers they have available in about two weeks. As for why I got a call yesterday, I believe someone withdrew as soon as she called me, so it may be sooner or a little while. A good piece of advice is send a LOCI email (another one yes, simple and sweet) to express your interest in attending ASAP, I think that's what they were looking for.


Okay, I'll send them another one tomorrow. I actually have the same GPA as you, plus a higher lsat, so hopefully they'll look at my file. Thanks for the advice. Plus, writing another LOCI can give me practice for the Why ND questions I'll get in the phone interview.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:46 pm

robin600 wrote:As for why I got a call yesterday, I believe someone withdrew as soon as she called me, so it may be sooner or a little while.


What leads you to believe this? Did Heather give you any hints?

robin600 wrote:A good piece of advice is send a LOCI email (another one yes, simple and sweet) to express your interest in attending ASAP, I think that's what they were looking for.


Why do you think they are looking for an LOCI that explicitly says that? Couldn't it be redundant if we've already explained how bad we want to attend ND in our previous LOCIs? Or, is it just a matter of explaining to admissions that we want to be accepted NOW?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
robin600 wrote:As for why I got a call yesterday, I believe someone withdrew as soon as she called me, so it may be sooner or a little while.


What leads you to believe this? Did Heather give you any hints?

robin600 wrote:A good piece of advice is send a LOCI email (another one yes, simple and sweet) to express your interest in attending ASAP, I think that's what they were looking for.


Why do you think they are looking for an LOCI that explicitly says that? Couldn't it be redundant if we've already explained how bad we want to attend ND in our previous LOCIs? Or, is it just a matter of explaining to admissions that we want to be accepted NOW?

On her previous phone call she said it'd be about two weeks before they know the exact number of offers and she also stated that she noticed how I was still interested in ND (I send her a LOCI email saying I was still interested and nothing more) about a week before the phone call. I have no idea why I got a phone call so soon, that's just what I was thinking. As for the LOCI, I don't mean a long drawn out response on why you love ND, just a simple a hey I'm still interested. That's just what I did and it worked for me.

BarNone
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BarNone » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:31 am

mmmm, interesting about the admit. I called the admin office Friday afternoon to talk to either Melissa or Heather and neither were in the office. I called today and spoke to Heather, she said no one was admitted last week. mmmm.

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby txhorn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:54 am

BarNone wrote:mmmm, interesting about the admit. I called the admin office Friday afternoon to talk to either Melissa or Heather and neither were in the office. I called today and spoke to Heather, she said no one was admitted last week. mmmm.


So robin600 is a liar? Is that what you're getting at?

BarNone
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BarNone » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:59 am

Call the office and talk to Heather yourself, if you don't believe me.

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby txhorn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:11 am

BarNone wrote:Call the office and talk to Heather yourself, if you don't believe me.


You're right :shock: She said they haven't made any off the WL. She's also really nice
Last edited by txhorn on Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

BarNone
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BarNone » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:12 am

sucks doesn't it. on-line persona is one thing, what Robin600 did is another.

txhorn
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby txhorn » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:16 am

BarNone wrote:sucks doesn't it. on-line persona is one thing, what Robin600 did is another.


Maybe ND is trying to be political and doesn't want to discourage everyone else :?

BarNone
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:54 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby BarNone » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:17 am

they have nothing to gain and they aren't known for lying. other offices, maybe, but not ND

cheesus
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby cheesus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:20 am

Possible that because robin did not accept they did not count it as an admit . . . hard to believe though

User avatar
redvelvetccake
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby redvelvetccake » Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:21 am

Got a call about an hour ago, accidentally sent it to voicemail. Probably a good thing since I definitely did not expect it. Am calling back after work today and will post any updates.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:08 pm

cheesus wrote:Possible that because robin did not accept they did not count it as an admit . . . hard to believe though


I think that this is the most plausible explanation. That being said, I would be surprised to find out that robin600 or ND admissions was lying. :|

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:10 pm

redvelvetccake wrote:Got a call about an hour ago, accidentally sent it to voicemail. Probably a good thing since I definitely did not expect it. Am calling back after work today and will post any updates.


Any word?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:06 am

Not lying, but think what you want. I never received anything official (email, snail mail, etc..) because I turned down the offer right away, via the phone. Hell maybe it wasn't an offer but she said "we'd like to give you a seat at ND for the upcoming school year, will you accept?" I asked about money, none, then said I wouldn't because WUSTL just increased my scholarship. They wouldn't budge on funding and that was the conversation. Call me a liar all you want, I really don't care, I'm just trying to be informative.

User avatar
kcg171
Posts: 93
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:54 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby kcg171 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:35 am

Hi Robin,

Did it sound like money was a no for anyone accepted from the wl?

Thanks!

2013ek
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon May 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby 2013ek » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:38 am

robin600 wrote:Not lying, but think what you want. I never received anything official (email, snail mail, etc..) because I turned down the offer right away, via the phone. Hell maybe it wasn't an offer but she said "we'd like to give you a seat at ND for the upcoming school year, will you accept?" I asked about money, none, then said I wouldn't because WUSTL just increased my scholarship. They wouldn't budge on funding and that was the conversation. Call me a liar all you want, I really don't care, I'm just trying to be informative.


Hey Robin, thanks for the info. For what it's worth, I'm sure everyone will come to appreciate your decisiveness in turning down the spot whether their paranoia is in high gear right now or not. Good luck at WUSTL!

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:48 am

kcg171 wrote:Hi Robin,

Did it sound like money was a no for anyone accepted from the wl?

Thanks!

I'm guessing no from previous conversations with admissions staff about the WL, they told me it was unlikely that any money would be available (and that was fine with me before WUSTL gave me an offer). They might have money to reallocate once they know for sure the number of people with scholarships deposited, but to me it sounded like a no go. Maybe for people who have great numbers, but applied late? IDK.
2013ek wrote:
robin600 wrote:Not lying, but think what you want. I never received anything official (email, snail mail, etc..) because I turned down the offer right away, via the phone. Hell maybe it wasn't an offer but she said "we'd like to give you a seat at ND for the upcoming school year, will you accept?" I asked about money, none, then said I wouldn't because WUSTL just increased my scholarship. They wouldn't budge on funding and that was the conversation. Call me a liar all you want, I really don't care, I'm just trying to be informative.


Hey Robin, thanks for the info. For what it's worth, I'm sure everyone will come to appreciate your decisiveness in turning down the spot whether their paranoia is in high gear right now or not. Good luck at WUSTL!

Thanks 2013ek! Where are you headed if ND doesn't come through?

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 am

Any guess as to when offers will start to come rolling in? I WANT IN ALREADY!!!

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fenderjsm88 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:10 am

Hopefully they'll start taking people off the WL by the end of this week. Hopefully I'll be one of those people.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:18 am

fenderjsm88 wrote:Hopefully they'll start taking people off the WL by the end of this week. Hopefully I'll be one of those people.


Where else are you WL at?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: applicationquestions, Google Adsense [Bot], Keilz, trohara14 and 17 guests