In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Notor » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:46 pm

Straight up rejected. Kind of surprising, given my stats and other acceptances. I did not write the "Why ND?" essay. ND looks to be pretty raw this cycle, tough luck everyone.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:57 pm

Notor wrote:Straight up rejected. Kind of surprising, given my stats and other acceptances. I did not write the "Why ND?" essay. ND looks to be pretty raw this cycle, tough luck everyone.

:( sorry to hear. Where you early?

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Notor » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:04 pm

Veritas wrote:
Notor wrote:Straight up rejected. Kind of surprising, given my stats and other acceptances. I did not write the "Why ND?" essay. ND looks to be pretty raw this cycle, tough luck everyone.

:( sorry to hear. Where you early?

Yeah I applied ED... think this may of actually hurt me, as I was probably being considered with a lot of people with high stats and people who wrote the "Why ND?" essay. In hindsight I should have written one, but then again, ND wasn't exactly my #1 choice so it would've been a little hollow. Maybe I'll feel better by telling myself it was a YP decision...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Veritas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Notor wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Notor wrote:Straight up rejected. Kind of surprising, given my stats and other acceptances. I did not write the "Why ND?" essay. ND looks to be pretty raw this cycle, tough luck everyone.

:( sorry to hear. Where you early?

Yeah I applied ED... think this may of actually hurt me, as I was probably being considered with a lot of people with high stats and people who wrote the "Why ND?" essay. In hindsight I should have written one, but then again, ND wasn't exactly my #1 choice so it would've been a little hollow. Maybe I'll feel better by telling myself it was a YP decision...

ND is making me very nervous.

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:54 pm

10 hail mary's for notre dame acceptances!

timertimer61
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:31 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby timertimer61 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:01 pm

i got Waitlisted! bummed, b/c i really wanted ND badly...
well i did ED and did a why ND essay...anything i could possibly do?
do my chances look look good at all with a 3.52 and 161/164?

bazoogakitty
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:51 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby bazoogakitty » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:48 am

170+/3.3+, rejected at Notre Dame, early action. Weird cycle...accepted last week at Georgetown, RD.

Good luck to everyone trying to get into ND. This might be a rough year.

User avatar
bighead715
Posts: 273
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:02 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby bighead715 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:08 am

i fear ND! i dont know if its good or bad to not have heard yet :/

notor, GL!

User avatar
UFMatt
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:59 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby UFMatt » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:21 am

bazoogakitty wrote:170+/3.3+, rejected at Notre Dame, early action. Weird cycle...accepted last week at Georgetown, RD.

Good luck to everyone trying to get into ND. This might be a rough year.


:shock: Wow, I would have pegged you for an auto-admit.

User avatar
Matypete
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matypete » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 am

timertimer61 wrote:i got Waitlisted! bummed, b/c i really wanted ND badly...
well i did ED and did a why ND essay...anything i could possibly do?
do my chances look look good at all with a 3.52 and 161/164?


If you are really interested in attending, you should submit an additional letter of recommendation, if you have one, and a letter of continued interest. Do that within the next month or two. Always looks good.

User avatar
Matypete
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matypete » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 am

bazoogakitty wrote:170+/3.3+, rejected at Notre Dame, early action. Weird cycle...accepted last week at Georgetown, RD.

Good luck to everyone trying to get into ND. This might be a rough year.


Sorry to hear that. Perhaps this indicates a high GPA trend for ND though? I would have thought you were in as well.

User avatar
eberl032
Posts: 151
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:52 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby eberl032 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:07 am

If I do send additional items such as an LOR, will it help my app in the short run? Or will they acknowledge the addition and keep it for review in like April. I really wanted to have my decision made by march so I can go apt searching over spring break.

User avatar
Matypete
Posts: 49
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matypete » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:12 am

eberl032 wrote:If I do send additional items such as an LOR, will it help my app in the short run? Or will they acknowledge the addition and keep it for review in like April. I really wanted to have my decision made by march so I can go apt searching over spring break.


You're going to have to wait no matter what. Sending the letter of interest is the best and only thing that you can do, to my knowledge. I would send the letter in January after all the ED decisions go out (because then they start considering the general application pool and, depending on the volume of applications, they may start looking at WL in Feb, March.

savetheturtles
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby savetheturtles » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:39 am

.
Last edited by savetheturtles on Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

udlordly
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby udlordly » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I also got into ND off the waitlist. While you're in for a wait, don't be afraid to talk to Heather and Melissa about why you want in. If you would seriously accept an offer the second they extended it, let them know that.

Also visit, show up on time, be pleasant, and ask good questions. It shows you're genuine.

denfrank17
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby denfrank17 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:56 pm

i went complete on 11/10, EA. ideas on how long before I should hear a response?

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:44 am

denfrank17 wrote:i went complete on 11/10, EA. ideas on how long before I should hear a response?



Soon.

clint4law
Posts: 569
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 3:34 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby clint4law » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:57 pm

any RD folks hear yet?

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby rocross1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I am going crazy here. I really hoped to here back by now. Anyway I was wondering if there is anything I can do now that my app is in, and has been in since Oct 2nd? I visited ND on Oct 2nd and expressed that it was and is my top choice. Does anyone know if the admissions office will have knowledge of my visit when they view my app, especially since it has been so long. Is it a good idea to send an email expressing that ND is my top choice and I plan on attending if admitted or should I just let it be and wait?

Mosca
Posts: 251
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:10 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Mosca » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:11 pm

rocross1 wrote:should I just let it be and wait?

This. You are going to get in very soon, just relax.

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby rocross1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:18 pm

Mosca wrote:
rocross1 wrote:should I just let it be and wait?

This. You are going to get in very soon, just relax.


Do you work for the post office or are you psychic? jk I hope I get in soon but if I do not or if I am rejected I will regret not trying everything to get in. That said, I don't want to bother anyone at the admissions office. I am unsure about sending an email because I don't want to seem like I am trying to recieve any privilege beyond my app and its content. The relax part is good advice I did it for a few days but it was harder than stressing out.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:40 pm

rocross1 wrote:I visited ND on Oct 2nd and expressed that it was and is my top choice. Does anyone know if the admissions office will have knowledge of my visit when they view my app, especially since it has been so long. Is it a good idea to send an email expressing that ND is my top choice and I plan on attending if admitted or should I just let it be and wait?


I was pretty certain the whole point of visiting was so you'd have some credibility when you talked about how much you love a school and why it is your first choice. Seriously, your visit and love for ND should have been expressed in your "Why ND?" essay. If you visited after applying, well shit, you didn't think that through. FWIW, I sent an email after my visit thanking Melissa and my tour guide. In it, I expressed my affinity for ND. But that was right after, not two months. Just let it go and try to relax.

User avatar
rocross1
Posts: 112
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 11:20 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby rocross1 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:45 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
rocross1 wrote:I visited ND on Oct 2nd and expressed that it was and is my top choice. Does anyone know if the admissions office will have knowledge of my visit when they view my app, especially since it has been so long. Is it a good idea to send an email expressing that ND is my top choice and I plan on attending if admitted or should I just let it be and wait?


I was pretty certain the whole point of visiting was so you'd have some credibility when you talked about how much you love a school and why it is your first choice. Seriously, your visit and love for ND should have been expressed in your "Why ND?" essay. If you visited after applying, well shit, you didn't think that through. FWIW, I sent an email after my visit thanking Melissa and my tour guide. In it, I expressed my affinity for ND. But that was right after, not two months. Just let it go and try to relax.


Yea I agree, and I did cover this in my "Why ND?" essay-and it was in before I visited. A thank you email was a good idea but it is too late now, I will probably just let it go unless I can think of a good way to send in an email now.

Anyone have an any knowledge about wether or not the admissions staff will be knowledgeable of my visit when they view my app?

sckon
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:03 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby sckon » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:28 pm

rocross1 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
rocross1 wrote:
Anyone have an any knowledge about wether or not the admissions staff will be knowledgeable of my visit when they view my app?



Did you talk to Heather or Melissa? If you did and have already applied at the time of your visit, then maybe. Otherwise, no. Sit back and wait it out. Dont get to gungho over it yet. It comes off as creepy.

When I went I talked to them about a lot of stuff I have done and how it would fit in with ND. They seem interested and I was accepted within 5 days.

02082010
Posts: 2034
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby 02082010 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:39 pm

Wow. Heather knows me pretty well and I talked to her when she came to visit my UG about a month ago. I applied last cycle in January w/ much lower stats and was WL'ed. I would think I'd be a shoe-in this cycle but w/ some of the rejections they've been throwing out it's a little nerve-racking.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”