In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

I think what we've done is enough, we don't want to look like stalkers do we?

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:08 am

robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

I think what we've done is enough, we don't want to look like stalkers do we?


ha ha ha hellllllll no!

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:54 pm

Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for ND Law students? I have been unable to find it if this page exists....

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:58 pm

I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

I think what we've done is enough, we don't want to look like stalkers do we?



you sent three more LORs?

User avatar
robin600
Posts: 1583
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby robin600 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

I think what we've done is enough, we don't want to look like stalkers do we?



you sent three more LORs?

I only sent in one extra, lfgsuperman sent 3.

brocklanders12
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby brocklanders12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:40 pm

Corinne wrote:
brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:Just as a point of interest, my decision came pretty late and my deposit deadline is May 3rd. Perhaps there are others in the same situation?


Yes, that's the case for me, too. Are you going to ND?


I'm really not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia and Fordham this week and then I'll have to evaluate from there. How about you?


Most likely. I was very torn and picked ND on Monday night and am letting it sink in and surprisingly not doubting myself.

brocklanders12
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby brocklanders12 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:42 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for ND Law students? I have been unable to find it if this page exists....


http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=188141147371

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

robin600 wrote:
Matteliszt wrote:
I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

I think what we've done is enough, we don't want to look like stalkers do we?



you sent three more LORs?

I only sent in one extra, lfgsuperman sent 3.


Yeah I sent in 3 more form people who had not written an LOR for me before. One from a 1L at ND I met during my visit (He voluntarily wanted to write one on my behalf), the other from my former Moot Court coach who is now a clerk for a Federal Judge in VA and the last from my Dean talking about my academic standing. Is that too much?

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:02 pm

I only sent in one extra, lfgsuperman sent 3.


I wasn't trying to call anyone out or anything, three LOR's just seemed a bit excessive to me.
I sent one LOCI, one new LOR, and my new grades as well as visiting the school.

In my opinion, new LOCI/new LOR/visit school is the most you should. Unless you have something really pressing for a 2nd LOR or LOCI.

There is a blog here that is worth reading on wait lists.
http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... alker.aspx

*edited for your response*
I don't think its too much...I wouldn't do anything else though :)

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:16 pm

Matteliszt wrote:
I only sent in one extra, lfgsuperman sent 3.


I wasn't trying to call anyone out or anything, three LOR's just seemed a bit excessive to me.
I sent one LOCI, one new LOR, and my new grades as well as visiting the school.

In my opinion, new LOCI/new LOR/visit school is the most you should. Unless you have something really pressing for a 2nd LOR or LOCI.

There is a blog here that is worth reading on wait lists.
http://blogs.law.yale.edu/blogs/admissi ... alker.aspx

*edited for your response*
I don't think its too much...I wouldn't do anything else though :)


I see your point. What do you think about retaking the LSAT? Or, do you think that I should just let the LOCI and LORs stand for themselves?

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:28 pm

If you think you can improve to a point that would impress them and you are willing to do it I would say do it. If you will do the same or worse than your current LSAT I wouldn't bother. If you got WL'ed chances are there is something they like about you/a reason they did it, so if you improve your LSAT obviously that is going to be good for you. The alternative of doing the same or better doesn't necessarily hurt you, but could be a big waste of your time. Be reasonable with yourself, can you really improve? By how much? You really need to enter a new ballpark LSAT to show some substantial improvement.
(161 to 163 is not going to be particularly impressive, nor would 165-166, but if you went 161-167 I think you would be money)

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm

Matteliszt wrote:If you think you can improve to a point that would impress them and you are willing to do it I would say do it. If you will do the same or worse than your current LSAT I wouldn't bother. If you got WL'ed chances are there is something they like about you/a reason they did it, so if you improve your LSAT obviously that is going to be good for you. The alternative of doing the same or better doesn't necessarily hurt you, but could be a big waste of your time. Be reasonable with yourself, can you really improve? By how much? You really need to enter a new ballpark LSAT to show some substantial improvement.
(161 to 163 is not going to be particularly impressive, nor would 165-166, but if you went 161-167 I think you would be money)


You're right. I just know that form talking with a professor there who was trying to put in a good word for my app, he said that my LSAT is the only thing they are "worried" about. That's why I thought I absolutely had to retake to get in. That being said, there is still a part of me that thinks they could simply accept me anyway just to fill URM seats. I have a deposit deadline for my safety coming but I already new that I would eat the deposit if I got in off the waitlist at ND. The Ideal situation would be for ND to accept me next week so I wouldnt have to pay to retake the LSAT nor put down a deposit at somewhere I don't want to go. Thoughts?

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:42 pm

The Ideal situation would be for ND to accept me next week so I wouldnt have to pay to retake the LSAT nor put down a deposit at somewhere I don't want to go. Thoughts?



I think there is no way this will happen. I know 4/20 was the deadline but I don't think they will
A) figure out how many seats they need to fill
B) re-review all applicants on the WL
C) send offers

all in one week

I think we would be lucky if we heard by May.

How big of an issue is the deposit + LSAT money for you? If it were me, I would go about thinking about it like this


Ask yourself two questions
1. Would you be happy at your safety?
If yes, put your deposit down and decide if you want to pursue a new LSAT or not.
If no, why would you put your deposit down? Just withdraw

2. Do I want to retake the LSAT?
If you withdraw from your safety I would 100% retake the LSAT since its essentially all or nothing. If not, I would think about how much it mattered to me personally, but that is purely a personal choice.

I hope I am helping.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:59 pm

How big of an issue is the deposit + LSAT money for you? If it were me, I would go about thinking about it like this


Ask yourself two questions
1. Would you be happy at your safety?
If yes, put your deposit down and decide if you want to pursue a new LSAT or not.
If no, why would you put your deposit down? Just withdraw

2. Do I want to retake the LSAT?
If you withdraw from your safety I would 100% retake the LSAT since its essentially all or nothing. If not, I would think about how much it mattered to me personally, but that is purely a personal choice.

I hope I am helping.[/quote]

You're helping a lot! I really do not want to go to my safety. I would rather put down the deposit and pay to retake the LSAT in the hopes that it helps me get in ND off the waitlist. I do not want to put myself in a position where I am not going to school at all next year because I can not financially afford that.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:55 pm

brocklanders12 wrote:
Lisa7n99 wrote:Does anyone know if there is a facebook group for ND Law students? I have been unable to find it if this page exists....


http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=188141147371



Thank you very much, I'm finally a member.

User avatar
vanstone22
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby vanstone22 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 pm

I'm confident that ND is the school for me, let's hope that I feel the same way coming out of 1L and into OCI....

User avatar
Matteliszt
Posts: 1301
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Matteliszt » Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:03 pm

I'm confident that ND is the school for me, let's hope that I feel the same way coming out of 1L and into OCI....




Honestly you can't go wrong with ND.

Corinne
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Corinne » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:47 pm

brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:
brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:Just as a point of interest, my decision came pretty late and my deposit deadline is May 3rd. Perhaps there are others in the same situation?


Yes, that's the case for me, too. Are you going to ND?


I'm really not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia and Fordham this week and then I'll have to evaluate from there. How about you?


Most likely. I was very torn and picked ND on Monday night and am letting it sink in and surprisingly not doubting myself.


I'm still really torn. Sunday I was sure about one school, then today I was pretty sure about another. I'm really glad I only have until next Friday to decide!

brocklanders12
Posts: 88
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby brocklanders12 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:26 am

Corinne wrote:
brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:I'm really not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia and Fordham this week and then I'll have to evaluate from there. How about you?


Most likely. I was very torn and picked ND on Monday night and am letting it sink in and surprisingly not doubting myself.


I'm still really torn. Sunday I was sure about one school, then today I was pretty sure about another. I'm really glad I only have until next Friday to decide!


Good luck. The more time that passes the better I feel about my decision. I guess that's a good sign.

Corinne
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Corinne » Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:33 am

brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:
brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:I'm really not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia and Fordham this week and then I'll have to evaluate from there. How about you?


Most likely. I was very torn and picked ND on Monday night and am letting it sink in and surprisingly not doubting myself.


I'm still really torn. Sunday I was sure about one school, then today I was pretty sure about another. I'm really glad I only have until next Friday to decide!


Good luck. The more time that passes the better I feel about my decision. I guess that's a good sign.


Thanks I just need to really sit down and make a decision I can stick to. I penciled that into my schedule for this weekend.

Doodsmack
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Doodsmack » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:19 am

Just got an email updating me on the waitlist and asking me to fill out a form indicating whether I want to stay on it, even though I previously told them I don't, which they acknowledged at the time.

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:29 am

I got that email too. It doesn't sound promising.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:36 pm

I got the e-mail as well. Hoping that they can extend me an offer.

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fenderjsm88 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Haha yeah I agree that the WL email this morning was a real buzz kill. Oh, well. It seems like Illinois plans on drawing generously from their waitlist, and I'm assuming there are a lot of us on the WL at ND are also riding it out at UIUC.

lfgsuperman
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:39 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby lfgsuperman » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:26 pm

How many people do you guys think will actually fill out the online form?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”