The Ideal situation would be for ND to accept me next week so I wouldnt have to pay to retake the LSAT nor put down a deposit at somewhere I don't want to go. Thoughts?
I think there is no way this will happen. I know 4/20 was the deadline but I don't think they will
A) figure out how many seats they need to fill
B) re-review all applicants on the WL
C) send offers
all in one week
I think we would be lucky if we heard by May.
How big of an issue is the deposit + LSAT money for you? If it were me, I would go about thinking about it like this
Ask yourself two questions
1. Would you be happy at your safety?
If yes, put your deposit down and decide if you want to pursue a new LSAT or not.
If no, why would you put your deposit down? Just withdraw
2. Do I want to retake the LSAT?
If you withdraw from your safety I would 100% retake the LSAT since its essentially all or nothing. If not, I would think about how much it mattered to me personally, but that is purely a personal choice.
I hope I am helping.