In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fcowrx » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:01 pm

colemf wrote:Yea np, sent 2/1, complete 2/10, 162/3.49/URM, in with about half scholarship, wrote a pretty good "Why Notre Dame Essay" along with a pretty decent PS, and good softs.


Congrats, that's a pretty solid scholarship. Mex/PR, NA or AA?

@ Bailarina08, thanks for the heads up. Good luck! Going to give them a call tomorrow since it was too late when I saw your post earlier.

becauseimaddicted
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby becauseimaddicted » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:53 pm

In today via email with a pretty sizable scholarship (about half tuition). Problem is, I've gotten better offers elsewhere but I would rather go to Notre Dame. Anyone had luck negotiating scholarships at all?

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badpixie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:03 am

becauseimaddicted wrote:In today via email with a pretty sizable scholarship (about half tuition). Problem is, I've gotten better offers elsewhere but I would rather go to Notre Dame. Anyone had luck negotiating scholarships at all?


Congrats! Can you share when you applied/went complete?

User avatar
TheCheerfulPessimist
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:20 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby TheCheerfulPessimist » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:21 am

NickM54 wrote:
TheCheerfulPessimist wrote:Question for those of you facing this same issue: Considering the location and the current economy, would it be too much to expect that my spouse can find work there? (City planning) If I get in, that would be my biggest concern.


I live in South Bend, and I would be pretty stunned if your spouse could find a government/city planning job. The governments of SB and Mishawaka are basically on a hiring freeze. Finding some kind of job would be highly likely though.


Thanks for your reply. :)

User avatar
MrSoOoFLy
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:36 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby MrSoOoFLy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 am

Applied 2/6 complete 2/15 still no decision.

becauseimaddicted
Posts: 80
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:11 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby becauseimaddicted » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:31 am

badpixie wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:In today via email with a pretty sizable scholarship (about half tuition). Problem is, I've gotten better offers elsewhere but I would rather go to Notre Dame. Anyone had luck negotiating scholarships at all?


Congrats! Can you share when you applied/went complete?


Applied 3/3 (got a fee waiver after the February LSAT) and went complete 3/12.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badpixie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:45 am

becauseimaddicted wrote:
badpixie wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:In today via email with a pretty sizable scholarship (about half tuition). Problem is, I've gotten better offers elsewhere but I would rather go to Notre Dame. Anyone had luck negotiating scholarships at all?


Congrats! Can you share when you applied/went complete?


Applied 3/3 (got a fee waiver after the February LSAT) and went complete 3/12.


I went complete on 3/12 as well, so hopefully there's some news coming my way soon!

colemf
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby colemf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:49 am

How long does it take to get the admission package from the time you recieve the admission email? I live in Texas so i suppose it will take longer for me.

User avatar
badpixie
Posts: 240
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby badpixie » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

Do all of the acceptances come by email?

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm

badpixie wrote:Do all of the acceptances come by email?


I hope not. Or at least not exclusively by email. They said they sent my decision USPS on the 1st, but at this point it should have gotten here. Do you think I can call and ask them to email it so I can know whether or not to deposit elsewhere?

fcowrx
Posts: 122
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:44 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby fcowrx » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:13 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:
badpixie wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:In today via email with a pretty sizable scholarship (about half tuition). Problem is, I've gotten better offers elsewhere but I would rather go to Notre Dame. Anyone had luck negotiating scholarships at all?


Congrats! Can you share when you applied/went complete?


Applied 3/3 (got a fee waiver after the February LSAT) and went complete 3/12.


Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what was your Feb score?

Called Admissions Office today, application is still under review. The wait is killing me...

theantiscalia
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby theantiscalia » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:20 pm

colemf wrote:How long does it take to get the admission package from the time you recieve the admission email? I live in Texas so i suppose it will take longer for me.


I got in on a Thursday and didn't get the packet until Monday. They did send it priority, though, so I think my timeline was abnormally long.

For those who recently got in, anybody heard anything on financial aid?

colemf
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby colemf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:09 pm

theantiscalia wrote:
colemf wrote:How long does it take to get the admission package from the time you recieve the admission email? I live in Texas so i suppose it will take longer for me.


I got in on a Thursday and didn't get the packet until Monday. They did send it priority, though, so I think my timeline was abnormally long.

For those who recently got in, anybody heard anything on financial aid?


Did it come with a window sticker?

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 pm

Has anyone who got in recently found out exclusively by snail mail? I'm worried that everyone seems to be getting emails and that probably means bad things for whatever they sent on the 1st.

User avatar
FunkyJD
Posts: 1039
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby FunkyJD » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:Has anyone who got in recently found out exclusively by snail mail? I'm worried that everyone seems to be getting emails and that probably means bad things for whatever they sent on the 1st.

I was notified by e-mail. Acceptance package followed about a week later via USPS.

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:11 pm

For some reason I was notified by mail, then an email came several (maybe 3) days later.

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:14 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:For some reason I was notified by mail, then an email came several (maybe 3) days later.


Was your letter dated the same day as the email? Or after?

User avatar
Lisa7n99
Posts: 78
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Lisa7n99 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm

My letter was dated 03/25, received 03/29, email received 03/31 (dated the same)

urban
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby urban » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:18 am

Anyone attending the ASD tomorrow?

theantiscalia
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby theantiscalia » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:29 am

colemf wrote:
theantiscalia wrote:
colemf wrote:How long does it take to get the admission package from the time you recieve the admission email? I live in Texas so i suppose it will take longer for me.


I got in on a Thursday and didn't get the packet until Monday. They did send it priority, though, so I think my timeline was abnormally long.

For those who recently got in, anybody heard anything on financial aid?


Did it come with a window sticker?


It did. I haven't put it up yet, but maybe I will after visiting this weekend (although I'm still bummed I won't be in for the ASW).

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Waitlisted. I finally called and asked if they could email my decision so I'd know where to deposit. Does anyone have info about the waitlist and how it works?

User avatar
raperez129
Posts: 265
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:23 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby raperez129 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:07 pm

I've been complete since 3/12. I want to call because it seems like they are giving some info to you all by phone, but I a scared to death.....maybe I should just let it ride a bit longer..... :?

User avatar
Gymnast0206
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:16 am

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Gymnast0206 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:10 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:Waitlisted. I finally called and asked if they could email my decision so I'd know where to deposit. Does anyone have info about the waitlist and how it works?



I got waitlisted today. According to the letter they sent 25-50 get off the waitlist every year...but not until the summer or end of spring.

Bailarina08
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby Bailarina08 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:02 pm

raperez129 wrote:I've been complete since 3/12. I want to call because it seems like they are giving some info to you all by phone, but I a scared to death.....maybe I should just let it ride a bit longer..... :?


They only gave me anything over the phone because I've been complete since 1/19 and was waiting to deposit elsewhere until I heard, and because my letter got lost in the mail. You haven't even been complete a month, so I don't think you should call yet.

colemf
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 pm

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby colemf » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:04 pm

How long after you get your accptance do you get fin. aid info.?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”