In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
danidancer

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:21 pm

UFMatt wrote:I just got a $2k/yr bump in my scholarship. FWIW I requested an increase about a month and a half ago and also had a lot of leverage in terms of very high offers from peer/slightly higher ranked schools.

+1

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm

danidancer wrote:
UFMatt wrote:I just got a $2k/yr bump in my scholarship. FWIW I requested an increase about a month and a half ago and also had a lot of leverage in terms of very high offers from peer/slightly higher ranked schools.

+1

enough to make a difference?

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Veritas wrote:
danidancer wrote:

+1

Not sure - I'm down to Fordham and ND, with similar packages (identical until this $2k bump). I need to visit both to get a feel for them and soul search about career goals. I'm also riding a shit ton of T14 WLs...

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Veritas wrote:
danidancer wrote:

+1

It's a nice bonus, but it doesn't make my choice any easier. Trying to decide between ND and Emory, each with distinct pros and cons. The upside is that I feel as though I can't go wrong with either school.

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:26 pm

nyyankees wrote:
havent been anywhere else on a law school visit, but to be honest, i did expect the student center during the NCAA game to be a bit more rowdy. I had been to campus before, so I was somewhat familiar with the aesthetic appeal. Overall, I thought it was a great place to be I think I could really succeed and enjoy myself there, but the door is open. I dont think im expecting rowdy out of this weekend, but we'll see how it goes

Was this a bar for the ND NCAA game?

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 am

vanstone22 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
havent been anywhere else on a law school visit, but to be honest, i did expect the student center during the NCAA game to be a bit more rowdy. I had been to campus before, so I was somewhat familiar with the aesthetic appeal. Overall, I thought it was a great place to be I think I could really succeed and enjoy myself there, but the door is open. I dont think im expecting rowdy out of this weekend, but we'll see how it goes

nah i guess they only have one bar on campus (Legends) and it seems to be a bar/grill by day and a bar/club by night and at 1230 in the afternoon i assumed it would be fairly empty. To be fair, the game was the early afternoon the day after st. pattys, so i should probably cut them some slack

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:54 pm

+1
Requested at about the same time you did (30K offer from Illinois, 15K from Fordham, 18K from Minnesota, and 34K from W&L) and they bumped me from 18K to 20K. Not a game changer, but it helps thats for sure.

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:46 pm

nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

nah i guess they only have one bar on campus (Legends) and it seems to be a bar/grill by day and a bar/club by night and at 1230 in the afternoon i assumed it would be fairly empty. To be fair, the game was the early afternoon the day after st. pattys, so i should probably cut them some slack

You had/have me worried...

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:53 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

i hear there are downtown outings organized en masse. I think the girl i talked to said everyone goes to some lounge/club ish place on thursdays called 'fever', and then on fridays they go to 'the linebacker' which is supposed to be filthy but a pretty decent time if you can get past it (i guess this is the standard college bar). im not sure how much the law school kids participate in this, but apparently a huge chunk of undergrads do.

also walking around on the quads on friday it seemed like a ton of people were out and about doing something or another

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:52 pm

nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

i hear there are downtown outings organized en masse. I think the girl i talked to said everyone goes to some lounge/club ish place on thursdays called 'fever', and then on fridays they go to 'the linebacker' which is supposed to be filthy but a pretty decent time if you can get past it (i guess this is the standard college bar). im not sure how much the law school kids participate in this, but apparently a huge chunk of undergrads do.

also walking around on the quads on friday it seemed like a ton of people were out and about doing something or another

just got dinged from u of m. It looks like notre dame is 80% in unless something big comes out of wustl this weekend. What are you feeling as your top 3?

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:06 pm

How long does it take to receive a decision from ND? I applied on 1/9 and have not heard a peep.

franklinlincoln

Postby franklinlincoln » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:07 pm

nyyankees wrote:i hear there are downtown outings organized en masse. I think the girl i talked to said everyone goes to some lounge/club ish place on thursdays called 'fever', and then on fridays they go to 'the linebacker' which is supposed to be filthy but a pretty decent time if you can get past it (i guess this is the standard college bar). im not sure how much the law school kids participate in this, but apparently a huge chunk of undergrads do.

There are definitely places to go out and party around town. Monday night used to be "23" -- which may have been sold since I was an undergrad in 2008. Tuesdays is typically Corby's (a reincarnation of the bar featured in "Rudy"). I forget about Wednesday. Club Fever is Thursday, and the weekend belongs to the 'Backer.

These aren't organized, but are the de facto night of each bar.

Legends is the only bar on campus, but there are Sports Bars and other establishments nearby -- Between the Buns, Main Street Grille, etc.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:16 pm

franklinlincoln wrote:
nyyankees wrote:i hear there are downtown outings organized en masse. I think the girl i talked to said everyone goes to some lounge/club ish place on thursdays called 'fever', and then on fridays they go to 'the linebacker' which is supposed to be filthy but a pretty decent time if you can get past it (i guess this is the standard college bar). im not sure how much the law school kids participate in this, but apparently a huge chunk of undergrads do.

There are definitely places to go out and party around town. Monday night used to be "23" -- which may have been sold since I was an undergrad in 2008. Tuesdays is typically Corby's (a reincarnation of the bar featured in "Rudy"). I forget about Wednesday. Club Fever is Thursday, and the weekend belongs to the 'Backer.

These aren't organized, but are the de facto night of each bar.

Legends is the only bar on campus, but there are Sports Bars and other establishments nearby -- Between the Buns, Main Street Grille, etc.

Don't forget Finny's on Fridays

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:51 pm

Anyone have any advice for places to stay?

mi-chan17

Postby mi-chan17 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:12 am

cheesus wrote:Do any of you have any experience with negotiating scholarships with ND?

I received nice scholarship packages from them and Illinois, but Illinios' is fairly larger and I would receive in-state tuition also. ITE everything seems to be coming down to money.

Any insight is appreciated.

I inquired about a scholarship increase and received a bump of a few thousand per year the next day. So not a huge increase or anything, but I wasn't completely shut out either.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:18 am

mi-chan17 wrote:
cheesus wrote:Do any of you have any experience with negotiating scholarships with ND?

I received nice scholarship packages from them and Illinois, but Illinios' is fairly larger and I would receive in-state tuition also. ITE everything seems to be coming down to money.

Any insight is appreciated.

I inquired about a scholarship increase and received a bump of a few thousand per year the next day. So not a huge increase or anything, but I wasn't completely shut out either.

Thanks. They turned me down last week on my request. Probably should have submitted it a lot earlier.

eberl032

Postby eberl032 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:41 pm

Does anyone know where I can find waitlist-->admitted patterns. Just want to see what numbers, ect.. are getting off the WL. Im a low 163/3.6 and want to wait it out, but have to move somewhere by the end of May.

Matteliszt

Postby Matteliszt » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:33 pm

I was trying to find the same info Eb. I found some threads if you want me to PM you, but nothing of any real substance.

savagecheater

Postby savagecheater » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:07 pm

Last edited by savagecheater on Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mickey Quicknumbers

Postby Mickey Quicknumbers » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:45 pm

Accepted just now! plus 20k a year. Not bad, but it's going to be difficult for me to view 20k at ND as better than 27k/yr at WUSTL

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:02 pm

Just got in as well. No money. I do like the box o' stuff they sent, though.

theantiscalia

Postby theantiscalia » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:05 pm

Did you all get your acceptance by email or via USPS?

I'm still waiting for a decision... applied early January. :|

philosoraptor

Postby philosoraptor » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:18 pm

theantiscalia wrote:Did you all get your acceptance by email or via USPS?

I'm still waiting for a decision... applied early January. :|
Both. Picked up the package first, and the e-mail came about an hour later.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:47 pm

Also in today via USPS package. waited 19 weeks for this decision. they threw in a 15,000 renewable scholarship to boot. yippe!!!

lfgsuperman

Postby lfgsuperman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Lisa7n99 wrote:Also in today via USPS package. waited 19 weeks for this decision. they threw in a 15,000 renewable scholarship to boot. yippe!!!

Is ND your top choice?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”