In at Notre Dame (2013)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
UFMatt

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Postby UFMatt » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:57 pm

cheesus wrote:Do any of you have any experience with negotiating scholarships with ND?

I received nice scholarship packages from them and Illinois, but Illinios' is fairly larger and I would receive in-state tuition also. ITE everything seems to be coming down to money.

Any insight is appreciated.

I inquired. Scholarships seem fairly rigid (their quasi-official policy), but I'm holding out hope.

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:15 pm

UFMatt wrote:
cheesus wrote:Do any of you have any experience with negotiating scholarships with ND?

I received nice scholarship packages from them and Illinois, but Illinios' is fairly larger and I would receive in-state tuition also. ITE everything seems to be coming down to money.

Any insight is appreciated.

I inquired. Scholarships seem fairly rigid (their quasi-official policy), but I'm holding out hope.

Thanks. I will probably be sending them an email later this weeking asking about it also.

akili

Postby akili » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:02 pm

I'm kind of scared to check my mail today. Would suck to get rejected on St. Patrick's Day!

lfgsuperman

Postby lfgsuperman » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:53 am

I'm on the WL and I went and visited last week as well as sent in an LOCI, Is there anything else I can do to help myself? I was thinking about calling some of the professors and some alumni in my area to gain support. Is that a bad idea?

jbrowning82

Postby jbrowning82 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:36 am

Sounds a little... Excessive.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:12 pm

I'm on campus now. Gonna watch first round game ND vs. Old Dominion @ LaFortune 12:30pm.

PM me if you are around and want to meet up/watch/get food/grab a drink.

crackberry

Postby crackberry » Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:56 pm

Was there ever any doubt? Harangody really sucks.

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:02 pm

nyyankees wrote:I'm on campus now. Gonna watch first round game ND vs. Old Dominion @ LaFortune 12:30pm.

good to meet you at the ASD. Final thoughts from you?

I'll sum it up, ND has really impressed me and its going to be tough for me to choose a different school.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:02 pm

Are acceptances by email or snail mail?

cheesus

Postby cheesus » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Snail Mail

franklinlincoln

Postby franklinlincoln » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:59 pm

I was admitted by snail mail today with a scholarship offer.

On a warm spring or fall day, it's the most beautiful place I've ever been.
Last edited by franklinlincoln on Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:03 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:I'm on campus now. Gonna watch first round game ND vs. Old Dominion @ LaFortune 12:30pm.

I'll sum it up, ND has really impressed me and its going to be tough for me to choose a different school.

i really enjoyed it, though i wouldnt say i walked away with as strong a conviction as you did. i could absolutely see myself there.

what did other people think of the asd?

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:44 am

I really enjoyed the asd and gave my deposit right after (after research done before the asd of course). I really enjoyed my time at the school, and although south bend is nt my ideal town/ city (no offense to anybody who is in love with it), I am growing to embrace the school itself as my own. The ppl were great, the incoming 1ls are down to earth and ppl I can see myself hanging out with and becoming friends with, and even the current students are cool ppl. A fellow 0L and I hung out w some 3Ls at a local hangout and they were very welcoming. Obviously, I am not basing my decision on the ppl alone, but it does make the total package that much better. I am personally very excited for the next 3 years and will Withdraw from about 8 schools come Monday. If you have any questions, please ask. Also, I am experiencing first hand all the rumors about the "rabid" alumni network, as I have two family members telling me they met nd alumni in the past week who now want to have lunch with me after learning I am attending nd law. Both encountered the alumni this week, but just thot I'd share to show there is some truth behind what is said about the nd loyalty. I typed this frm my iPhone, so sorry about any typos.

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:54 am

t_flores08 wrote:I really enjoyed the asd and gave my deposit right after (after research done before the asd of course). I really enjoyed my time at the school, and although south bend is nt my ideal town/ city (no offense to anybody who is in love with it), I am growing to embrace the school itself as my own. The ppl were great, the incoming 1ls are down to earth and ppl I can see myself hanging out with and becoming friends with, and even the current students are cool ppl. A fellow 0L and I hung out w some 3Ls at a local hangout and they were very welcoming. Obviously, I am not basing my decision on the ppl alone, but it does make the total package that much better. I am personally very excited for the next 3 years and will Withdraw from about 8 schools come Monday. If you have any questions, please ask. Also, I am experiencing first hand all the rumors about the "rabid" alumni network, as I have two family members telling me they met nd alumni in the past week who now want to have lunch with me after learning I am attending nd law. Both encountered the alumni this week, but just thot I'd share to show there is some truth behind what is said about the nd loyalty. I typed this frm my iPhone, so sorry about any typos.

I actually had a surprisingly good time in my time after the asd. I sort of expected the downtime outside of the events to be a major detractor from my overall experience, but I ended up doing some fun stuff. I went out to this place in mishawaka called granite city. It has its own microbrews that they were selling for $5/pitcher (no, thats not a typo). Seriously delicious to boot. Also they had these delicious flatbread pizzas for $5/ea. Cost of living there seems amazing!

t_flores08

Postby t_flores08 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:07 am

Housing is what is getting on my nerves. I can't find what I am looking for at a reasonable price. There are some not so great areas. Besides that, I am set and ready to go.

Yellowcard

Postby Yellowcard » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:28 pm

Anyone heard anything back from Notre Dame recently? Any admits, rejects, or WL? I'm just looking for some kind of sign of life that they haven't just thrown my application away.

Lisa7n99

Postby Lisa7n99 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

called yesterday...they sound overwhelmed. perhaps they are getting a feel for their overall pool (since the deadline has passed) and waiting to decide on some of us?

ndirish2010

Postby ndirish2010 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:57 pm

t_flores08 wrote:Housing is what is getting on my nerves. I can't find what I am looking for at a reasonable price. There are some not so great areas. Besides that, I am set and ready to go.

Clover Village. Safe area, walking distance to campus, reasonable rent (I'm currently paying $600 a month for a 400+ square foot studio)

vanstone22

Postby vanstone22 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:22 pm

nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

i really enjoyed it, though i wouldnt say i walked away with as strong a conviction as you did. i could absolutely see myself there.

Did you find that you enjoyed other campuses more?

nyyankees

Postby nyyankees » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm

vanstone22 wrote:
nyyankees wrote:
vanstone22 wrote:

Did you find that you enjoyed other campuses more?

havent been anywhere else on a law school visit, but to be honest, i did expect the student center during the NCAA game to be a bit more rowdy. I had been to campus before, so I was somewhat familiar with the aesthetic appeal. Overall, I thought it was a great place to be I think I could really succeed and enjoy myself there, but the door is open. I dont think im expecting rowdy out of this weekend, but we'll see how it goes

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:55 pm

received an email with a no go on scholarship negotiations. That means veri is a no go at ND.

UFMatt

Postby UFMatt » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I just got a $2k/yr bump in my scholarship. FWIW I requested an increase about a month and a half ago and also had a lot of leverage in terms of very high offers from peer/slightly higher ranked schools.

clint4law

Postby clint4law » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Veritas wrote:received an email with a no go on scholarship negotiations. That means veri is a no go at ND.

that sucks....did they offer you any $$$?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:19 pm

UFMatt wrote:I just got a $2k/yr bump in my scholarship. FWIW I requested an increase about a month and a half ago and also had a lot of leverage in terms of very high offers from peer/slightly higher ranked schools.

ya, I used 20k at a T20 and full ride at a "peer" school and something hefty from another T30.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:20 pm

clint4law wrote:
Veritas wrote:received an email with a no go on scholarship negotiations. That means veri is a no go at ND.

that sucks....did they offer you any $$$?

no, nothing. I think my LSAT is one point too low. Feels like a low blow. Oh well....

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”