In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fulkersonr1

Bronze

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by fulkersonr1 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:10 pm

Jamaica88 wrote:are people doing service projects during orientation or am I the only one considering it?

I posted a similar comment on the fb page. I am not sure I will do one but am def. considering it. I don't want to do any of those that involve much construction or painting but will prob do one of the others.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:13 pm

hey guys,

got a call from Melissa a couple days ago asking me to reconfirm my interest, saying the committee would be looking at my app in the next few days, possibly into orientation week. Just letting you know that there's hopefully still a little action on the waitlist front.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:35 pm

hey guys last update for me here,
got a call from Melissa today, accepted off the waitlist with no money. unfortunately i just can't go without a scholarship, especially seeing how everyone with my numbers that got in regular admission got 60k. It's a real shame, I love ND...but hey, hopefully that opens up a spot for one of you guys! I was given one day to decide so i'm assuming that probably means they'll take someone else off the waitlist when i decline. Best of luck!

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 am

fulkersonr1 wrote:
Big Tuna wrote:
Jamaica88 wrote:
ArtVandelay wrote:Can anyone tell me about Clover Village apartments? Is it worth giving up my place on-campus to live there?
Clover village is nice, they just did some renovations but I heard from a rising 2L that it is very much an undergrad scene and gets rowdy at the end of the school year/football games etc. I would suggest visiting if you can and get a feel for the place!
Clover village (formerly Turtle Creek) is definitely under-grad heavy so if having loud parties on Thursday-Saturday nights isn't your thing then look elsewhere. Clover ridge (under the same management) is just up the road closer to the Martin's plaza and is a lot quieter.

Actually forget my first comment, I think I was referring to Clover Ridge. I did not really like the place that used to be Turtle Creek.
Clover Ridge is far worse in terms of noise, and overpriced for all the problems it causes (terrible maintenance and management, poor quality, etc.). Avoid it like the plague.

Highly recommend the Pointe.

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:48 am

txhorn wrote:
pioneers2 wrote:Have to comment. First time poster. Have 2 children, a Vandy Law '08 grad and a rising 3L at Notre Dame. Both are Northwestern UG's. Notre Dame is not a sinking ship. It is doing no worse than other schools in this economy. My Vandy Law grad is at Kirkland in Chicago and SO is at Skadden in Chicago (also a Vandy grad). Their summer classes in '07 were around 85 or better. The summers this year are under 20! Kirkland and Skadden (Chicago) went to FIVE law schools each last fall. That's all. My rising 3L has a PILI position this summer and it is good, not biglaw, but a very good position and is making good contacts and a roommate is at Jones Day Chicago office. (This person is on Law Review, mine is on a secondary journal.) Notre Dame's alumi networking is outstanding. They take care of their people. Their facilities are amazing. There are no guarantees these days. Just saying.
What sort of opportunities do you know of that were thanks to the alumni network?
Rising 3L here. I have 3 different job offers all in the private sector and 2 of them 6 figures. Secondary markets I have ties to, which is what I was after. Everything came from networking and the alumni network in particular, and everything came during the last month. On same secondary journal as pioneers2's kid. It's bad out there, but not as gloom and doom as everyone makes it out to be.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:40 pm

Quick question: are any of you from texas, or do you know anyone at the law school from the Lone Star State?

fulkersonr1

Bronze

Post by fulkersonr1 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:35 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:Quick question: are any of you from texas, or do you know anyone at the law school from the Lone Star State?

Our class is full of Texans. California, Texas, Illinois and NY are the states that have the most students in this class.

longhornem

New

Post by longhornem » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:57 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:Quick question: are any of you from texas, or do you know anyone at the law school from the Lone Star State?
I'm from Texas, and know several people who are too. The 3L class has quite a few, either from the state or the university.

nyyankees

Bronze

Post by nyyankees » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:52 pm

GO IRISH, BEAT WOLVERINESSSSSS

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:34 am

DRob is a freak. Hes the fastest kid alive.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”