In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lateforthesky16

Bronze

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by lateforthesky16 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:32 pm

txhorn wrote:This is killing me. :( They must have called for interviews only those they're interested in still

don't lose total hope. the information email they sent does say that they might accept people without an interview.

"An interview means that your file is currently being reviewed. Not everyone contacted for a phone interview will be admitted. Some individuals may be offered admission without a phone interview"
:)

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:00 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:I just got a call from admissions. Sounds like they're starting to review people. Too bad I've been down with the plague and was asleep when they called. I probably said something stupid. Just fabulous.
What are your numbers?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 pm

For some reason I keep watching this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GE-i2NNtI

sixburgher

New

Post by sixburgher » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:05 pm

Chills. Good clip

colemf

Bronze

Post by colemf » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:15 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:For some reason I keep watching this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9GE-i2NNtI
Williams is going to the Supreme Court one of these days.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:43 pm

Doc Review like a Champion today!
Chase Ambulances like a Champion today!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:02 pm

Bailarina08 wrote:I just got a call from admissions. Sounds like they're starting to review people. Too bad I've been down with the plague and was asleep when they called. I probably said something stupid. Just fabulous.
Yeah I got the call from admissions too. They called right when I was on my way down to missouri, and I didn't hear the phone. Calling them back tomorrow at 9am, will let you all know what happens!

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:18 pm

robin600 wrote:Yeah I got the call from admissions too. They called right when I was on my way down to missouri, and I didn't hear the phone. Calling them back tomorrow at 9am, will let you all know what happens!
Would you take ND over WUSTL?

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:32 pm

kcg171 wrote:
robin600 wrote:Yeah I got the call from admissions too. They called right when I was on my way down to missouri, and I didn't hear the phone. Calling them back tomorrow at 9am, will let you all know what happens!
Who on earth would do such a thing? Stick with WUSTL :D

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:43 pm

kcg171 wrote:
IDK, maybe...I'm not even in yet lol

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:44 pm

txhorn wrote:
kcg171 wrote:
Who on earth would do such a thing? Stick with WUSTL :D
A Catholic lol, and I am one. I'm not going to lie, as dumb of a reason that may be it's a big one for me. But WUSTL's money is nice!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:52 am

txhorn, kcg171, colemf, sixburgher, etc......................WHERE THE HECK ARE OUR PHONE CALLS?!?!?!?!?!?

sixburgher

New

Post by sixburgher » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:57 am

Don't know man, but I just checked my phone in case. Still, nothing

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:57 am

lfgsuperman wrote:txhorn, kcg171, colemf, sixburgher, etc......................WHERE THE HECK ARE OUR PHONE CALLS?!?!?!?!?!?
SERIOUSLY!!!!!!?!?!?!

:cry:

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:00 am

lol anyone tempted to phone admissions and demand a phone interview?

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:12 pm

Anyone at the point of picking up the phone every minute and deliriously saying, "Hello? Hello?"

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:44 pm

So during the phone interview she told me she knows roughly about how many spots she has on the WL, and she wanted to call the people she's thinking would be the best to fill these spots when they become available to make sure they are still interested. She will know the exact number of seats available in a week or two and will call and email those who she'd like to fill them. The phone interview was very short and simple, a few why ND questions and she ended with what's your favorite movie. She also asked how long I was willing to stay on the WL and how soon I could make a decision if offered a spot. IDK what this means or anything, but I'm guessing a phone call is good? What do you all think?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:13 am

robin600 wrote:So during the phone interview she told me she knows roughly about how many spots she has on the WL, and she wanted to call the people she's thinking would be the best to fill these spots when they become available to make sure they are still interested. She will know the exact number of seats available in a week or two and will call and email those who she'd like to fill them. The phone interview was very short and simple, a few why ND questions and she ended with what's your favorite movie. She also asked how long I was willing to stay on the WL and how soon I could make a decision if offered a spot. IDK what this means or anything, but I'm guessing a phone call is good? What do you all think?
Sounds good for you. Seems like they are only interested in those that they interview based on this
Last edited by txhorn on Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:35 am

Did she give you the # of spots they're looking to fill? Doesn't sound good for those that didn't get called Wednesday unless they are making more calls next week.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:46 am

txhorn wrote:Did she give you the # of spots they're looking to fill? Doesn't sound good for those that didn't get called Wednesday unless they are making more calls next week.

I don't have it in front of me but didn't their email say something to the effect of 'even if you don't receive a phone call you could be offered admission, phone calls are just to clarify info if you're under review' If what she said in this phone call is true then why even bother adding that line to the email that got sent out? :?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:44 am

primusux wrote:
txhorn wrote:Did she give you the # of spots they're looking to fill? Doesn't sound good for those that didn't get called Wednesday unless they are making more calls next week.

I don't have it in front of me but didn't their email say something to the effect of 'even if you don't receive a phone call you could be offered admission, phone calls are just to clarify info if you're under review' If what she said in this phone call is true then why even bother adding that line to the email that got sent out? :?
Even for the WL? I'm sure they have some people they want to fill spots who they didn't call, she didn't say anything about that. No she didn't give me a number.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:29 am

robin600 wrote:So during the phone interview she told me she knows roughly about how many spots she has on the WL, and she wanted to call the people she's thinking would be the best to fill these spots when they become available to make sure they are still interested. She will know the exact number of seats available in a week or two and will call and email those who she'd like to fill them. The phone interview was very short and simple, a few why ND questions and she ended with what's your favorite movie. She also asked how long I was willing to stay on the WL and how soon I could make a decision if offered a spot. IDK what this means or anything, but I'm guessing a phone call is good? What do you all think?
Who exactly did you speak with? Was it Melissa or Heather?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
Heather. Got a call today, accepted with no money and I turned it down because they only gave me till Monday to decide. Hope it goes to one of you all! Tried to negotiate some money but no luck! Couldn't turn down 60k at WUSTL. GL everyone!!!!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
Heather. Got a call today, accepted with no money and I turned it down because they only gave me till Monday to decide. Hope it goes to one of you all! Tried to negotiate some money but no luck! Couldn't turn down 60k at WUSTL. GL everyone!!!!
Thank you for turning it down! Good luck at WUSTL. I think I'd be a good 3.7 candidate to replace your spot ;) (for ND Admissions if they are reading this)

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:48 pm

robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
Thanks and good luck too. Did you send them any LOCIs, extra LORs, etc. during your WL process?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”