In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2013ek

New

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by 2013ek » Mon May 24, 2010 9:48 pm

txhorn wrote:
2013ek wrote:
kcg171 wrote:
Litigious wrote:A reliable source in ND admissions has passed on the following two pieces of information:

1. The next seat deposit date is June 10th (look for waitlist movement after then)

2. All offers have been extended and as of 5/12 they have a full class. Of course that status could change at any time but nonetheless, it is where they are at currently.

has anyone else heard this?
Confirmed this with admissions. They will be sending a WL update email in the next week or so, before the 2nd deposit date. WL is currently "300-500 people". :cry: Either way, expect movement after June 10th.
wow that's not even including people who've withdrawn from the WL?
I asked that -- that's why they gave the range. They said the picture will be clearer after June 10th. Unfortunately, with a full class already and not many admits deposited elsewhere, the estimate of 25-50 WL spots looks high. Sorry to bear bad news. I'm staying on, but not hopeful.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue May 25, 2010 9:58 am

pamplemousse wrote:
2013ek wrote:
kcg171 wrote:
Litigious wrote:A reliable source in ND admissions has passed on the following two pieces of information:

1. The next seat deposit date is June 10th (look for waitlist movement after then)

2. All offers have been extended and as of 5/12 they have a full class. Of course that status could change at any time but nonetheless, it is where they are at currently.

has anyone else heard this?
Confirmed this with admissions. They will be sending a WL update email in the next week or so, before the 2nd deposit date. WL is currently "300-500 people". :cry: Either way, expect movement after June 10th.

you.have.got.to.be.kidding. i feel like vomming
Great...just F'n great..! I still think, however, that people will drop around the June 10th cutoff off thus reducing the WL. At least I'm hoping for that, dear God I'm hoping...

colemf

Bronze

Post by colemf » Tue May 25, 2010 3:36 pm

While i'm fully commited to Notre Dame, I know there are a quite a few people on the facebook group are are not 100% set on ND but have paid the first deposit, so not to get all of your hopes up but keep hope alive.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue May 25, 2010 5:01 pm

colemf wrote:While i'm fully commited to Notre Dame, I know there are a quite a few people on the facebook group are are not 100% set on ND but have paid the first deposit, so not to get all of your hopes up but keep hope alive.
What are they saying?

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue May 25, 2010 5:34 pm

colemf wrote:While i'm fully commited to Notre Dame, I know there are a quite a few people on the facebook group are are not 100% set on ND but have paid the first deposit, so not to get all of your hopes up but keep hope alive.
Good to hear, please persuade them to withdraw as their peer :twisted:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

2013ek

New

Post by 2013ek » Tue May 25, 2010 5:52 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
What are they saying?
Yeah, I'd like to know too, because from my understanding there aren't many current admits with multiple seat deposits...

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue May 25, 2010 5:54 pm

2013ek wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
What are they saying?
Yeah, I'd like to know too, because from my understanding there aren't many current admits with multiple seat deposits...
How could you know that?

cheesus

New

Post by cheesus » Tue May 25, 2010 5:58 pm

txhorn wrote:
2013ek wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
What are they saying?
How could you know that?
Adcom might have told him...

From LSAC website
Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.

pamplemousse

New

Post by pamplemousse » Tue May 25, 2010 6:56 pm

[/quote]

Adcom might have told him...

From LSAC website
Multiple Deposit Notification

Each year, law schools that participate in LSAC's commitment overlap reporting service provide LSAC with information about applicants who have been accepted and have paid a deposit or provided a verbal or written agreement to attend their schools. Each spring, participating law schools receive periodic reports detailing the number of their committed applicants who have submitted seat deposits or commitments at other participating schools, as well as the identification of those other schools. Starting on June 15, 2008, those reports will also include the names and LSAC account numbers for all candidates who have deposits/commitments at multiple participating schools.[/quote]

very good info. thanks much.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Wed May 26, 2010 2:53 am

Every one concerned about the amount of people on the WL should maybe read this page from last years WL thread. It has a hypothesis from someone on why the WL is so long. Also, its interesting to see how things played out for some of the people on there.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=175

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Mon May 31, 2010 10:55 pm

I paid the first seat deposit (well, my parents paid it because they are Good!Catholics! and really want me to go there) but I've accepted another offer and will not be attending. I'm emailing them tomorrow. So there's one seat. Good luck guys!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Mon May 31, 2010 11:15 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I paid the first seat deposit (well, my parents paid it because they are Good!Catholics! and really want me to go there) but I've accepted another offer and will not be attending. I'm emailing them tomorrow. So there's one seat. Good luck guys!

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:16 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I paid the first seat deposit (well, my parents paid it because they are Good!Catholics! and really want me to go there) but I've accepted another offer and will not be attending. I'm emailing them tomorrow. So there's one seat. Good luck guys!

thanks for doing that and best of luck to you!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:03 am

late,
where are you going to go if notre dame doesn't work out?
(fwiw, i think they'll let you in)

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:13 am

kcg171 wrote:late,

If Notre Dame doesn't work out I'll be headed to UC Davis, which is the only school I deposited at (withdrew from everywhere else besides my waitlists). It was tough passing on the other schools, especially Boston College which was one of my "dream schools," but I want to work in California and I think Davis is my best bet, even though I didn't get much money (only a small grant). I visited and Davis is a very pleasant town, I went to a UC for undergrad so I'm pretty familiar with Davis and everything. How bout you? Which schools are you looking at? Hopefully we'll both get into ND and I'll just see you there! :D

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:48 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:

If Notre Dame doesn't work out I'll be headed to UC Davis, which is the only school I deposited at (withdrew from everywhere else besides my waitlists). It was tough passing on the other schools, especially Boston College which was one of my "dream schools," but I want to work in California and I think Davis is my best bet, even though I didn't get much money (only a small grant). I visited and Davis is a very pleasant town, I went to a UC for undergrad so I'm pretty familiar with Davis and everything. How bout you? Which schools are you looking at? Hopefully we'll both get into ND and I'll just see you there! :D
ND > Davis for California?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:48 am

txhorn wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

ND > Davis for California?
I was thinking the same thing.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

steubenville

New

Post by steubenville » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

At Admitted Students Day, the class of 2009 data the NDLS admissions crew showed us revealed that California was the state in which most graduating 3Ls found employment. Not surprisingly, Illinois (Chicago) was second.

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:43 pm

steubenville wrote:At Admitted Students Day, the class of 2009 data the NDLS admissions crew showed us revealed that California was the state in which most graduating 3Ls found employment. Not surprisingly, Illinois (Chicago) was second.
Do you have any resource about which LA firms attend OCI?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:50 pm

txhorn wrote:
steubenville wrote:At Admitted Students Day, the class of 2009 data the NDLS admissions crew showed us revealed that California was the state in which most graduating 3Ls found employment. Not surprisingly, Illinois (Chicago) was second.
Do you have any resource about which LA firms attend OCI?
with the recent recession, i heard this has changed a lot even if you can find previous years. the same firms may not show up.

ENGINEERD

Bronze

Post by ENGINEERD » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:03 pm

About to place the second deposit and commit to ND!!! Is there a class of 2013 thread? Also is there a facebook group?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:25 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:About to place the second deposit and commit to ND!!! Is there a class of 2013 thread? Also is there a facebook group?
This is the ND class of 2013 thread (i.e. it's the title of this thread) and here is the link to the 2013 facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/llahsram.eniotn ... 371&ref=ts

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:55 pm

Sounds and looks like the school's full

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:16 am

txhorn wrote:Sounds and looks like the school's full
Are you basing this on the facebook group?

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:52 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
txhorn wrote:Sounds and looks like the school's full
Are you basing this on the facebook group?
Yes. Facebook = official

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”