In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
SportsFanatic

Bronze

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by SportsFanatic » Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:29 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist today. Good luck everyone.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:51 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:How many people do you guys think will actually fill out the online form?

i have no idea. hopefully not many! :D

Gymnast0206

Bronze

Post by Gymnast0206 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

I filled it out yesterday . . . it's not looking too promising, though. :?

Fergie

New

Post by Fergie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 pm

could someone post the letter the waitlisters got?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:33 pm

so what are all of your thoughts on the email sent to waitlisters this morning? Think they'll send any offers out in the next couple weeks? I agree with an earlier poster that it didn't sound too promising...but I wouldn't be surprised if they send out a small round of offers sometime soon. Thoughts?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:37 pm

What was said in the email?

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 pm

txhorn wrote:What was said in the email?

here you go!

"During this admissions cycle, you were offered further consideration for the Notre Dame Law School's fall entering class through the waitlist. As you may know, our first deposit deadline was earlier this week. Based on the number of deposits received, we do not anticipate making a significant number of offers from the waitlist at this time. We do anticipate making a limited number of offers over the next several months as individuals cancel their confirmation.

It is still early in the process and based on previous years we know the class could change at any time. Please click on the link below to complete a form indicating whether you want to remain on the waitlist and updating your contact information.

If/when we are about to make offers from the waitlist, we will assess the class size and composition and identify individuals who will best complement the class. If, and only if, in the re-review process the Admissions Committee has additional questions, we will contact you for a brief phone interview. The interview is designed to help the Committee answer their questions and make a decision regarding your file.

We appreciate your patience through the process. We will notify you immediately if your status on the waitlist changes. We will also send periodic updates regarding the waitlist as we pass other confirmation deadlines in our process. Other than completing the form at the link below there is nothing else you need to do at this time."

pamplemousse

New

Post by pamplemousse » Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:03 pm

waitlisted. there is STILL HOPE!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:53 pm

I have a feeling a lot of people with withdraw from the wait list and their offers once they actually get their shit together. Happens every year.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

frecklesmclean0002

New

Post by frecklesmclean0002 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:36 pm

Don't want to be a further buzz kill but I just got this email in response to my LOCI
Thank you for writing to indicate that you are still very interested in Notre Dame,****. This is our most competitive year ever, and these decisions are very hard to make. At this point we are not sure whether we will be able to go to the wait list, given how many deposits we have received. I wish you every good fortune at Notre Dame or wherever you decide to go to Law School.

Sincerely,

Nell
Nell Jessup Newton
Joseph A. Matson Dean & Professor of Law
:(

Ryou

New

Post by Ryou » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:42 pm

did you email your LOCI or mail it?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:05 pm

Ryou wrote:did you email your LOCI or mail it?
+1 want to know. Also every year is their most competitive year...

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:12 pm

Are there a lot of people who applied with above-median numbers before the EA deadline who were wait listed and are still waiting?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

frecklesmclean0002

New

Post by frecklesmclean0002 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:36 pm

I email it in

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:18 pm

pamplemousse wrote:waitlisted. there is STILL HOPE!
If you don't mind, what are your numbers?

sparky13

New

Post by sparky13 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:33 pm

I'm one of those people who did submit a seat deposit but may be declining the offer of admission later in the summer. I know there are more than a few of us in the entering class who are on waitlists at other schools, so don't lose hope. You may get my spot and a $20,000/year scholarship.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:45 pm

sparky13 wrote:I'm one of those people who did submit a seat deposit but may be declining the offer of admission later in the summer. I know there are more than a few of us in the entering class who are on waitlists at other schools, so don't lose hope. You may get my spot and a $20,000/year scholarship.
Where are you WL at?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:51 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:

here you go!

"During this admissions cycle, you were offered further consideration for the Notre Dame Law School's fall entering class through the waitlist. As you may know, our first deposit deadline was earlier this week. Based on the number of deposits received, we do not anticipate making a significant number of offers from the waitlist at this time. We do anticipate making a limited number of offers over the next several months as individuals cancel their confirmation.

It is still early in the process and based on previous years we know the class could change at any time. Please click on the link below to complete a form indicating whether you want to remain on the waitlist and updating your contact information.

If/when we are about to make offers from the waitlist, we will assess the class size and composition and identify individuals who will best complement the class. If, and only if, in the re-review process the Admissions Committee has additional questions, we will contact you for a brief phone interview. The interview is designed to help the Committee answer their questions and make a decision regarding your file.

We appreciate your patience through the process. We will notify you immediately if your status on the waitlist changes. We will also send periodic updates regarding the waitlist as we pass other confirmation deadlines in our process. Other than completing the form at the link below there is nothing else you need to do at this time."
Do people think this means there will be some movement soon, just not a significant number?

sparky13

New

Post by sparky13 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:15 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
sparky13 wrote:I'm one of those people who did submit a seat deposit but may be declining the offer of admission later in the summer. I know there are more than a few of us in the entering class who are on waitlists at other schools, so don't lose hope. You may get my spot and a $20,000/year scholarship.
Where are you WL at?
Cornell. Or, more accurately, I'm on a reserve list. I also just recently turned down offers from Duke and UVA so I am (slightly) optimistic about my reserve list chances. Or as optimistic as anyone can be in purgatory, I suppose.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:55 pm

kcg171 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

here you go!

Do people think this means there will be some movement soon, just not a significant number?

It's tough to say. What do you think?

Fergie

New

Post by Fergie » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:20 am

Post seat deposit:

Has anyone been denied/accepted/wl in the last week? Just curious if there's been any movement for those of us still waiting

wondering if they will go to us still waiting or the WL first

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:22 am

lateforthesky16 wrote:
kcg171 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

here you go!

I don't know! I want to ask, but I'm afraid :oops:

txhorn

Bronze

Post by txhorn » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 am

kcg171 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:
kcg171 wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:
here you go!

I don't know! I want to ask, but I'm afraid :oops:
It means: At this time, based on the number of deposits received, they do not anticipate making a significant number of offers from the waitlist.

kcg171

New

Post by kcg171 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 am

I think the placement of "at this time" is confusing.

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:49 am

sparky13 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
Where are you WL at?
Cornell. Or, more accurately, I'm on a reserve list. I also just recently turned down offers from Duke and UVA so I am (slightly) optimistic about my reserve list chances. Or as optimistic as anyone can be in purgatory, I suppose.
Wait.....you got accepted at UVA and Duke and turned it down?!?!?!? is Cornell or ND your first choice?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”