In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cheesus

New

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by cheesus » Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:13 pm

FunkyJD wrote:Curious, anyone know how much a student parking pass goes for at ND? What's the parking situation like there?
$100/year. There is a student lot relatively close to the law school.

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:52 pm

Got the WL letter today. Anyone know the chances of being admitted off the waitlist?

mi-chan17

Bronze

Post by mi-chan17 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Withdrew today with a pretty good scholarship. Here's hoping that the seat and/or money goes to you guys!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:18 pm

Anybody on the WL anxiously waiting to hear back from ND after today's deposit deadline?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:20 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:Anybody on the WL anxiously waiting to hear back from ND after today's deposit deadline?
Me! It probably will be next week till we hear anything though

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:40 pm

robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:Anybody on the WL anxiously waiting to hear back from ND after today's deposit deadline?
Next week needs to hurry up and come. What have you done so far to try and get off the WL?

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:42 pm

robin600 wrote:
Just filled out the waitlist form. When should we start sending LOCIs?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:50 pm

fcowrx wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Just filled out the waitlist form. When should we start sending LOCIs?
ASAP! They will start looking at the WL beginning tomorrow or at the end of the week probably. So, it would be to your benefit to have a fresh letter in your file letting them know of your continued interest.

hoyasaxon

New

Post by hoyasaxon » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:52 pm

wow; i just want my decision already!!

good luck to those on the wl......

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:05 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:ASAP! They will start looking at the WL beginning tomorrow or at the end of the week probably. So, it would be to your benefit to have a fresh letter in your file letting them know of your continued interest.
My Spring grades get posted on 4/29, would you send one now and another when grades are posted or just wait until grades are posted? I want to be able to tell them I'll be graduating with Honors and maybe the slight bump in my GPA helps.

Also, email or snail mail?

Corinne

New

Post by Corinne » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:09 pm

Just as a point of interest, my decision came pretty late and my deposit deadline is May 3rd. Perhaps there are others in the same situation?

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:13 pm

fcowrx wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:ASAP! They will start looking at the WL beginning tomorrow or at the end of the week probably. So, it would be to your benefit to have a fresh letter in your file letting them know of your continued interest.
I finish classes Thursday and Spring grades should be posted shortly thereafter, would you send one now and another when grades are posted or just wait until grades are posted? I want to be able to tell them I'll be graduating with Honors and maybe the slight bump in my GPA helps.

Also, email or snail mail?
I would say go ahead and send in an LOCI now explaining your new grades and just update your transcripts they have on file via your LSAC account when your grades are released. Or, you could just send your transcripts directly to them when they are released. In any case, I think it would be best if you went ahead and sent in your LOCI ASAP.

You should probably send in a hard copy of your LOCI via snail mail to them. I personally think it comes across better as compared to e-mailing it.

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:23 pm

I certainly am!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:43 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:

I certainly am!
From your profile it seems like to have some great scholly offers at good schools. Why would to turn those offers down? What will you be doing to get off the WL?

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:52 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Next week needs to hurry up and come. What have you done so far to try and get off the WL?
Visited and interviewed with the Dean of Admissions (or w.e. the title is), LOCIs, updated resume, new LOR. You?

I'm now thinking it will be may. I'm guessing May 7th, when I graduate, that'd be an awesome day!

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:54 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

I certainly am!
From your profile it seems like to have some great scholly offers at good schools. Why would to turn those offers down? What will you be doing to get off the WL?
You're crazy not to take some of the offers you have! UIUC and run!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:56 pm

robin600 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
robin600 wrote:
Visited and interviewed with the Dean of Admissions (or w.e. the title is), LOCIs, updated resume, new LOR. You?

I'm now thinking it will be may. I'm guessing May 7th, when I graduate, that'd be an awesome day!
I did the same stuff (i.e. visited, met with Heather, strong LOCI, 3 more LORs). I kinda feel like I should be doing more, or do you think what we've done already is enough?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

lateforthesky16

Bronze

Post by lateforthesky16 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:58 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

I certainly am!

thanks! I did have some nice offers from other schools, but ND has been my top choice from the beginning. I was really disappointed to be waitlisted (I wrote a Why ND essay and everything), but I still would like to attend. Yeah, maybe it would be stupid to give up something like the big scholarship to Illinois to attend ND for full price, but to me it would be worth it.

Honestly, I'm not too sure how many people get off the waitlist usually, what their numbers are, etc, so I didn't really know how to approach the process. I sent in another LOCI a couple weeks ago, but I don't have any new grades or anything to contribute since I'm out of college. It seems like there must have been something ND didn't like with my application initially, but I've had a great cycle otherwise (great as in about what I expected), so I don't know what the problem is. I guess all I can do is show my interest and hope for the best! Best of luck to you! Here's hoping we both get accepted!

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:16 pm

lateforthesky16 wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
lateforthesky16 wrote:

I certainly am!

thanks! I did have some nice offers from other schools, but ND has been my top choice from the beginning. I was really disappointed to be waitlisted (I wrote a Why ND essay and everything), but I still would like to attend. Yeah, maybe it would be stupid to give up something like the big scholarship to Illinois to attend ND for full price, but to me it would be worth it.

Honestly, I'm not too sure how many people get off the waitlist usually, what their numbers are, etc, so I didn't really know how to approach the process. I sent in another LOCI a couple weeks ago, but I don't have any new grades or anything to contribute since I'm out of college. It seems like there must have been something ND didn't like with my application initially, but I've had a great cycle otherwise (great as in about what I expected), so I don't know what the problem is. I guess all I can do is show my interest and hope for the best! Best of luck to you! Here's hoping we both get accepted!
Same to you. Good luck!

ENGINEERD

Bronze

Post by ENGINEERD » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:03 pm

This is a dumb post but how the hell do you send in the seat deposit. I cannot find any instructions besides the conformation form on the admitted student site...

Do you have to send it snail mail???

UrbanAchievers

Bronze

Post by UrbanAchievers » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:05 pm

ENGINEERD wrote:This is a dumb post but how the hell do you send in the seat deposit. I cannot find any instructions besides the conformation form on the admitted student site...

They sent you a form with the acceptance letter. You check yes, sign it, and send it in with a check. Snail Mail.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ENGINEERD

Bronze

Post by ENGINEERD » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:08 pm

UrbanAchievers wrote:
ENGINEERD wrote:This is a dumb post but how the hell do you send in the seat deposit. I cannot find any instructions besides the conformation form on the admitted student site...

They sent you a form with the acceptance letter. You check yes, sign it, and send it in with a check. Snail Mail.
Gotcha thanks!

fcowrx

Bronze

Post by fcowrx » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:51 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:I would say go ahead and send in an LOCI now explaining your new grades and just update your transcripts they have on file via your LSAC account when your grades are released. Or, you could just send your transcripts directly to them when they are released. In any case, I think it would be best if you went ahead and sent in your LOCI ASAP.

You should probably send in a hard copy of your LOCI via snail mail to them. I personally think it comes across better as compared to e-mailing it.
Thanks for the input. Greatly appreciated!

brocklanders12

New

Post by brocklanders12 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:14 pm

Corinne wrote:Just as a point of interest, my decision came pretty late and my deposit deadline is May 3rd. Perhaps there are others in the same situation?
Yes, that's the case for me, too. Are you going to ND?

Corinne

New

Post by Corinne » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:05 pm

brocklanders12 wrote:
Corinne wrote:Just as a point of interest, my decision came pretty late and my deposit deadline is May 3rd. Perhaps there are others in the same situation?
Yes, that's the case for me, too. Are you going to ND?
I'm really not sure yet. I'm hoping to hear from Columbia and Fordham this week and then I'll have to evaluate from there. How about you?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”