In at Notre Dame (2013) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
fulkersonr1

Bronze

Re: In at Notre Dame (2013)

Post by fulkersonr1 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 pm

I would give it a little more time. See if you hear anything around the New Year. If not I dont think a call would hurt. The admissions office people seem pretty helpful and friendly.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:30 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:I would give it a little more time. See if you hear anything around the New Year. If not I dont think a call would hurt. The admissions office people seem pretty helpful and friendly.
They do, I was thinking of even waiting through Jan.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:32 pm

Veritas wrote:I'm wondering if I should call, just to check on my status. I've been complete since 10/29 with no word. I know it's not been THAT long, but lots of people have received decisions who went complete with me and after me. Any thoughts?
I say give it until about the end of the 2nd week of January. I was complete about a week and a half before you or so.

Plus giving them a call does not hurt at all, but with the holidays and all the end of the 2nd week should be enough time.

Good luck btw!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:32 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:Does anyone know the chances of getting in off of WL or is it a toss up?
they accept only about 25-50 people from the waitlist. not sure how long the waitlist is though...

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:26 pm

Anybody who was WL, did you get two sheets of paper in a small envelope in the mail? Also, anybody who was rejected did you receive a two page rejection or a one page rejection?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:29 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:Anybody who was WL, did you get two sheets of paper in a small envelope in the mail? Also, anybody who was rejected did you receive a two page rejection or a one page rejection?
question: why does it matter?

if you open the envelope you'll know right away of the decision. i understand the difference between a large envelope since you can tell before you open it...

everyone: don't answer this question until he tells us why it matters. :D

lfgsuperman

Bronze

Post by lfgsuperman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:15 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:Anybody who was WL, did you get two sheets of paper in a small envelope in the mail? Also, anybody who was rejected did you receive a two page rejection or a one page rejection?

if you open the envelope you'll know right away of the decision. i understand the difference between a large envelope since you can tell before you open it...

It matters because I am out of the country at the moment thus making it impossible for me to open the letter myself. Therefore, the only thing that I know at the moment (courtesy of my school's mail center) is that I received a small envelope from Notre Dame with about two pages in it. It was mentioned to me earlier that WL come in the form a two page letter and I would like to know from someone who was actually WL whether that is true or not. If that person is you then answer it, if not then shut up and let somebody else answer it.

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:25 pm

lfgsuperman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

It matters because I am out of the country at the moment thus making it impossible for me to open the letter myself. Therefore, the only thing that I know at the moment (courtesy of my school's mail center) is that I received a small envelope from Notre Dame with about two pages in it. It was mentioned to me earlier that WL come in the form a two page letter and I would like to know from someone who was actually WL whether that is true or not. If that person is you then answer it, if not then shut up and let somebody else answer it.
damn, im the person who told you that the waitlist even came in 2 sheets in a small envelope. how about being thankful jackass. and if someone opened it for you, how about getting someone to just read the letter. or are you too much of an imbecile to have thought of that?

edit: my bad. i was calling you an imbecile thinking you weren't actually one. but a 137 cold diagnostic... i apologize.

LawToMe

New

Post by LawToMe » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:56 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

damn, im the person who told you that the waitlist even came in 2 sheets in a small envelope. how about being thankful jackass. and if someone opened it for you, how about getting someone to just read the letter. or are you too much of an imbecile to have thought of that?

edit: my bad. i was calling you an imbecile thinking you weren't actually one. but a 137 cold diagnostic... i apologize.
Brutal. Don't degrade the thread by waxing omniscient. You want OP to thank you bc you disclosed the hidden secret of WL pages in an envelope?! nice.

BTW, staff @ the school mail center lose their jobs for letting anyone other than the student take mail out of a box. I worked my undergrad's mail center and watched it happen to 2 employees.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

finalaspects

Gold

Post by finalaspects » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:04 pm

LawToMe wrote:Brutal. Don't degrade the thread by waxing omniscient. You want OP to thank you bc you disclosed the hidden secret of WL pages in an envelope?! nice.

BTW, staff @ the school mail center lose their jobs for letting anyone other than the student take mail out of a box. I worked my undergrad's mail center and watched it happen to 2 employees.
I didn't state that he should thank me, but to be thankful for anyone to answer questions. Never stated that it was a hidden secret either. read more carefully. guess you like making stuff up to prove your point though. nice

I understand about the mail center, but when i knew i was expecting an important mail, and was going out of town, i would give my mail key to a friend to check for me, hell i even wrote up an authorization letter to give to the mail center before i left town so that my friend was authorized to pick up my mail.

robin600

Gold

Post by robin600 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm

finalaspects wrote:
lfgsuperman wrote:
finalaspects wrote:

Someone took something the wrong way, deep breath man deep breath.
lfgsuperman wrote:Does anyone know the chances of getting in off of WL or is it a toss up?
Yeah like someone said it's like 25-50 off WL, but I hear that a lot of people get in off the WL if you show them love. I'm retaking in Feb. in hopes of increasing LSAT score enough to get off.

ughOSU

Bronze

Post by ughOSU » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:25 pm

ughOSU wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
ughOSU wrote:God damn it... if I actually wanted to go there it would be much easier to write one...
That's... kind of the point. :lol:

EDIT: Actually, I think it was a combination of no "Why ND" essay and the high LSAT. They're not new at this game.
Touche. I'll spend today convincing myself that I really want to spend three years in Indiana....
Couldn't do it. Ended up withdrawing. Good luck to everyone!

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:22 am

Applied yesterday. Tagging this thread...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:55 pm

utcris410 wrote:Applied yesterday. Tagging this thread...
Can't remember which thread, but you were debating something with someone, and I remember liking what you were saying. (Side note: My photographic memory is obviously going to carry me through law school. :roll: ) Anyway, my point being, good luck to you.

utcris410

Bronze

Post by utcris410 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
utcris410 wrote:Applied yesterday. Tagging this thread...
Can't remember which thread, but you were debating something with someone, and I remember liking what you were saying. (Side note: My photographic memory is obviously going to carry me through law school. :roll: ) Anyway, my point being, good luck to you.
maybe something about the longhorns? haha...thanks!! all well wishes are much appreciated! good luck to you as well! :D

BuffaloSabres137

New

Post by BuffaloSabres137 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Any other admitted early decision applicants getting ready to notify NDLS of their decisions by the end of this month?

Considering that I live less than 100 yards from the admissions office I might just hand in my seat deposit in person.

Here is a link to the facebook group for all of you who have decided to join the NDLS Class of 2013:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=188141147371

GO IRISH!

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:31 pm

BuffaloSabres137 wrote:Any other admitted early decision applicants getting ready to notify NDLS of their decisions by the end of this month?

Considering that I live less than 100 yards from the admissions office I might just hand in my seat deposit in person.

Here is a link to the facebook group for all of you who have decided to join the NDLS Class of 2013:

GO IRISH!
Shame only 9 people are attending ND this year.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

flcath

Silver

Post by flcath » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:35 pm

Pearalegal wrote:
BuffaloSabres137 wrote:Any other admitted early decision applicants getting ready to notify NDLS of their decisions by the end of this month?

GO IRISH!
Their USNWR stats for "expenditures per student" are gonna go through the roof.

Pearalegal

Silver

Post by Pearalegal » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:38 pm

flcath wrote:
Pearalegal wrote:
Their USNWR stats for "expenditures per student" are gonna go through the roof.
And their faculty to student ratios. My god.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:41 pm

why is there admissions office closed?

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Veritas wrote:why is there admissions office closed?

Must have caller id.......jk. Some schools might technically still be closed down. Someone schools around Michigan do that.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:39 pm

sckon wrote:

Must have caller id.......jk. Some schools might technically still be closed down. Someone schools around Michigan do that.
:P

I got a hold of them, said nothing has changed on my app since going complete on 10/29 :|

sckon

Silver

Post by sckon » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:41 pm

Veritas wrote:
sckon wrote:

:P

I got a hold of them, said nothing has changed on my app since going complete on 10/29 :|

Probably hung up and how much scholarship to give you

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:52 am

^^^ oh, of course that MUST be the problem :lol:

i wish

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Just got the complete email today, saying that it will take six to eight weeks for a decision now that they have received my December LSAT score. I'm an undergrad there now and it's definitely one of my top choices, hopefully it doesn't take longer than that.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”