In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Slimpee

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm

crm wrote:You guys who just got their acceptances, when did you guys apply/go complete? I'm hoping to hear soon since I applied end of December...

I applied right before Xmas, got the complete email 1/25, and was told over the phone that I was admitted on 3/3. I should be receiving my packet sometime in the next few days I would think...

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:47 pm

I got my acceptance packet today - a full ride :D. I'll definitely be at the admitted students day, too.

Edit - I went complete on 1/8.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:49 pm

MBZags wrote:I got my acceptance packet today - a full ride :D. I'll definitely be at the admitted students day, too.

Edit - I went complete on 1/8.

sweet! congrats, I'll see you there!

eye

Postby eye » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:23 pm

I just received my acceptance packet. Can someone please clarify what this means??

"This scholarship will provide full non-resident tuition"

Does that mean that I got a full ride?? I'm not too clear on the language and don't want to get all excited to find out it meant something else.

Rovias

Postby Rovias » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:34 pm

In today via snail mail with 15k per year!

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:58 pm

eye wrote:I just received my acceptance packet. Can someone please clarify what this means??

Does that mean that I got a full ride?? I'm not too clear on the language and don't want to get all excited to find out it meant something else.

You got a full ride, welcome to the club! :)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:59 pm

eye wrote:I just received my acceptance packet. Can someone please clarify what this means??

LOL you sound just like I did when I read it. I had to re-read it 5 times and then have someone else read it to make sure that's what it meant.

YES YOU GOT A FULL RIDE!! WOOOOOOOT :D

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:00 pm

That's kind of a bummer about the in-state thing. That reduces the net impact of the scholarship relative to other state schools pretty significantly. I'm still considering it, though.

Also, is anyone else a little frightened by the April 1 deadline? All my other schools are April 15, and I was counting on having those two additional weeks to decide.

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:03 pm

j.wellington wrote:That's kind of a bummer about the in-state thing. That reduces the net impact of the scholarship relative to other state schools pretty significantly. I'm still considering it, though.

Also, is anyone else a little frightened by the April 1 deadline? All my other schools are April 15, and I was counting on having those two additional weeks to decide.

So, I'm also in with 15k/year, which isn't going to be enough I think given how high their in-state tuition is.

In the packet, they said that if you need more time, just contact the admissions office.

I think I might come to the ASD to see what I think of the school.

crm

Postby crm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Where do all of you guys live? I'm on the west coast and would think I'd be somewhere within this next batch considering I was complete around the same time, but I'm not sure..

eye

Postby eye » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:48 pm

Veritas wrote:

LOL you sound just like I did when I read it. I had to re-read it 5 times and then have someone else read it to make sure that's what it meant.

OMG!

This changes everything. ASW will determine whether I spend the next three years of my life in Bloomington!

I'm in utter shock.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 pm

Congrats to all the newly accepted and full ride scholarship recipients! A lot of good news today. Judging by the complete dates, I am guessing my day of reckoning is probably coming some time next week.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Just stopping in to say hello. Looks like lots of good news lately. I can't believe Veritas is still creeping ITT! Wish I was coming to SLD, but I don't think they'd appreciate me travelling on their dime when I'm already committed to UVA.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:26 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Just stopping in to say hello. Looks like lots of good news lately. I can't believe Veritas is still creeping ITT! Wish I was coming to SLD, but I don't think they'd appreciate me travelling on their dime when I'm already committed to UVA.

Ya, I'm back 8) I just can't shake it.

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:29 pm

crm wrote:Where do all of you guys live? I'm on the west coast and would think I'd be somewhere within this next batch considering I was complete around the same time, but I'm not sure..

Ohio, the greatest of all the states.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:42 pm

crm wrote:Where do all of you guys live? I'm on the west coast and would think I'd be somewhere within this next batch considering I was complete around the same time, but I'm not sure..

Nord Dakohtah

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:58 pm

I'm on the west coast, too, so you should be getting a package soon.

weis14

Postby weis14 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:19 pm

Veritas wrote:

I was told about my full ride on the phone. I literally said "Whoa" and then was quiet for a few seconds. The lady on the phone actually told me to sit down before she told me.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:38 pm

weis14 wrote:
Veritas wrote:

I was told about my full ride on the phone. I literally said "Whoa" and then was quiet for a few seconds. The lady on the phone actually told me to sit down before she told me.

haha, that's so cool. :D congrats, btw!!

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:16 am

Just got back from vacation, and found out about all of you guys getting in - congrats! I hope to see all of you at SLD.

- Vincent Vega, formerly Halibut6

theseus636

Postby theseus636 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 am

West coaster also in with a full ride. Wow. Still can't believe it.

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Wow looks like a wave of good news. Congrats everyone :D Hope to see you all at SLD!

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:32 pm

Also, anyone from D.C. confirm that they are attending the Spring Break event from 6-8 p.m. on Monday?

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

i'll be at the DC event on monday

Jockin Jay-Z

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:31 pm

Their admissions office is so nice and helpful.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”