In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:08 pm

really nice call from an alum today. Partner at a Chicago firm. Taken by surprise with the call and they guy is awesome.

User avatar
Snwboarder78
Posts: 53
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:05 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Snwboarder78 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:22 am

Received a big packet in the mail today. Was not really expecting that. Plus a personal note, nice touch. $5k a year doesn't sound bad either. Top choice so far. Definitely, bumped Iowa off the list.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby TTH » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 am

Veritas wrote:really nice call from an alum today. Partner at a Chicago firm. Taken by surprise with the call and they guy is awesome.


Wow. That's a nice touch, Ver, you any closer to making a decision?

kkmae
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby kkmae » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:05 am

Snwboarder78 wrote:Received a big packet in the mail today. Was not really expecting that. Plus a personal note, nice touch. $5k a year doesn't sound bad either. Top choice so far. Definitely, bumped Iowa off the list.



I got the same exact thing, Scholly, note, and all. I'm also deciding b/w Iowa and IUB, what do like about IUB over Iowa....I'm too indecisive and any input would help! Thanks!

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 am

TipTravHoot wrote:
Veritas wrote:really nice call from an alum today. Partner at a Chicago firm. Taken by surprise with the call and they guy is awesome.


Wow. That's a nice touch, Ver, you any closer to making a decision?

I might be, but I'm not sure yet... :|

User avatar
UF Gators
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:57 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby UF Gators » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:58 am

Veritas wrote:
TipTravHoot wrote:
Veritas wrote:really nice call from an alum today. Partner at a Chicago firm. Taken by surprise with the call and they guy is awesome.


Wow. That's a nice touch, Ver, you any closer to making a decision?

I might be, but I'm not sure yet... :|

I would love to be in your shoes.

weis14
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:01 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby weis14 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:52 pm

I got the ASW email last week but couldn't take the suspense. So I called the admissions office and......I'm in with a full sholarship!!!!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:54 pm

weis14 wrote:I got the ASW email last week but couldn't take the suspense. So I called the admissions office and......I'm in with a full sholarship!!!!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it.


WOAAH. Sick! Congrats! When did you go complete?

User avatar
blurbz
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2009 10:43 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby blurbz » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, Indiana declined to match my Illinois scholarship. They did increase it, though, to their credit. I hope to visit still: Maybe I'll just love it! But I'd be more inclined to love it if it were as cheap as Illinois...

barrydukakis
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:55 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby barrydukakis » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:24 pm

weis14 wrote:I got the ASW email last week but couldn't take the suspense. So I called the admissions office and......I'm in with a full sholarship!!!!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it.


+1... stoked.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:44 pm

barrydukakis wrote:
weis14 wrote:I got the ASW email last week but couldn't take the suspense. So I called the admissions office and......I'm in with a full sholarship!!!!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it.


+1... stoked.


Also got a full ride. I spontaneously yelled out "woohoo!", and the admissions lady said (not unkindly) "that's my ear you're yelling into". I apologized.

Now, off to withdraw from several other schools that are no longer realistically in competition.

User avatar
mgiven
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:52 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby mgiven » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:20 pm

barrydukakis wrote:
weis14 wrote:I got the ASW email last week but couldn't take the suspense. So I called the admissions office and......I'm in with a full sholarship!!!!!!!!

I still can't quite believe it.


+1... stoked.



+1. I called and asked and the lady was like "call mom and dad...you've got a full scholarship!" lol

also i'm 167/3.85 and have yet to receive anything in the mail

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Notor » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 pm

I withdrew, hopefully one of you guys gets my spot and my $.

Sg017
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Sg017 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:41 am

Just wondering if anyone who interviewed has heard back from IUB?

I'm still in the dark.....can't be a good sign.

User avatar
j.wellington
Posts: 265
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:09 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby j.wellington » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:17 pm

Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:21 pm

j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


I'm in the exact same position as you. Visiting?

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:22 pm

j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get in-state after the first year in Indiana. There is a TLS article that lists state residency requirements as Easy, Medium, and Hard. INdiana is squarely in the Hard category.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:30 pm

Slimpee wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


I'm in the exact same position as you. Visiting?

SLD GOOOOOOOOO!

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:36 pm

Veritas wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


I'm in the exact same position as you. Visiting?

SLD GOOOOOOOOO!


I would love to but i'm signed up for Iowa's ASW. Veri, are you still going to SLD?

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:39 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to get in-state after the first year in Indiana. There is a TLS article that lists state residency requirements as Easy, Medium, and Hard. INdiana is squarely in the Hard category.


Do you have a link to that article? That would be awesome to see.

savagecheater
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby savagecheater » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Just my acceptance today with a wonderful scholarship.

YES

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Slimpee wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
j.wellington wrote:Wow, just got my acceptance packet. $45K over three years and a very nice handwritten note from someone who had clearly read my personal statement. It's always nice to be regarded as a person. I had honestly not thought much about IUB and applied primarily because of an unsolicited fee waiver. I'm going to have think about it now.

BTW – does anyone know about getting in-state tuition after the first year.


I'm in the exact same position as you. Visiting?

SLD GOOOOOOOOO!


I would love to but i'm signed up for Iowa's ASW. Veri, are you still going to SLD?

mmmhmmm

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:46 pm

savagecheater wrote:Just my acceptance today with a wonderful scholarship.

YES


Congrats! Care to share numbers/complete date? You can PM if you want.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby crm » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:07 pm

You guys who just got their acceptances, when did you guys apply/go complete? I'm hoping to hear soon since I applied end of December...

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:08 pm

traehekat wrote:
savagecheater wrote:Just my acceptance today with a wonderful scholarship.

YES


Congrats! Care to share numbers/complete date? You can PM if you want.

did you hear yet?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MSNbot Media, smashbash and 8 guests