In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Fsubuckeye

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Fsubuckeye » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:52 am

I also received the same email... I finally calmed down about it. Agreed, the wording of it sucked but it's kinda cool that they are corresponding with applicants.

IUB +1

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 pm

NatSec wrote:is anyone else going to the spring break event in DC on the 15th?

I think I will most likely be going to the event after work. I wonder how many prospective students will be there...

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:32 pm

I got that e-mail too. It freaked me out before I opened it. Mostly any e-mail from a school that doesn't have "Congratulations" in the subject line scares me, and IU would have been a surprise rejection for me.

My eyes also jumped to the phrases "bad news" and "increase in applications," which are rejection letter boilerplate.

But I admire the idea, letting us know that they're aware they are taking a long time and are sorry about that. It's the thought that counts.

Whitters

Postby Whitters » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

Yeah, same email, same response. That first line is really strange, but now I think its pretty funny. I wonder if they realize how crazy we all are and how much that wording freaked us out!

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:38 pm

cubswin wrote:I got that e-mail too. It freaked me out before I opened it. Mostly any e-mail from a school that doesn't have "Congratulations" in the subject line scares me, and IU would have been a surprise rejection for me.

My eyes also jumped to the phrases "bad news" and "increase in applications," which are rejection letter boilerplate.

But I admire the idea, letting us know that they're aware they are taking a long time and are sorry about that. It's the thought that counts.

If you truly are a Cubs fan, you should definitely go to IU Law so we can commiserate together. See below photo of my room and observe obvious Cubs allegiance.

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:51 pm

roguey wrote:
jrobby6 wrote:Almost shit bricks with the most recent IU-B email. First sentence goes: 'Good news sometimes has a downside'

I figured it was a rejection after that but they just apologize for being behind in reviewing apps.

Apology accepted IU-B!!

I did not get the email. I hope that means my acceptance is in the mail, not that I am rejected and don't know it yet.

+1.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:29 pm

i didn't get the email. uhhh. worrying.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:33 pm

webbylu87 wrote:i've been complete since 12/16. should i give them a ring?

Couldn't hurt.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
webbylu87 wrote:i've been complete since 12/16. should i give them a ring?

Couldn't hurt.

i did. and good thing too.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Forgot to mention that when I gave them a call yesterday to inquire about the status of my application they said they would be sending out an email explaining the delay in decisions. Like many of you, I received the email as well.

crm

Postby crm » Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:15 pm

E-mail as well, hopefully we get decisions soon though...I've been anxiously waiting sinc Dec...

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:43 am

So I got an e-mail this morning to congratulate me "once again" on my admission to IU and invite me to an alumni event, which would have made much more sense if I had been congratulated a first time. Is this a mistake or did my acceptance letter get lost in the mail? Anyone else have this happen?

EDIT: Read back a few pages. I guess this has happened to others. nm.

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm curious as to what kinds of numbers are getting substantial $$ from IUB. Anyone care to elucidate me?

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:27 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I'm curious as to what kinds of numbers are getting substantial $$ from IUB. Anyone care to elucidate me?

Full scholarship with 3.9 GPA/164 LSAT.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:32 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:I'm curious as to what kinds of numbers are getting substantial $$ from IUB. Anyone care to elucidate me?

http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/app ... order=desc

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:40 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
cubswin wrote:I got that e-mail too. It freaked me out before I opened it. Mostly any e-mail from a school that doesn't have "Congratulations" in the subject line scares me, and IU would have been a surprise rejection for me.

If you truly are a Cubs fan, you should definitely go to IU Law so we can commiserate together. See below photo of my room and observe obvious Cubs allegiance.

Ha, yes we can road trip to Wrigley together, should I be admitted and decide to attend.

cr073137

Postby cr073137 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm

j.wellington wrote:So I got an e-mail this morning to congratulate me "once again" on my admission to IU and invite me to an alumni event, which would have made much more sense if I had been congratulated a first time. Is this a mistake or did my acceptance letter get lost in the mail? Anyone else have this happen?

EDIT: Read back a few pages. I guess this has happened to others. nm.

Nah you got in, pck is on the way, same happened to be and i called, they thought we would get the pck by Saturday.

becauseimaddicted

Postby becauseimaddicted » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:32 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:

That was very helpful, thank you.

chisoxfan

Postby chisoxfan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:42 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:

Has anyone tried negotiating with Indiana for more merit aid? Had any success/failure?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:08 pm

chisoxfan wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:

Has anyone tried negotiating with Indiana for more merit aid? Had any success/failure?

I have heard earlier in the cycle they were very receptive to it, but now they are running low on money so they are less likely to match scholarships, however I have not seen any evidence indicating those with numbers similar to those who received money earlier in the cycle are not receiving similar amounts of money.

Couldn't hurt to give it a shot though!

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:11 pm

I think someone mentioned this before, but is the travel assistance only available to those who got a full scholarship? I haven't gotten the packet in the mail yet, but I got an e-mail from Dani congratulating me and talking about travel assistance.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 pm

MBZags wrote:I think someone mentioned this before, but is the travel assistance only available to those who got a full scholarship? I haven't gotten the packet in the mail yet, but I got an e-mail from Dani congratulating me and talking about travel assistance.

Also got this. It said I would be receiving, if I hadn't already, an admissions/scholarship package. I wish I would have known a bit earlier, since I'm already slated to be at the William and Mary admits day on March 27. I will be fairly near IUB before then, though, so I can definitely still make my way around. Now I'm on pins and needles over what the scholarship will be.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:19 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
MBZags wrote:I think someone mentioned this before, but is the travel assistance only available to those who got a full scholarship? I haven't gotten the packet in the mail yet, but I got an e-mail from Dani congratulating me and talking about travel assistance.

Also got this. It said I would be receiving, if I hadn't already, an admissions/scholarship package. I wish I would have known a bit earlier, since I'm already slated to be at the William and Mary admits day on March 27. I will be fairly near IUB before then, though, so I can definitely still make my way around. Now I'm on pins and needles over what the scholarship will be.

Call and ask. The lady told me what my scholly is...

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:25 pm

Slimpee wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:

Call and ask. The lady told me what my scholly is...

That's first on the order for 7:30 AM CST (8:30 IUB time) tomorrow morning! :

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Since someone said decisions were mailed on Thursday/Friday and IU-B uses priority mail, we should get our admissions packets tomorrow.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”