In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 pm

Last edited by Veritas on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:40 pm

In today via phone (I called and asked)!

With money! :lol: I just hope the lady was correct...

I don't think i'll be able to make it to SLD (same weekend as Iowa) but I will almost certainly be visiting IUB!

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 pm

Slimpee wrote:In today via phone (I called and asked)!

I don't think i'll be able to make it to SLD (same weekend as Iowa) but I will almost certainly be visiting IUB!

ahhh congrats!! :D

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:02 pm

kkmae wrote:
Rovias wrote:In via invitation to social networking thing? Hmmm... I should probably check my mail. Applied early December and went complete 1/12.

Me too! So I'm not the only one, I feel better now. And apparently they sent out decisions yesterday so perhaps ours is in the mail.

Probably a bad sign for me. I went complete on 1/8 and received no e-mail.

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:06 pm

Congratulations!! That's great news!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Slimpee, did you receive the social networking thing? Congrats!

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Halibut6 wrote:So I am currently the only person on LSN with an "A" next to my Accepted status. I think the rest of you should follow suit. Thanks.

You da man!

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

traehekat wrote:Slimpee, did you receive the social networking thing? Congrats!

Nope. I was just admitted yesterday and my packet hasn't yet been sent. What is it?

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:34 pm

I also called earlier today and learned that I had been admitted, with a full scholarship and an offer to provide travel and hotel for the upcoming Spring Law Day. Very happy - highest ranked school to offer a full scholarship thus far. I was told packets should be going in the mail today.

hiromoto45

Postby hiromoto45 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 pm

evergirl23 wrote:I also called earlier today and learned that I had been admitted, with a full scholarship and an offer to provide travel and hotel for the upcoming Spring Law Day. Very happy - highest ranked school to offer a full scholarship thus far. I was told packets should be going in the mail today.

What did you say?

evergirl23

Postby evergirl23 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:
evergirl23 wrote:I also called earlier today and learned that I had been admitted, with a full scholarship and an offer to provide travel and hotel for the upcoming Spring Law Day. Very happy - highest ranked school to offer a full scholarship thus far. I was told packets should be going in the mail today.

What did you say?

You mean when I called the office? I just asked if it would be possible to check on the status of my application.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:55 pm

Slimpee wrote:
traehekat wrote:Slimpee, did you receive the social networking thing? Congrats!

Nope. I was just admitted yesterday and my packet hasn't yet been sent. What is it?

No clue, but a couple people mentioned they had received it and that it may imply they have been admitted.

Heh, just called admissions to check on the status. She said I am under review and it should be a couple more weeks until I receive a decision. Ugh, I was hoping I would be in this batch of decisions that is coming out. Oh well, at least she didn't tell me I was rejected and then proceed to laugh at me... thats always good.

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:29 am

Congrats!!

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 am

Congrats numbers twin!!!

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:53 am

is anyone else going to the spring break event in DC on the 15th?

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:43 am

If it was on the 8th instead, I definitely would, since I am going to DC for my spring break. I will be back in North Carolina by the 15th, though.

Tweek

Postby Tweek » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

I just received an email that began "Good news sometimes has a down side." My first thought was: REJECTION LETTER FAIL! But I pressed on :)

Dear Tweek:

Good news sometimes has a down side.

The good news is that more people are recognizing what a wonderful law program is available at Indiana University Maurer School of Law. The bad news is that we had a large increase in applications and have not been able to keep to the timely schedule we had hoped.

I write to assure you that we are working hard to address this challenge and that we hope to be caught up soon. We will be in touch with those whose files have been complete for some time. We realize that April 1st is an important deadline for many of you and we will do all we can to get responses to you so that you can have the information you need.

I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Frank Motley
Assistant Dean for Admissions

So it looks like waiting until April 1 may be in the cards...

jrobby6

Postby jrobby6 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

Almost shit bricks with the most recent IU-B email. First sentence goes: 'Good news sometimes has a downside'

I figured it was a rejection after that but they just apologize for being behind in reviewing apps.

Apology accepted IU-B!!

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 am

Tweek wrote:I just received an email that began "Good news sometimes has a down side." My first thought was: REJECTION LETTER FAIL! But I pressed on :)

Dear Tweek:

Good news sometimes has a down side.

The good news is that more people are recognizing what a wonderful law program is available at Indiana University Maurer School of Law. The bad news is that we had a large increase in applications and have not been able to keep to the timely schedule we had hoped.

I write to assure you that we are working hard to address this challenge and that we hope to be caught up soon. We will be in touch with those whose files have been complete for some time. We realize that April 1st is an important deadline for many of you and we will do all we can to get responses to you so that you can have the information you need.

I thank you for your patience and understanding.

Sincerely,

Frank Motley
Assistant Dean for Admissions

So it looks like waiting until April 1 may be in the cards...

I just got the same email. Whoever approved the wording of that intro should really be fired.

roguey

Postby roguey » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:18 am

jrobby6 wrote:Almost shit bricks with the most recent IU-B email. First sentence goes: 'Good news sometimes has a downside'

I figured it was a rejection after that but they just apologize for being behind in reviewing apps.

Apology accepted IU-B!!

I did not get the email. I hope that means my acceptance is in the mail, not that I am rejected and don't know it yet.

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 am

I just got the same email

ram jam

Postby ram jam » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am

Great email. This is an admissions office that cares about their applicants. I have applied to 7 other schools that have not even sent me a newsletter for months. Although intro wording made me light headed.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 am

ram jam wrote:Great email. This is an admissions office that cares about their applicants. I have applied to 7 other schools that have not even sent me a newsletter for months. Although intro wording made me light headed.

Really? I've found the admissions department to be my least favorite part of IU Law.

FunkyJD

Postby FunkyJD » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

I got the e-mail, too. Appreciated it very much. Uncertainty is bad.

Though I will appreciate it even more if the next communication is an acceptance. :P

07ggfa5

Postby 07ggfa5 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:44 am

Just read the "Sorry we're behind" e-mail, too. Nice of them to mention how April 1 is an important date for us. I just hope I receive my decision soon.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”