In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RMstratosphere

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:15 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:Just got an email from IU Law offering full flight, hotel and ground transportation for Spring Law Day - I am now officially pumped!

I was really glad to hear something. EXCEPT that they have to book all the accommodations. I already reserved everything in an attempt to be proactive. I'll be really disappointed if they are unable/unwilling to reimburse directly.

Same, for all of this. My hotel is refundable, though.

Likewise, sorry Comfort Inn.

superflush

Postby superflush » Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:28 pm

pace4tutti wrote:sooo
I've never been to Indiana, and whenever I tell anyone I'm looking into IU, they tell me to watch Hoosiers

I watched it today. I feel I have a lot more understanding of tiny basketball shorts and farmers, but no more understanding of life in Bloomington. Any other suggestions out there for a good movie or book set in Indiana? Or do tiny basketball shorts and farmers pretty much sum it up?

Hoosiers isn't set in Bloomington, nor was any of it filmed there to my knowledge.

BiteyTLS

Postby BiteyTLS » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 pm

My incompetent procrastination has finally paid off in a small portion of my life. Got the email today. Thanks the heads up and updates, RM, saved me a great deal of money. Beer is on me.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:18 pm

BiteyTLS wrote:My incompetent procrastination has finally paid off in a small portion of my life. Got the email today. Thanks the heads up and updates, RM, saved me a great deal of money. Beer is on me.

I'll be sure to take you up on that. Glad to know we'll be seeing you.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 pm

I think IUB forgot about me

:(

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 pm

Slimpee wrote:I think IUB forgot about me

Shoot Dani Weatherford an email.

letsdoit1982

Postby letsdoit1982 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 pm

Does IU yield protect? I can't tell by looking at LSN - Some people are with number way above their medians are getting rejected while others with the same numbers (or even higher) are getting accepted.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:I think IUB forgot about me

Shoot Dani Weatherford an email.

Eh, i'll wait another week and call 'em. I want to get in, though!

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:37 am

letsdoit1982 wrote:Does IU yield protect? I can't tell by looking at LSN - Some people are with number way above their medians are getting rejected while others with the same numbers (or even higher) are getting accepted.

http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

I think that it would be hard to make the case that they do in fact YP, yet. There just isn't enough data available on LSN or comparable sites to make that judgement. Certainly some candidates (163, 3.45) that you might expect to be admitted weren't but conversely, some candidates you would expect to be rejected (170, 4.0), assuming YP, have been accepted.

I think that the prevalent use of the WL is very telling though. It would seem that IU-B is committed to admitting competitive students especially when they can assess a real interest. WL is a great way to find out if said competitive students really want IU-B or if they are papering the market with apps.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 am

I'm not sure if folks are aware of it but I'd like to advertise the facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wal ... 4139357927

Hopefully we can use it to coordinate some efforts for SLD evenings.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:33 am

Just got the email about travel funding for SLD. Makes me sad. :cry:

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:36 am

RMstratosphere wrote:I'm not sure if folks are aware of it but I'd like to advertise the facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wal ... 4139357927

Hopefully we can use it to coordinate some efforts for SLD evenings.

Thanks for advertising the group, just joined. I did not get the email about the travel/hotel stipend yet...I wonder if they are offering it to all admitted students...hoping to hear something in the next couple of days.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:38 am

Mine referred to it being part of the full scholly. :? So it might be a case by case basis.

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:45 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote:Mine referred to it being part of the full scholly. :? So it might be a case by case basis.

I have the full scholly as well...and just got the email a second ago...guess I spoke too soon! Thanks!

rjp88

Postby rjp88 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:29 pm

I've gotten two calls now from people about Indiana, one from a 3L and one from some guy who sits on the law school board of governors. Is the law school calling every applicant who was admitted? Just curious.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:01 pm

rjp88 wrote:I've gotten two calls now from people about Indiana, one from a 3L and one from some guy who sits on the law school board of governors. Is the law school calling every applicant who was admitted? Just curious.

You just sparked an inferiority complex in me.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:26 pm

I got a call a while back from an IU 2L from my home state. I've received similar calls from other schools, too, so I'm not particularly impressed.

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:33 pm

I received a call from the same person (once when I applied and then a follow-up after I was admitted). Although she was not from my hometown area, she attended undergrad there. I spoke to her both times and found her to be incredibly nice and very helpful.

webbylu87

Postby webbylu87 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:35 pm

i've been complete since 12/16. should i give them a ring?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:41 pm

Just got word that the scholarship budget is tight and they don't expect to make many increases in offers to match other school's offers. Too bad, but I definitely understand it. The committee is meeting later this week to evaluate requests for more money--I'm hoping for a miracle!

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:47 pm

blurbz wrote:Just got word that the scholarship budget is tight and they don't expect to make many increases in offers to match other school's offers. Too bad, but I definitely understand it. The committee is meeting later this week to evaluate requests for more money--I'm hoping for a miracle!

Sad to hear. :(

TTH

Postby TTH » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:03 pm

blurbz wrote:Just got word that the scholarship budget is tight and they don't expect to make many increases in offers to match other school's offers. Too bad, but I definitely understand it. The committee is meeting later this week to evaluate requests for more money--I'm hoping for a miracle!

How'd you hear about that?

blurbz

Postby blurbz » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:06 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:

How'd you hear about that?

Email in response to my request.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:53 pm

One of you needs to get on this: --LinkRemoved--

MissMatch

Postby MissMatch » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:14 am

For those who are flying in for Spring Law Day, are you planning on flying out on Saturday night after the last scheduled event at 4:30 p.m., or staying a second night and flying out on Sunday morning? I know that the email indicated that IU will cover hotel, but I'm guessing that means only on Friday night?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”