In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Veritas

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:22 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Veritas wrote:still no word on funding fro SLD, this is pretty disappointing/absurd

Yes. IU's admissions office is worse than terrible.

they make it hard to realllllllly like them

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:25 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Veritas wrote:still no word on funding fro SLD, this is pretty disappointing/absurd

Just booked flight + hotel @ ~$450.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:28 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:

:| ugh, that's so much money

Threepeat

Postby Threepeat » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:04 am

Veritas wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:

:| ugh, that's so much money

I thought you left us Veritas? Having second thoughts now?

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

Anyone else get the clinics vid? Kind of TTT production value but seemed interesting nonetheless. If so, check out "that guy" at about 3:37. I lol-ed.

Kobe_Teeth

Postby Kobe_Teeth » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:48 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
Kobe_Teeth wrote:
charlesjd wrote:http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202443758843&slreturn=1&hbxlogin=1

Anyone else see this? NO IU?!

But there is a Loyola-Chi? Makes ya think for those IU-B Chicagoans...

Since I turned down full rides from both Chicago-Kent and Iowa, it is disconcerting that IU is not on the list, but I still don't regret my choice. I am not particularly set on biglaw, and I would killself if I had to live in Iowa for three years. Kent was hard to pass up with its location and all, but COL at IU is at most half of what it is in habitable areas of Chicago.

Agreed. If it wasn't for my S/O, IU-B would be #1 on my list. However, I do have the S/O, I do really like Chicago-Kent and there's always the fact that my numbers are totally on IU-B's cusp and I might not get accepted (haha).

antler

Postby antler » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:10 pm

I was told that the admissions office is currently trying to work something out, but that they haven't been able to finalize how much help they can provide. They gave the impression that they were hoping to get something to us within the next week or two.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:15 pm

antler wrote:

I was told that the admissions office is currently trying to work something out, but that they haven't been able to finalize how much help they can provide. They gave the impression that they were hoping to get something to us within the next week or two.

Thanks for checking and sharing with the group.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 pm

Got an email from a 3L last week, responded the next day with some questions, and have yet to get a response. Has this happened to anyone?

MBZags

Postby MBZags » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:52 pm

Zapatero wrote:Got an email from a 3L last week, responded the next day with some questions, and have yet to get a response. Has this happened to anyone?

That's pretty lame.

On Friday, I'll be at seven weeks since my file went complete so I'm hoping to hear something soon.

HungryHippo

Postby HungryHippo » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:53 pm

165/3.7

I haven't heard anything for 2 months.

Is this a bad sign?

NatSec

Postby NatSec » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:57 pm

I got the email, I replied, and I've already had a phone conversation with him as well. really nice guy and very helpful. he was even from my home state and we went to undergrad in the same area, which is either very impressive planning on their part or a huge step of luck.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Zapatero wrote:Got an email from a [strike]3L[/strike]2L last week, responded the next day with some questions, and have yet to get a response. Has this happened to anyone?

Yes, twice.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:34 pm

Yeah, I got an email. It was from someone from North Carolina, where I live right now. She offered to give me her perspective, but I don't have any worries about going to school in the midwest - I grew up in Rockford, which is a bit west of Chicago, and I want to work in the Chicago market after graduation. So I appreciate the effort, but I didn't reply.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:45 pm

omg I didn't get any emails :? (prolly cause there's minimal alumns in CA :| )

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:15 am

Veritas wrote:omg I didn't get any emails :? (prolly cause there's minimal alumns in CA :| )

I don't know if she was from my hometown or not. Maybe they get assigned several prospective students to contact, and my response got lost in the shuffle. I'll definitely be docking a point for this, though.

BiteyTLS

Postby BiteyTLS » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:24 pm

Anyone hear more about funding for spring law day? I'm about to just decide on not attending- it's not worth 450 dollars (compounded with a lost week of work) to go down for a daylong meet-and-greet.

It's just shocking that they want to pay for student's 120k education but are unwilling to fork over 400 dollars for traveling expenses. Seems penny wise and pound foolish.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 pm

BiteyTLS wrote:Anyone hear more about funding for spring law day? I'm about to just decide on not attending- it's not worth 450 dollars (compounded with a lost week of work) to go down for a daylong meet-and-greet.

It's just shocking that they want to pay for student's 120k education but are unwilling to fork over 400 dollars for traveling expenses. Seems penny wise and pound foolish.

A member of the Indiana 2013 facebook group said Dani Weatherford will be sending this info out ~Tuesday. I think they will be giving some help, at least to scholarship recipients.

Spoonmanners

Postby Spoonmanners » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:15 am

Zapatero wrote:Got an email from a 3L last week, responded the next day with some questions, and have yet to get a response. Has this happened to anyone?

As a current 1L, I may have seen a 3L about twice in 8 months. I am still half way positive that 3L's don't exist.

I would expect to wait a good amount of time for a response from a 3L.

(Also, not trying to hijack your thread. Congrats to all)

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:19 am

Looks like I'll be joining this thread. Applying ultra-late (due to a last minute LSAT increase), but we'll see what happens. I was never super high on IU-B (had a bad experience with their rep at the NY Forum last fall), but I'm willing to give 'em another chance for a shot at getting into a Top 30 school :).

Spoonmanners

Postby Spoonmanners » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:25 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
I vote for Friday night crawl. I'm hoping that we can get current students to take us around.

Yes, I really have wanted to get some 0L's just as drunk as I got at Nick's on ASD. Booze is dirty cheap here, and I am making it a point to get free law school beer at Nick's while the getting is good.

There were plenty of students there last year. I talked to a bunch of 2L's (currently 3L's) about how lame the 1L's were (or still are). Everyone was awesome, and the after ASD thing at Nick's was a major reason I decided to attend IU. The people are all down to earth, friendly, and easy to get along with. I can say 90% or more of the class is like that.

I think we should make our way to Kilroys after Nick's. Kilroys is usually the start of a line of very bad decisions. It's also about 45 feet from Nick's.

Spoonmanners

Postby Spoonmanners » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:29 am

keg411 wrote:Looks like I'll be joining this thread. Applying ultra-late (due to a last minute LSAT increase), but we'll see what happens. I was never super high on IU-B (had a bad experience with their rep at the NY Forum last fall), but I'm willing to give 'em another chance for a shot at getting into a Top 30 school :).

How late is late? I'm just trying to figure out how much of a slacker I was last year. If you have already sent in the application, you aren't doing too bad.

keg411

Postby keg411 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am

Spoonmanners wrote:
keg411 wrote:Looks like I'll be joining this thread. Applying ultra-late (due to a last minute LSAT increase), but we'll see what happens. I was never super high on IU-B (had a bad experience with their rep at the NY Forum last fall), but I'm willing to give 'em another chance for a shot at getting into a Top 30 school :).

How late is late? I'm just trying to figure out how much of a slacker I was last year. If you have already sent in the application, you aren't doing too bad.

I haven't (it's done and I'm sending it tomorrow). Just got my new LSAT score today which makes me competitive for IU-B.

Spoonmanners

Postby Spoonmanners » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:46 am

keg411 wrote:
Spoonmanners wrote:

I haven't (it's done and I'm sending it tomorrow). Just got my new LSAT score today which makes me competitive for IU-B.

Congrats. I can tell you that my late application didn't hurt me. At least not at Indiana. Good luck with the app.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:17 am

Spoonmanners wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
I vote for Friday night crawl. I'm hoping that we can get current students to take us around.

Yes, I really have wanted to get some 0L's just as drunk as I got at Nick's on ASD. Booze is dirty cheap here, and I am making it a point to get free law school beer at Nick's while the getting is good.

There were plenty of students there last year. I talked to a bunch of 2L's (currently 3L's) about how lame the 1L's were (or still are). Everyone was awesome, and the after ASD thing at Nick's was a major reason I decided to attend IU. The people are all down to earth, friendly, and easy to get along with. I can say 90% or more of the class is like that.

I think we should make our way to Kilroys after Nick's. Kilroys is usually the start of a line of very bad decisions. It's also about 45 feet from Nick's.

Spoon shall be our leader.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”