In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10384
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby TTH » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:52 pm

How are y'all getting decisions from IUB? Snail mail? E-Mail? Carrier Pigeon? I applied in December, went complete sometime in early January, and haven't heard a peep from them since an e-mail confirming that I went complete. I'm not sweating it too much, but it's one of two schools I have left before I can put a ribbon on my cycle.

User avatar
Zapatero
Posts: 517
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Zapatero » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:58 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:How are y'all getting decisions from IUB? Snail mail? E-Mail? Carrier Pigeon? I applied in December, went complete sometime in early January, and haven't heard a peep from them since an e-mail confirming that I went complete. I'm not sweating it too much, but it's one of two schools I have left before I can put a ribbon on my cycle.


Priority mail for me about seven weeks after applying.

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Threepeat » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:05 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:How are y'all getting decisions from IUB? Snail mail? E-Mail? Carrier Pigeon? I applied in December, went complete sometime in early January, and haven't heard a peep from them since an e-mail confirming that I went complete. I'm not sweating it too much, but it's one of two schools I have left before I can put a ribbon on my cycle.


You most likely won't hear anything until you get your decision. They seem to really follow the "6-8 weeks to reach a decision" time line from when you go complete. Mine took just about 7 weeks from the time I went complete.

letsdoit1982
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby letsdoit1982 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:09 pm

TipTravHoot wrote:How are y'all getting decisions from IUB? Snail mail? E-Mail? Carrier Pigeon? I applied in December, went complete sometime in early January, and haven't heard a peep from them since an e-mail confirming that I went complete. I'm not sweating it too much, but it's one of two schools I have left before I can put a ribbon on my cycle.



An adcomm came to my house, put my application on my front porch, and took a giant crap on it. I guess that means I didn't get in?

User avatar
najumobi
Posts: 1111
Joined: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby najumobi » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:24 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:An adcomm came to my house, put my application on my front porch, and took a giant crap on it. I guess that means I didn't get in?
lol

aquanow
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:33 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby aquanow » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:46 pm

blurbz wrote:Anyone know about scholarship negotiation at IU?

I got a 25k/year offer at Illinois and a 15k/year offer at Indiana. Their OOS tuition is almost identical...Thoughts on how to negotiate? Chances of success?


I also have a larger offer from a school, how is it best to go about negotiating this? I would love to bump to 20k from 15! Let me know any thoughts/ideas.

Thanks

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:01 am

Threepeat wrote:No maybe not many females on this thread, but have you seen the females at IU? You won't be disappointed.


IU Law is apx 40% female.

Just as a thought, I think TLS is generally 2/3 male anyway.

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby superflush » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:16 am

Halibut6 wrote:Just as a thought, I think TLS is generally 2/3 male anyway.


yea, probably something like this.

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Threepeat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:44 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Threepeat wrote:No maybe not many females on this thread, but have you seen the females at IU? You won't be disappointed.


IU Law is apx 40% female.

Just as a thought, I think TLS is generally 2/3 male anyway.


I was speaking more about the entire IU population rather than just the law school.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:13 am

Threepeat wrote:No maybe not many females on this thread, but have you seen the females at IU? You won't be disappointed.

Unfortunately, seeing is about all I'm able to do with said undergraduates. So I will just have to focus my attention on other things. Right now, I am more interested in seeing next year's recruiting class. The basketball team is just getting destroyed lately.

pieceofbeth
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:49 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby pieceofbeth » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:34 am

I sent an email a couple of days ago asking IU to match my PSU scholarship. Anyone else do that this year? Here's hoping...

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am

pieceofbeth wrote:I sent an email a couple of days ago asking IU to match my PSU scholarship. Anyone else do that this year? Here's hoping...


No, but I'm in the process of asking other schools to match my IU scholarship. :D

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:44 am

badwithpseudonyms wrote: Right now, I am more interested in seeing next year's recruiting class. The basketball team is just getting destroyed lately.


Very true. Hopefully, we're able to wrangle up that Josh Selby kid. It would be an upset, but he appears to be quite good.

User avatar
badwithpseudonyms
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:49 am

Halibut6 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote: Right now, I am more interested in seeing next year's recruiting class. The basketball team is just getting destroyed lately.


Very true. Hopefully, we're able to wrangle up that Josh Selby kid. It would be an upset, but he appears to be quite good.


Referring to IU in the first person now, eh? :wink: Since I didn't get in on the love fest the other day, let me add my congratulations to the chorus.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:55 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote: Right now, I am more interested in seeing next year's recruiting class. The basketball team is just getting destroyed lately.


Very true. Hopefully, we're able to wrangle up that Josh Selby kid. It would be an upset, but he appears to be quite good.


Referring to IU in the first person now, eh? :wink: Since I didn't get in on the love fest the other day, let me add my congratulations to the chorus.


Yeah, man, I'm a Hoosier now. I might be in law school, but I'm still going to go all out at the basketball games. I've worked for my school's athletics department for 4 years now; I'm a little addicted.

User avatar
Threepeat
Posts: 202
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Threepeat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:41 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
badwithpseudonyms wrote: Right now, I am more interested in seeing next year's recruiting class. The basketball team is just getting destroyed lately.


Very true. Hopefully, we're able to wrangle up that Josh Selby kid. It would be an upset, but he appears to be quite good.


Referring to IU in the first person now, eh? :wink: Since I didn't get in on the love fest the other day, let me add my congratulations to the chorus.


Yeah, man, I'm a [strike]Hoosier[/strike] Boilermaker now. I might be in law school, but I'm still going to [strike]go all out[/strike] want to kill myself at IU basketball games. I've worked for my school's athletics department for 4 years now; I'm a little addicted.



FTFY

Blatant Purdue trolling.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:36 pm

Threepeat wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:Yeah, man, I'm a [strike]Hoosier[/strike] Boilermaker now. I might be in law school, but I'm still going to [strike]go all out[/strike] want to kill myself at IU basketball games. I've worked for my school's athletics department for 4 years now; I'm a little addicted.



FTFY

Blatant Purdue trolling.


Yuck.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:02 pm

Geez, I thought i'd be in w/ 15k/yr but with the later cycle trend I hope I just get in!

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:21 pm

Slimpee wrote:Geez, I thought i'd be in w/ 15k/yr but with the later cycle trend I hope I just get in!


Yuuuuuup. :|

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby crm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Slimpee wrote:Geez, I thought i'd be in w/ 15k/yr but with the later cycle trend I hope I just get in!



+1

letsdoit1982
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:59 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby letsdoit1982 » Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:48 pm

The combination of the economy and IU's jump in US News has made things ridiculous.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:28 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:The combination of the economy and IU's jump in US News has made things ridiculous.


Had I applied a month and a half earlier I think i'd be in already w/ the 45k...it's crazy that just 45 days can make such a big difference!

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:44 pm

Slimpee wrote:
letsdoit1982 wrote:The combination of the economy and IU's jump in US News has made things ridiculous.


Had I applied a month and a half earlier I think i'd be in already w/ the 45k...it's crazy that just 45 days can make such a big difference!


When did you apply?

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby crm » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Slimpee wrote:
letsdoit1982 wrote:The combination of the economy and IU's jump in US News has made things ridiculous.


Had I applied a month and a half earlier I think i'd be in already w/ the 45k...it's crazy that just 45 days can make such a big difference!


Agreed! I think I didn't even go complete until second week of January...it sucks.

Slimpee
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:18 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Slimpee » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:58 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
Slimpee wrote:
letsdoit1982 wrote:The combination of the economy and IU's jump in US News has made things ridiculous.


Had I applied a month and a half earlier I think i'd be in already w/ the 45k...it's crazy that just 45 days can make such a big difference!


When did you apply?


I sent in my app right before Xmas but didn't get the "Complete" email until Jan 25




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”