In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Neil

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Neil » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:45 pm

Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I generally like hippies. But only the peaceful, Chong-like hippies. Not the murdering, crazy hippies.

Hippies piss me off sometimes. Your protest isn't fixing the problem hippie.

Cartman hijacked Butters's computer?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Neil wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I generally like hippies. But only the peaceful, Chong-like hippies. Not the murdering, crazy hippies.

Hippies piss me off sometimes. Your protest isn't fixing the problem hippie.

Cartman hijacked Butters's computer?

haha, just for a moment. Although, Butters never seems too opinionated, so for all we know he could agree with cartman.

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:21 pm

Got the WL letter from IU today. 163/4.0 OOS. Wouldn't have gone anyway. IU seems terribly overrated.

tsub

Postby tsub » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:28 pm

kboulder wrote:
tsub wrote:
scionb4 wrote:I think that an ulcer has been forming since my interview waiting for them to give me an answer.

That sucks. I received my waitlist letter this week and I have my interview Saturday. I wonder how much it's going to matter though...

Where do you have the interview? I had mine last week. So there are multiple interviews?

Yeah there are multiple interview sites. From what I read, they interview in DC, Indianapolis, and Chicago (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm interviewing in DC. How did your interview go? Did you hear anything back before the day like I did?

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:31 pm

shawty18ga wrote:Got the WL letter from IU today. 163/4.0 OOS. Wouldn't have gone anyway. IU seems terribly overrated.

I'm kind of tired of people playing this "overrated" card for IUB. Isn't it a well established fact that past the T20 everything (generally speaking) is based on regional preference?

If you want Boston you go to BC. If you want Indianapolis or whatever, you go to IUB. Whether the school is 23 or 30 it doesn't make a difference...

(bitter admitted student trying to talk himself into maybe attending)

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm

shawty18ga wrote:Got the WL letter from IU today. 163/4.0 OOS. Wouldn't have gone anyway. IU seems terribly overrated.

People seem to be using IU's rank against them. Would you have gone there if they were still ranked 36th and not over-ranked? If not, then the overrated claim is invalid.

Edit: Veritas got to this just before I did.
Last edited by Vincent Vega on Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 pm

Halibut6 wrote:

People seem to be using IU's rank against them. Would you have gone there if they were still ranked 36th and not over-ranked? If not, then the overrated claim is invalid.

haha <3

Sg017

Postby Sg017 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Congrats to everyone making it in to iu. I have a question, how much of a boost do you think a solid interview gives an applicant? I interviewed last weekend and have high hopes of an acceptance but I saw on a thread that a 168/3.00 was waitlisted.

Also I am an iu alum and have spent a lot of time in btown so if you have any questions about the town I'll be happy to try and answer!

letsdoit1982

Postby letsdoit1982 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:37 pm

This is getting ridiculous. IU is either trying their hardest to make another massive stride in U.S. News, or they are getting an unprecedented influx of applicants with outstanding numbers.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Sg017 wrote:Congrats to everyone making it in to iu. I have a question, how much of a boost do you think a solid interview gives an applicant? I interviewed last weekend and have high hopes of an acceptance but I saw on a thread that a 168/3.00 was waitlisted.

Also I am an iu alum and have spent a lot of time in btown so if you have any questions about the town I'll be happy to try and answer!

I guess it depends. If they asked you for an interview in the first place, that means they are at least considering you. With borderline numbers and a killer interview, on top of an IU bachelors degree, you probably have a pretty good shot. There's really not enough information out there about the interview process to have a really good guess, though.

Sg017

Postby Sg017 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:44 pm

Thanks halibut. I'm anxious to get a response from the
but I'm sure it will take a while. Is anyone planning on attending looking at the summer start?

j.wellington

Postby j.wellington » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:48 pm

I applied in mid-December with all materials and just got my "complete" e-mail two days ago. Is it just me or is that a really long lag? I don't even really want to go there and only applied because they sent me a fee waiver. I'm considering withdrawing.

letsdoit1982

Postby letsdoit1982 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

Sg017 wrote:Thanks halibut. I'm anxious to get a response from the
but I'm sure it will take a while. Is anyone planning on attending looking at the summer start?

When is the summer start. I know it's in July sometime, right?

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:49 pm

I too dislike Manson-esque Hippies. And most other forms. Get a job, hippy!

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:52 pm

I would attend if they gave me a fat scholarship. Otherwise, no. There are going to be a lot of students going to IUB in the next couple of years expecting to have the opportunities afforded to those at similarly-ranked schools, and they may be disappointed. I will grant that IU is a good school, just not worth all the hype. I also have a distaste for Alabama because they are doing the same thing, so it's nothing personal with IUB.

To those of you who got in, congrats, especially if you are got $. Solid school, I just don't think it deserves its ranking.

Sg017

Postby Sg017 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:
Sg017 wrote:Thanks halibut. I'm anxious to get a response from the

When is the summer start. I know it's in July sometime, right?

Their FAQ page just says early July through early august. Seems like a good idea, gotta get admitted first tho!

katie89

Postby katie89 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:06 pm

ccs1702 wrote:
katie89 wrote:I live in Indianapolis and one of my friends have been accepted to IU in bloomington, it doesn't seem too difficult to be accepted there. Bloomington is an awesome town btw, it has a very large 'hippie' population.

Why is that? Is your friend not very smart? Also, I would think that a large hippie population would adversely affect a town's awesomeness, but maybe it's just me.

No hes pretty smart, but I consider him relatively below par. I'm actually not a fan of hippies either but they are generally non-violent and peaceful which creates a nice atmosphere. I also enjoy the privately owned restaurants and stores there.

Zapatero

Postby Zapatero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:10 pm

katie89 wrote:
ccs1702 wrote:
katie89 wrote:I live in Indianapolis and one of my friends have been accepted to IU in bloomington, it doesn't seem too difficult to be accepted there. Bloomington is an awesome town btw, it has a very large 'hippie' population.

Why is that? Is your friend not very smart? Also, I would think that a large hippie population would adversely affect a town's awesomeness, but maybe it's just me.

No hes pretty smart, but I consider him relatively below par. I'm actually not a fan of hippies either but they are generally non-violent and peaceful which creates a nice atmosphere. I also enjoy the privately owned restaurants and stores there.

Are you applying to law schools?

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:13 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. IU is either trying their hardest to make another massive stride in U.S. News, or they are getting an unprecedented influx of applicants with outstanding numbers.

One is mutually exclusive of the other?

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:15 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
letsdoit1982 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. IU is either trying their hardest to make another massive stride in U.S. News, or they are getting an unprecedented influx of applicants with outstanding numbers.

One is mutually exclusive of the other?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_dilemma

BiteyTLS

Postby BiteyTLS » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:06 pm

shawty18ga wrote:I would attend if they gave me a fat scholarship. Otherwise, no. There are going to be a lot of students going to IUB in the next couple of years expecting to have the opportunities afforded to those at similarly-ranked schools, and they may be disappointed. I will grant that IU is a good school, just not worth all the hype. I also have a distaste for Alabama because they are doing the same thing, so it's nothing personal with IUB.

To those of you who got in, congrats, especially if you are got $. Solid school, I just don't think it deserves its ranking.

This is rich stuff. For all this "I wouldn't consider attending IU" rhetoric, it sounds as if you have narrowed your choice down to full tuition at Georgia or the ride from the festering toilet of Stetson. Those aren't exactly great options and certainly don't put you in the haughty position of criticizing those with money/full-rides at a T25.

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:14 pm

BiteyTLS wrote:
shawty18ga wrote:I would attend if they gave me a fat scholarship. Otherwise, no. There are going to be a lot of students going to IUB in the next couple of years expecting to have the opportunities afforded to those at similarly-ranked schools, and they may be disappointed. I will grant that IU is a good school, just not worth all the hype. I also have a distaste for Alabama because they are doing the same thing, so it's nothing personal with IUB.

This is rich stuff. For all this "I wouldn't consider attending IU" rhetoric, it sounds as if you have narrowed your choice down to full tuition at Georgia or the ride from the festering toilet of Stetson. Those aren't exactly great options and certainly don't put you in the haughty position of criticizing those with money/full-rides at a T25.

Whoa there, sir/maam. First of all, what makes you think UGA isn't a great school? From what I've seen, it beats IU in every way except the rankings. And where did you get that I was criticizing those who got full rides at IUB? I said congrats to those people. I said I would consider attending IU if given a big scholarship. I wouldn't go there because I consider UGA to be its equal at the very least, and I get in-state tuition there. Why don't you learn how to read?

shawty18ga

Postby shawty18ga » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:25 pm

Oh btw, ad hominem for real dude. Abusive or circumstantial? Anyways, doesn't change that IUB is overrated.

letsdoit1982

Postby letsdoit1982 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Does anyone know what exactly the reason was for IU's jump in the rankings? Did it have to do with the Maurer donation?

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:04 pm

letsdoit1982 wrote:Does anyone know what exactly the reason was for IU's jump in the rankings? Did it have to do with the Maurer donation?

Well, you have to look at the raw scores. I think IU only jumped from 61 to 65 in Raw Score, but (with ties) that moved them up a whopping 13 spots.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”