In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vincent Vega

Silver

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:37 pm

I haven't heard one way or the other, so I guess I'm in limbo. I expected to be rejected by now.

PS 1000th post. Still woefully insignificant compared to Veritas.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:38 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I haven't heard one way or the other, so I guess I'm in limbo. I expected to be rejected by now.

PS 1000th post. Still woefully insignificant compared to Veritas.
+1, it would be sweet to be classmates there, though.

letsdoit1982

Bronze

Post by letsdoit1982 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Anyone else notice that IU's application is kind of unusual? I just applied today, and it seems like they tried to have applicants squeeze their resume onto the application as opposed to just having them include a resume. Did many of you find that you had to include attachments so that you could fully answer questions?

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 pm

I think that an ulcer has been forming since my interview waiting for them to give me an answer.

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:56 pm

scionb4 wrote:I think that an ulcer has been forming since my interview waiting for them to give me an answer.

That sucks. I received my waitlist letter this week and I have my interview Saturday. I wonder how much it's going to matter though...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:01 pm

Good luck to all! What are the odds that you will be attending if you get in?

scionb4

Silver

Post by scionb4 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:06 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Good luck to all! What are the odds that you will be attending if you get in?
90% It would only be due to outside circumstances (ie, the gf) if I didn't go there. Or a massive, and I mean MASSIVE, scholarship offer from Pitt, Case, or Denver. But even then, I would rather be at IU. It's the highest ranked school I applied to (except for Illinois, which its tied with and I didn't get in there.) Anyway, yeah, if I get in I'm pretty much there come August.

kboulder

New

Post by kboulder » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:21 pm

tsub wrote:
scionb4 wrote:I think that an ulcer has been forming since my interview waiting for them to give me an answer.

That sucks. I received my waitlist letter this week and I have my interview Saturday. I wonder how much it's going to matter though...

Where do you have the interview? I had mine last week. So there are multiple interviews?

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:29 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Good luck to all! What are the odds that you will be attending if you get in?
100% - just gimme your scholarship, heh.

Actually, at this point, I'd just like to hear something from IU.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:35 pm

Veritas wrote: :lol: we haven't got it all that bad:
lol, you don't have to show office buildings for San Diego:
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:40 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Well, for those of us going to IU, this is what we have to look forward to:
so, its not California, but it isn't that bad right?
--ImageRemoved--
--ImageRemoved--

lawhawk

Bronze

Post by lawhawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:42 pm

please quit posting pics of southern california. You're making us all second guess ourselves haha.

Plus, I'm in North Carolina where it's supposed to be warm (right?) and it is freezing rain with snow on the ground. ugh

najumobi

Silver

Post by najumobi » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:00 am

lawhawk wrote:please quit posting pics of southern california. You're making us all second guess ourselves haha.

Plus, I'm in North Carolina where it's supposed to be warm (right?) and it is freezing rain with snow on the ground. ugh
lol....i'm in nc too..i actually think it's been a mild winter so far. in any case, we normally get a good amount of the 4 seasons so the current weather is about right.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:30 am

najumobi wrote:
lawhawk wrote:please quit posting pics of southern california. You're making us all second guess ourselves haha.

lol....i'm in nc too..i actually think it's been a mild winter so far. in any case, we normally get a good amount of the 4 seasons so the current weather is about right.
Same with NC. I went outside this morning expecting sunshine and melting snow after yesterday, but I was greeted with a good amount of sleet falling from the sky. I'd prefer snow to sleet.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 am

superflush wrote:so, its not California, but it isn't that bad right?
Right. IU actually has a gorgeous campus, at least in the summer. I've never been there in the winter, at least until this weekend, but I've spent a good amount of time there in the warm months, and it is quite an attractive campus. If you get about a mile outside the city, though, it's pretty bleak.

katie89

New

Post by katie89 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:43 am

I live in Indianapolis and one of my friends have been accepted to IU in bloomington, it doesn't seem too difficult to be accepted there. Bloomington is an awesome town btw, it has a very large 'hippie' population.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:46 am

katie89 wrote:I live in Indianapolis and one of my friends have been accepted to IU in bloomington, it doesn't seem too difficult to be accepted there. Bloomington is an awesome town btw, it has a very large 'hippie' population.
It's not as hard as HYS, sure, but it's clearly not a breeze. The common LSAT cutoff is 164, which is ~90th percentile. Therefore, only 10 percent of LSAT takers can reasonably expect to be accepted at IU. hth

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

katie89

New

Post by katie89 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 am

Halibut6 wrote:
katie89 wrote:I live in Indianapolis and one of my friends have been accepted to IU in bloomington, it doesn't seem too difficult to be accepted there. Bloomington is an awesome town btw, it has a very large 'hippie' population.
It's not as hard as HYS, sure, but it's clearly not a breeze. The common LSAT cutoff is 164, which is 90th percentile. Therefore, only 10 percent of LSAT takers can reasonably expect to be accepted at IU. hth
True. Not a breeze, but relatively.. I was thinking my friends lsat was lower than that actually.

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:51 am

Why is that? Is your friend not very smart? Also, I would think that a large hippie population would adversely affect a town's awesomeness, but maybe it's just me.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:00 am

I generally like hippies. But only the peaceful, Chong-like hippies. Not the murdering, crazy hippies.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:01 am

Halibut6 wrote:I generally like hippies. But only the peaceful, Chong-like hippies. Not the murdering, crazy hippies.
Hippies piss me off sometimes. Your protest isn't fixing the problem hippie.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Jockin Jay-Z

Bronze

Post by Jockin Jay-Z » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:55 am

BiteyTLS wrote:
charlesjd wrote:
BiteyTLS wrote:

The 164 line will still be pretty clear, though. They really want to improve that 25th. It looks pretty bad right now.

didn't get fuzzier last year.
http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/sta ... Cycle=0910
Does anyone know how much yield is up?

You have to wonder why IU-B is so concerned with GPAs rather than LSAT scores. It was my understanding that having high LSAT medians are the best way to increase News&Review rankings. GPAs are a dime a dozen.

Instead IU-B has become Washington of St. Louis Indiana-section for GPAs.
This is very interesting. I guess it would be smart for a school to concentrate on both spectrums. If you read IU's strategic plan, they seem pretty serious about moving up in the rankings.
Do you got a link to the strategic plan? Might be a interesting read.
http://www.law.indiana.edu/about/strategic-plan.shtml

badwithpseudonyms

Silver

Post by badwithpseudonyms » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:28 am

Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I generally like hippies. But only the peaceful, Chong-like hippies. Not the murdering, crazy hippies.
+1 x *arbitrary large number*

I am facebook friends with this kid from my hometown who spent the entirety of the G20 uploading videos and pictures of all the "police brutality" and shit. If I was English, I would have called him a wanker.

EDIT: He wasn't so much a hippie as a hipster. But they both get on my nerves after awhile.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:30 pm

badwithpseudonyms wrote:
Veritas wrote:
+1 x *arbitrary large number*

I am facebook friends with this kid from my hometown who spent the entirety of the G20 uploading videos and pictures of all the "police brutality" and shit. If I was English, I would have called him a wanker.

EDIT: He wasn't so much a hippie as a hipster. But they both get on my nerves after awhile.
<3 we def should be friends.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm

:( I like hippies, especially the peaceful anarchist kind. You know, they play music in an old abandoned storefront with low ceilings, and pray to Noam Chomsky at night. I'm more at the bridge position between their kind and the rest of society.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”