In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
charlesjd
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:28 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby charlesjd » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:46 pm

BiteyTLS wrote:

The 164 line will still be pretty clear, though. They really want to improve that 25th. It looks pretty bad right now.

didn't get fuzzier last year.
http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/sta ... Cycle=0910


Does anyone know how much yield is up?

You have to wonder why IU-B is so concerned with GPAs rather than LSAT scores. It was my understanding that having high LSAT medians are the best way to increase News&Review rankings. GPAs are a dime a dozen.

Instead IU-B has become Washington of St. Louis Indiana-section for GPAs.


This is very interesting. I guess it would be smart for a school to concentrate on both spectrums. If you read IU's strategic plan, they seem pretty serious about moving up in the rankings.

User avatar
BiteyTLS
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby BiteyTLS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:50 pm

charlesjd wrote:
BiteyTLS wrote:

The 164 line will still be pretty clear, though. They really want to improve that 25th. It looks pretty bad right now.

didn't get fuzzier last year.
http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/sta ... Cycle=0910


Does anyone know how much yield is up?

You have to wonder why IU-B is so concerned with GPAs rather than LSAT scores. It was my understanding that having high LSAT medians are the best way to increase News&Review rankings. GPAs are a dime a dozen.

Instead IU-B has become Washington of St. Louis Indiana-section for GPAs.


This is very interesting. I guess it would be smart for a school to concentrate on both spectrums. If you read IU's strategic plan, they seem pretty serious about moving up in the rankings.


Do you got a link to the strategic plan? Might be a interesting read.

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby lawhawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Based on available information I'm really not sure how you guys decided that IU is so concerned with GPAs. According to LSN only 1 (that's right 1) person with a 164+ got rejected. He had a 165 and had a criminal record. Some of the GPA's they let in were absolutely dismal...

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:01 pm

lawhawk wrote:Based on available information I'm really not sure how you guys decided that IU is so concerned with GPAs. According to LSN only 1 (that's right 1) person with a 164+ got rejected. He had a 165 and had a criminal record. Some of the GPA's they let in were absolutely dismal...


Ahh, so they are going the UVA route. Let in splitters on either side to create the illusion of a well-balanced LSAT/GPA class.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm

waitlisted yesterday via snail mail

165/3.3

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:03 pm

When I talk about IU's emphasis on GPA I mean in terms of scholarships. Like I said before, a 164/4.0 gets a full ride at Indiana, while a 170/3.2 would be lucky to get $10k/year.

Just having a 164 is good enough to get you into IU in most cases, but most people who end up enrolling are the ones who get money, and that is only going to people with great GPAs.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 pm

Why can't IUB be located in Santa Barbara?

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:07 pm

What's a Santa Barbara?

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?


america's answer to the french riviera

Image

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:10 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?


america's answer to the french riviera

Image


Ooh....

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:11 pm

Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?

srsly?
Image

I guess anywhere in CA would be good, but SB preferably.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:12 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?


america's answer to the french riviera

Image


Yes, it is really nice there, though I'd say further up the coast is even more beautiful and contrasty, but that's because it's so untouched.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:13 pm

i thought about using that pic too but is awfully big

User avatar
reasonabledoubt
Posts: 516
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby reasonabledoubt » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?

srsly?
Image

I guess anywhere in CA would be good, but SB preferably.


This is beautiful. I think if professor Jack Black set up a law school tent on this beach and recited nothing but Aristotle, it would still be worthy of consideration.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:20 pm

I've never been to California. In fact, the farthest west I've ever been is Austin, TX, and that was in October. Before that, the farthest west I'd been was St. Louis.

User avatar
Sauer Grapes
Posts: 1222
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:02 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Sauer Grapes » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:21 pm

....
Last edited by Sauer Grapes on Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?

srsly?


I guess anywhere in CA would be good, but SB preferably.

I would be PSYCHed to live there!


guess ill just sit here and soak in all of the jealousy

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby lawhawk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:22 pm

Halibut6 wrote:When I talk about IU's emphasis on GPA I mean in terms of scholarships. Like I said before, a 164/4.0 gets a full ride at Indiana, while a 170/3.2 would be lucky to get $10k/year.

Just having a 164 is good enough to get you into IU in most cases, but most people who end up enrolling are the ones who get money, and that is only going to people with great GPAs.



+1 youright.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:25 pm

sdegarmo wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:What's a Santa Barbara?

srsly?


I guess anywhere in CA would be good, but SB preferably.

I would be PSYCHed to live there!


guess ill just sit here and soak in all of the jealousy

:lol: we haven't got it all that bad:
Image

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:27 pm

Well, for those of us going to IU, this is what we have to look forward to:
Image

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:28 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Well, for those of us going to IU, this is what we have to look forward to:
Image

:|

so you've really never been West of Austin? That's crazy! You need to come out to CA, it's lovely.

User avatar
S de Garmeaux
Posts: 434
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby S de Garmeaux » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

Veritas wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:Well, for those of us going to IU, this is what we have to look forward to:

:|

so you've really never been West of Austin? That's crazy! You need to come out to CA, it's lovely.



but bring lots of monies because there are tax trolls everywhere

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:29 pm

One of the very few decisions I have yet to get is from UC Berkeley. In the incredibly unlikely chance that I get in I would consider rescinding my commitment from IU. But other than that I'll probably be waiting until after LS to get out to CA.

User avatar
BiteyTLS
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:37 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby BiteyTLS » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:33 pm

Halibut6 wrote:One of the very few decisions I have yet to get is from UC Berkeley. In the incredibly unlikely chance that I get in I would consider rescinding my commitment from IU. But other than that I'll probably be waiting until after LS to get out to CA.


Don't do it! Luxuries (such as CA weather) once tasted become necessities.

User avatar
Veritas
Posts: 2722
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:50 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Veritas » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:35 pm

Halibut6 wrote:One of the very few decisions I have yet to get is from UC Berkeley. In the incredibly unlikely chance that I get in I would consider rescinding my commitment from IU. But other than that I'll probably be waiting until after LS to get out to CA.

I'm still waiting on Berk too! Did you make FR or are you just in limbo with me?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, brinicolec, BruiseWillis, christinaxcarrie, Google Adsense [Bot], lillawyer2, potterotter, reydingo and 15 guests