In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
antler

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby antler » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:55 am

Halibut6 wrote:
antler wrote:In today! Very happy to see the Priority Mail envelope when I opened my mailbox. $10k/yr. 164/3.37 and went complete on 11/30.

In-state? Thinking about attending?

No, I'm out of state (sadly, because I could really use that in-state tuition rate!). I'm very fond of Bloomington so I'm definitely interested in attending. Also, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a scholarship with my numbers, so that adds some extra appeal. I hope to make it to the ASD...but we'll see. I'm interested to hear about your (and RTOTA38's) visit in a couple weeks. Please be sure to share any impressions you have about the school!

sbtb123

Postby sbtb123 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:33 pm

In via priority mail with handwritten note from dean of admissions!
Last edited by sbtb123 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Estrellas

Postby Estrellas » Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:20 pm

In with a 10k scholarship. Not too shabby.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:47 pm

sbtb123 wrote:In via priority mail with handwritten note from dean of admissions citing Teach for America as a huge plus. 155/ 3.78/ non-URM

Wow unbelievable job getting in and a great job for even applying!

Jockin Jay-Z

Postby Jockin Jay-Z » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:33 pm

I applied over the Christmas holidays. I have a 3.81 and a 167. What are my chances at a full ride from OOS?

reasonabledoubt

Postby reasonabledoubt » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:34 pm

lawhawk wrote:
sbtb123 wrote:In via priority mail with handwritten note from dean of admissions citing Teach for America as a huge plus. 155/ 3.78/ non-URM

Wow unbelievable job getting in and a great job for even applying!

Holistic! +1 for IUB.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:16 am

Jockin Jay-Z wrote:I applied over the Christmas holidays. I have a 3.81 and a 167. What are my chances at a full ride from OOS?

I think your odds are rather high. I don't know what applying late in the cycle will do to your odds, though.

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
Jockin Jay-Z wrote:I applied over the Christmas holidays. I have a 3.81 and a 167. What are my chances at a full ride from OOS?

I think your odds are rather high. I don't know what applying late in the cycle will do to your odds, though.

+1.

I just wanted to say that I think what IU is doing is sheer genius. At a time when everyone (especially people who would be borderline T14 applicants paying sticker in a normal cycle) is freaking out over jobs and debt, IU is removing all of the worry for them (us). Full rides with almost no strings? This has got to be a winning formula. Probably why apps are up 54% this cycle. Admittedly, I'm no expert on the USNWR rankings, (I think they're bs) but what's a better way to cement your new spot? I mean, isn't that pretty much what WUSTL did? The lack of GPA requirement (if that's the case) on the scholarships might ease the level of competition (unlike at WUSTL, where it is claimed to be rather high).

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:30 pm

If you needed another reason to choose IU-B. We'd all be less than three hours away from Bardstown, Kentucky (Bourbon Capital of the World) and host of the of the World Bourbon Fest in September.

I'm sold.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:32 pm

Bourbon gets me drunk very quickly. Much more quickly than others with similar alcohol content. I have no clue why this happens.

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:37 pm

Halibut6 wrote:Bourbon gets me drunk very quickly. Much more quickly than others with similar alcohol content. I have no clue why this happens.

That seems to be a question not worth investigating, just appreciating (from a man drinking Bourbon). Oh and, ditto.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:13 am

Must not be a lot going on in IU admissions early this week.

84Sunbird2000

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:24 am

Do you think 166/3.75 (plus WE) would have a decent shot at a full-ride? I've been under the impression it would be, and the no-strings nature of IUB's schollies makes it ever so attractive. Still, I only applied last week, so that could work against me.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:29 am

I have not personally seen any sub-3.8's get full scholarships, but this is all self-reported on TLS and LSN, so it's possible. Your LSAT is definitely good enough to qualify. The jury's still out on timing of scholarship dispersement, since they are giving more money out this year than ever before. They might still have a few mill in the bank to hand out.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:40 am

Halibut6 wrote:The jury's still out on timing of scholarship dispersement, since they are giving more money out this year than ever before. They might still have a few mill in the bank to hand out.

I sure hope so, almost everyone I have seen with numbers similar to mine has received at least 10k.

Maybe I am jumping the gun though... lets get an acceptance first. :lol:

Chelios

Postby Chelios » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:17 pm

Got an email about half an hour ago; I'm in :D

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I have not personally seen any sub-3.8's get full scholarships, but this is all self-reported on TLS and LSN, so it's possible. Your LSAT is definitely good enough to qualify. The jury's still out on timing of scholarship dispersement, since they are giving more money out this year than ever before. They might still have a few mill in the bank to hand out.

One sub 3.8 with a full ride here.

Slimpee

Postby Slimpee » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:32 pm

I applied to IUB just before Xmas. I got a "received" email 1/4 and just got a "complete" email 1/25...did it take that long for the rest of you?

(other people w/ my numbers have gotten in w/ some money, FWIW)

RMstratosphere

Postby RMstratosphere » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:36 pm

Chelios wrote:Got an email about half an hour ago; I'm in :D

Congratulations! Hope you'll be joining the TLS contingent of Spring Law Day.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:03 pm

Congrats! When did you go complete? Mind sharing your numbers?

jaskat

Postby jaskat » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:07 pm

I didn't know they emailed decisions...

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:08 pm

Slimpee wrote:I applied to IUB just before Xmas. I got a "received" email 1/4 and just got a "complete" email 1/25...did it take that long for the rest of you?

No, but their apps are up 50%. It was two months from my complete email to my acceptance. (11/20 to 1/20)

rachelemmalyn

Postby rachelemmalyn » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Slimpee wrote:I applied to IUB just before Xmas. I got a "received" email 1/4 and just got a "complete" email 1/25...did it take that long for the rest of you?

+1 Received 12/21; Complete 1/25

Chelios

Postby Chelios » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:12 pm

jaskat wrote:

I didn't know they emailed decisions...

Yeah, it was a little strange---didn't read like an official acceptance, but it was clear I've been accepted. I'll copy/paste:

January 27, 2010

Dear XXXXXXX:

Congratulations, and welcome to the Indiana University Maurer School of Law Class of 2013!

As an alumna of the Law School, I can personally attest to the challenging and rewarding experience that awaits you. The environment at Indiana Law encourages individual success -- but not at the expense of someone else's failure:

Our student body is dynamic and diverse, yet supportive and helpful. As you walk through our halls, you will see a diverse and talented group of men and women socializing, sharing ideas, working in clinics, leading student organizations, or participating on moot court teams.

Our talented faculty is both accomplished and accessible, dedicated to sharing their knowledge and insights with you, both in and out of class.

Our distinguished alumni live and practice all over the world and stand ready to advise and mentor you as you chart your chosen career path.
In 2003, I became the first graduate in modern times to serve as dean of Indiana Law. When I accepted the position, I made a commitment to the community to keep improving all that we do while retaining our tradition of collegiality in a mutually supportive environment. All of us -- faculty, staff, and administration -- are committed to helping you succeed and make the most of a first-rate legal education.

I very much hope that you will become part of the Indiana University Maurer School of Law community. I invite you to view the following video and learn a bit more about the school. I look forward to welcoming you soon.

With best wishes,

Sincerely,

Lauren K. Robel, JD '83
Dean and Val Nolan Professor of Law

badwithpseudonyms

Postby badwithpseudonyms » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:16 pm

I received that as well, but my package arrived last week. Maybe a glitch/time gap in the system.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”