In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
RMstratosphere

Bronze

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by RMstratosphere » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:47 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
pmomnie wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.
Have you thought about submitting your IU scholarship to UIUC and asking them to match it. Schools like Wisc, MN, IU, UIUC and Iowa are often willing to match/reconsider scholarships?

I just sent a letter asking one of these schools to match the full ride of another.

EDIT: I guess if you like IU better then there's no real point...
Like you said there's not a big point for me to do that for Illinois, but I plan on leveraging my RA position at Iowa for a stipend at IU.
Please keep us posted on this!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
pmomnie wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Seriously. I got this news when I got home from having my wisdom teeth removed today and it bummed me out. Honestly I like IU better than UIUC anyway, but a similar scholly offer from them would have been nice. It's actually quite refreshing to know that I'm 90 percent sure that I'm going to IU, though.
Have you thought about submitting your IU scholarship to UIUC and asking them to match it. Schools like Wisc, MN, IU, UIUC and Iowa are often willing to match/reconsider scholarships?

I just sent a letter asking one of these schools to match the full ride of another.

EDIT: I guess if you like IU better then there's no real point...
Like you said there's not a big point for me to do that for Illinois, but I plan on leveraging my RA position at Iowa for a stipend at IU.
Please keep us posted on this!
Will do.

Also, I am putting down a refundable deposit on a fairly nice 2-BR apartment soon. Not to sound like a creeper, but if anyone is interested in taking the other room, PM me. It would be ~500/person plus ~50/person for utilities. If anyone has ever described you as "creepy" or "weird" you need not respond.

Edit: I am a straight male. I will not room with a female. Thx.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:02 am

Similarly- I'm looking for a twenty something, blonde, preferably married, who's has a sense of pity to split a hotel room with me for Spring Law Day. I'm willing to throw in a box of Franzia if need be. PM with photos.

BearDownChicago

New

Post by BearDownChicago » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:09 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I got in at Illinois today with $30k total. That puts me one step closed to committing to Indiana. The final two contenders are BU and GW.
I've been waiting for an opportunity to say this, not sure if this is the right one- but, fuck Illinois.
+ a lot

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:30 am

RMstratosphere wrote:I'm willing to throw in a box of Franzia if need be.
Classy.

I'm quite serious about my offer though. One person has already contacted me about it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Classy.

I'm quite serious about my offer though. One person has already contacted me about it.
look at you with your new fancy tar!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:32 am

:)

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Classy.

My apologies. Certainly didn't intend to demean your post. Just tryin' to get laid.

Edit: Laid cheaply.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:48 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
Classy.

My apologies. Certainly didn't intend to demean your post. Just tryin' to get laid.

Edit: Laid cheaply.
No, I def. understand. Good luck with that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:54 pm

I'm going on a tour at IU in a couple weeks. Anyone have anything they want me to look into or ask?

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:08 pm

Halibut6 wrote:I'm going on a tour at IU in a couple weeks. Anyone have anything they want me to look into or ask?
Thank you for asking.
1) Do they reimburse or provide a travel stipend for Spring Law Day?
2) What exactly do we have to do to renew schollys? Just pass?
3) When will the Hoosiers win the NCAA tournament again?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:26 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:I'm going on a tour at IU in a couple weeks. Anyone have anything they want me to look into or ask?
Thank you for asking.
Will do. I've looked at what the Big Ten experts say, and it seems like they are going to be very strong in 2 years or so. Like preseason top-10 good.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Thank you for asking.
Will do. I've looked at what the Big Ten experts say, and it seems like they are going to be very strong in 2 years or so. Like preseason top-10 good.
hahahaha

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:24 pm

Panther7 wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Thank you for asking.
hahahaha
Why the laughter? http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... bb&yr=2009

BiteyTLS

New

Post by BiteyTLS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:12 pm

Granted Creek went down with an injury, but the team looks pretty terrible right now. Rivers is a terrible ball-hog that can't shoot. Hulls, a top recruit, hasn't shown much of anything. The bigs are unathletic white guys that seem to be unable to shoot or pound the ball down low. Christian Watford is the lone bright spot. Kid is really good, he is going to be a player of the year candidate in the Big 12.

I can see them being fringe Top 25 in a few years, but this year and the next look pretty bleak.
Last edited by BiteyTLS on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sg017

New

Post by Sg017 » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:18 pm

With a post like that I question if you are Hoosier material. True Hoosiers are eternally optimistic! Go iu, fight fight fight!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:26 pm

This year's team is extremely young. I didn't say they'd be great next year, but I am very optimistic for their chances in 2-3 years, when this year's freshmen are seniors. Additionally, it has been said that Josh Selby, the #4 recruit in the country right now, is leaning toward IU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... elby-54917

Again, I'm not saying they're going to be the next Kentucky, but I think they'll be a serious contender for the Big Ten crowd in the next couple years.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:29 pm

Granted, they looked bad against both Ohio State and Michigan on the road, but you can easily chalk that up to inconsistency from the young players. They haven't completely bought into Crean's system yet, but if they do, there's no reason they can't be an elite team down the road.

BiteyTLS

New

Post by BiteyTLS » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Halibut6 wrote:This year's team is extremely young. I didn't say they'd be great next year, but I am very optimistic for their chances in 2-3 years, when this year's freshmen are seniors. Additionally, it has been said that Josh Selby, the #4 recruit in the country right now, is leaning toward IU.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball ... elby-54917

Again, I'm not saying they're going to be the next Kentucky, but I think they'll be a serious contender for the Big Ten crowd in the next couple years.
I was under the impression that Shelby is going to end up at Kentucky. Could be wrong.

What IU needs is a big . Both the 2010 and 2011 classes are full of good combo guards and small forwards, but I have yet to see a real dominant big prospect.

Future remains murky. Although, Creek and Watford make a pretty compelling case for a bright future a few years down the line.
Last edited by BiteyTLS on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:37 pm

Selby could definitely end up at UK. He's also being recruited by KU and Arizona, but it looks like IU is in his top four, which is a good sign even if they don't land Selby.

Long story short, they'll be lucky to finish within a couple games of .500 in the Big Ten this year, but I think they'll be a contender soon.

Panther7

Bronze

Post by Panther7 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 am

Halibut6 wrote:
Panther7 wrote:
Halibut6 wrote: Will do. I've looked at what the Big Ten experts say, and it seems like they are going to be very strong in 2 years or so. Like preseason top-10 good.
hahahaha
Why the laughter? http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p= ... bb&yr=2009
because it's indiana...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sanpiero

Silver

Post by sanpiero » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:05 am

the hoosiers might crack the T25 at some point next season with more experience under their belts. the 2011-12 and 2012-13 years will be even better if Creek and Watford stick around. the 2010 recruiting class doesn't look bad so far with Oladipo and Sheehey but as the PP said, they need to add size. Hopefully Hulls improves markedly over the next couple years

All said, i like where we're headed

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:22 am

RMstratosphere wrote:1) Do they reimburse or provide a travel stipend for Spring Law Day?
They didn't specify anything with their offer?

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:16 am

superflush wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:1) Do they reimburse or provide a travel stipend for Spring Law Day?
They didn't specify anything with their offer?
Something about maintaining satisfactory progress. I quoted it earlier in the thread (too lazy to search). I guessed that just mean passing all classes?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:58 pm

Yeah, I felt it was pretty vague, too. If indeed there are no real strings attached, it makes Indiana by far my most lucrative offer. No GPA/rank requirement=no section stacking=higher GPA, no lost scholarships, better career prospects, higher chance at making LR, etc. etc.

Plus, I love IU.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”