In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
traehekat

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:07 pm

Threepeat wrote:
traehekat wrote:Waitlisted, 164 3.59. Kinda surprised, but I wouldn't have attended without some money (which at this point I wasn't expecting), so no big deal.

Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Sorry man. I was really pulling for you to get in.

Thanks dude, no worries.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:14 pm

traehekat wrote:
Threepeat wrote:
traehekat wrote:Waitlisted, 164 3.59. Kinda surprised, but I wouldn't have attended without some money (which at this point I wasn't expecting), so no big deal.

Sorry man. I was really pulling for you to get in.

Thanks dude, no worries.

:( I thought I was going to get to go to law school with Stephen Colbert.

You Gotta Have Faith

Postby You Gotta Have Faith » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:16 pm

traehekat wrote:Thanks dude, no worries.

:(
you too... That's crazay I say. Maybe they're just doing something really weird for admissions this year in their attempt to climb again in rankings with a more limited budget. Like, maybe they know who wouldn't go there w/o money (okay.. highly unlikely but I hotta think up something). Who knows... *shrugs shoulders*

Jerome

Postby Jerome » Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:37 pm

Bummer. Now fully expecting my WL/rejection any day now. Did it come via e-mail or snail?

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Jerome wrote:

Bummer. Now fully expecting my WL/rejection any day now. Did it come via e-mail or snail?

Snail mail.

You Gotta Have Faith wrote:Like, maybe they know who wouldn't go there w/o money (okay.. highly unlikely but I hotta think up something). Who knows... *shrugs shoulders*

The thought DID cross my mine briefly, seeing as how some of the admissions people over at Wake figured out who I am on here. Plus, I DID mention that I wouldn't attend IUB if it didn't come with some kind of money...

Oh well! At this point its more just about my ego, like, "Oh man, what did I do wrong, IUB?"

labyrinth

Postby labyrinth » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 pm

Has anyone been able to access their email? Imail or Umail or whatever? I'm so confused.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:27 pm

labyrinth wrote:Has anyone been able to access their email? Imail or Umail or whatever? I'm so confused.

I tried and failed. I emailed IT and they said I'm still classified as an applicant, and that I won't be able to access mail until I get changed over to student status. IDK when that will happen.

superflush

Postby superflush » Sat May 01, 2010 1:03 am

labyrinth wrote:Has anyone been able to access their email? Imail or Umail or whatever? I'm so confused.

lol, iMail or uMail. I think IUmail would make more sense.

crm

Postby crm » Mon May 03, 2010 9:35 pm

WL'd. No big deal, going to tOSU anyway! Good Luck next year all!

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Mon May 03, 2010 11:02 pm

Who would have thought I'd go complete at IU and UNC the same day and hear back from UNC (supposedly the slowest staff ever) over 2 months BEFORE IU haha. IU's admissions staff pretty much sealed the deal on this one, even though I still haven't heard back.

Kilpatrick

Postby Kilpatrick » Mon May 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Another day goes by and Indiana remains a complete mystery, four months now since I first applied. This is by far the worst admissions office I've dealt with in this whole process. I hope whoever is in charge over there this year gets fired.

adrib

Postby adrib » Tue May 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Dudes, even Cornell gave me an answer before IUB! My cycle's been over since February 1st, but I'd like an answer for LSN posterity. Is that too much to ask, IUB?

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Tue May 04, 2010 5:04 pm

So I sent in my LOCI pre-decision. Anyone else do this and was it helpful? I will only consider IU-B with substantial money. Does anyone know if they are still offering scholarships this late?

Also, called two weeks ago and got the "you'll have a decision in two weeks" line.

newyorklaw23

Postby newyorklaw23 » Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 pm

Kilpatrick wrote:Another day goes by and Indiana remains a complete mystery, four months now since I first applied. This is by far the worst admissions office I've dealt with in this whole process. I hope whoever is in charge over there this year gets fired.

5 and a half months for me.

If a school cant' make a decision by April 30th, they should just WL everyone who remains. It would be easier for the school to sort through the remainder b/c those who aren't truly interested will drop out fairly quickly.

Vincent Vega

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue May 04, 2010 8:46 pm

newyorklaw23 wrote:
Kilpatrick wrote:Another day goes by and Indiana remains a complete mystery, four months now since I first applied. This is by far the worst admissions office I've dealt with in this whole process. I hope whoever is in charge over there this year gets fired.

5 and a half months for me.

If a school cant' make a decision by April 30th, they should just WL everyone who remains. It would be easier for the school to sort through the remainder b/c those who aren't truly interested will drop out fairly quickly.

I agree with this. It's been six and a half months with me, but for WUSTL. I heard back from IU in six weeks.

mazzini

Postby mazzini » Wed May 05, 2010 11:28 am

Well, after calling and being on hold for 15 minutes while they looked for my file which "appeared to have been lost" I was told that I was sent a letter toward the end of last week indicating my wait list status.

I'm disappointed, was really hoping this one would pan out. 168/3.3 Screw it I'll send my second deposit to Wash U.

futurelawyer413

Postby futurelawyer413 » Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm

damn, woulda thought they can come up with a better excuse than file "being lost", thats so much BS!

missinglink

Postby missinglink » Wed May 05, 2010 12:41 pm

mazzini wrote:Well, after calling and being on hold for 15 minutes while they looked for my file which "appeared to have been lost" I was told that I was sent a letter toward the end of last week indicating my wait list status.

I'm disappointed, was really hoping this one would pan out. 168/3.3 Screw it I'll send my second deposit to Wash U.

Wow. That's some serious weak sauce.

I applied in November. I'm starting to wonder if my file has been 'lost' as well.

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Wed May 05, 2010 2:01 pm

In IUB's defense, they did switch to a brand new system this year, and with the huge increase in applications I'm sure it has been a nightmare for them.

primusux

Postby primusux » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

traehekat wrote:In IUB's defense, they did switch to a brand new system this year, and with the huge increase in applications I'm sure it has been a nightmare for them.

The new system of having applicant files strewn across the floor of the admissions office? (yes speaking from what I saw)

SportsFanatic

Postby SportsFanatic » Wed May 05, 2010 2:23 pm

primusux wrote:
traehekat wrote:In IUB's defense, they did switch to a brand new system this year, and with the huge increase in applications I'm sure it has been a nightmare for them.

The new system of having applicant files strewn across the floor of the admissions office? (yes speaking from what I saw)

I did not have any issues with response time from IU, but I have been waiting on other schools since middle of January. With that being said I think it's just part of the game. There will be some schools that get to you quickly and some that don't. Anyone's app can fall through the cracks at any school, the admissions people are humans and things happen.

lawhawk

Postby lawhawk » Wed May 05, 2010 2:26 pm

IN today via email at 1:15! There's no info on scholly. Will be withdrawing. Good luck to everyone!

Spoonmanners

Postby Spoonmanners » Wed May 05, 2010 7:03 pm

They probably throw out every 5th one to lighten the work load :lol:

HungryHippo

Postby HungryHippo » Thu May 06, 2010 3:35 am

I found the admissions staff friendly and helpful. I applied in January and got the 10 days notice last week. I asked them up front whether all the spots were filled and they told me they were still accepting people. I hope I hear some good news tomorrow........

cavaliers23

Postby cavaliers23 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am

Was accepted off WL yesterday.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”