In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ticklememauve

Bronze

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by ticklememauve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:00 pm

Whitters wrote:
Whitters wrote:I hate to keep complaining, but still nothing. Submitted early January. Mid April just seems crazy.
Spoke too soon, the ding letter was sitting in my mailbox today. Kinda bittersweet because my cycle is now over minus the wait-lists.
Oh no! I was expecting an e-mail, now I'll go back to watching my mailbox. Nothing yet in either.... Sorry Whitters.

klussy

Bronze

Post by klussy » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:19 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
alllucknotalent wrote:I talked to them a couple days ago and they must have a huge stack of applicants...

I applied 3/1 and when I called they said I hadn't even gone complete and they were going to check everything to make sure everything was okay... I have a feeling I won't be hearing from them for awhile...

anyone want to give me what they think my odds are for 2.8/164 fairly strong softs.. i am a property manager of 20 buildings at the age of 22 and I had very obvious things that dragged my gpa down from what should have been 3.1
If you applied in November, you'd have had an acceptance letter by January. Applying that late, though, I don't think the odds are in your favor.

But it's not just those who applied as late as March who are left without a decision. There are many people who applied in early January, post-Dec LSAT, and still haven't heard. I sent an email a week ago and haven't gotten a response. Every other school among the 12 I applied to has rendered a decision quite some time ago. This is unreasonable.

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:36 pm

klussy wrote:But it's not just those who applied as late as March who are left without a decision. There are many people who applied in early January, post-Dec LSAT, and still haven't heard. I sent an email a week ago and haven't gotten a response. Every other school among the 12 I applied to has rendered a decision quite some time ago. This is unreasonable.
+1

ChewbaccaDefense

New

Post by ChewbaccaDefense » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:12 am

Received the admitted e-mail on Friday. Still waiting for the packet. Hopefully it comes today! Not sure if I'll accept, but it's definitely up there on my list.

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:25 am

klussy wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:
alllucknotalent wrote:I talked to them a couple days ago and they must have a huge stack of applicants...

I applied 3/1 and when I called they said I hadn't even gone complete and they were going to check everything to make sure everything was okay... I have a feeling I won't be hearing from them for awhile...

anyone want to give me what they think my odds are for 2.8/164 fairly strong softs.. i am a property manager of 20 buildings at the age of 22 and I had very obvious things that dragged my gpa down from what should have been 3.1
If you applied in November, you'd have had an acceptance letter by January. Applying that late, though, I don't think the odds are in your favor.

But it's not just those who applied as late as March who are left without a decision. There are many people who applied in early January, post-Dec LSAT, and still haven't heard. I sent an email a week ago and haven't gotten a response. Every other school among the 12 I applied to has rendered a decision quite some time ago. This is unreasonable.
I'm in that boat. I applied on 1/16, complete on 1/19, and there are people with my numbers who have a decision and applied after me. I already committed to another school, but I really wanted to have a decision from IUB.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alllucknotalent

New

Post by alllucknotalent » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 pm

I wish I would have taking this process a lot more seriously. I didn't study much for the lsat bc of work/school commitments and due to work/not previously getting LOR's I had to turn in all my applications late..

I am hoping for a waitlist with the 164/2.8 but the options I am weighing are fairly polar. IU and the unlikely Uof I are the only schools that I really haven't eliminated that I applied to (bc I haven't heard from them) other than SIUC. I would much rather go there on a full ride than go to SLU/Depaul/Mizzou and as much as it is looked down on here to speculate, I think my ability to transfer out of SIUC to IU/UofI is better than the schools I eliminated...

I still haven't completely decided on which law interests me most either...

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:00 am

I've committed guys. Debating summer start, but I'll for sure be seeing you in the fall.

jmhallah

New

Post by jmhallah » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:36 pm

deleted
Last edited by jmhallah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

newyorklaw23

New

Post by newyorklaw23 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:51 pm

pretty sure they lost my application.. haha

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

buckmulligan58

New

Post by buckmulligan58 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 pm

jmhallah wrote:If you received an IU admit email recently, what day and time did you receive it? Thanks

I got mine on a Friday at 4ish.

KINGJV61

New

Post by KINGJV61 » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Admitted to IUB on Friday 4/9 via email.
Received Admit Packet on Saturday 4/17.

The acceptance letter was the same as the email.
The acceptance letter did not mention a scholarship.
Does that mean I am out of luck with getting a scholarship or will I receive another letter with the scholly info.

How did everyone get their scholarship notification?
From the original admit packet or from another mailed letter?

Thanks

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm

I had my scholarship information come with my admission package. This was four months ago, though, so they may have changed their MO since then.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:04 am

Vincent Vega wrote:I had my scholarship information come with my admission package. This was four months ago, though, so they may have changed their MO since then.
Did you get a full ride too?

What about people who got $15k or so ... how did you guys hear?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 am

KINGJV61 wrote:The acceptance letter was the same as the email.
The acceptance letter did not mention a scholarship.
Does that mean I am out of luck with getting a scholarship or will I receive another letter with the scholly info.
How did everyone get their scholarship notification?
From the original admit packet or from another mailed letter?
I don't know. This is what I want to figure out.
I received word from the east coast that my packet came today, but like yourself, it contained no finaid info.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:26 am

Threepeat wrote:I've committed guys. Debating summer start, but I'll for sure be seeing you in the fall.
Did you get any other info about Summer Start, such as tuition cost or when you need to sign up by? My packet says "Further details regarding the summer start course, including tuition, will become available during the spring." .... it is spring now.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:50 am

superflush wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:I had my scholarship information come with my admission package. This was four months ago, though, so they may have changed their MO since then.
Did you get a full ride too?
Yes.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:01 pm

superflush wrote:
Threepeat wrote:I've committed guys. Debating summer start, but I'll for sure be seeing you in the fall.
Did you get any other info about Summer Start, such as tuition cost or when you need to sign up by? My packet says "Further details regarding the summer start course, including tuition, will become available during the spring." .... it is spring now.
I received an email a day or two after I officially committed stating that they would pay for the summer start class. It was roughly $1300 for the class. There was no specified date to let them know by, but they said "let us know as soon as possible" because it's first come first serve.
superflush wrote:What about people who got $15k or so ... how did you guys hear?
I received 13k a year (in-state), and my offer came in the initial admissions package. It sounds like they are doing things differently for the recent admits, so I wouldn't be too discouraged if you haven't heard anything yet.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:10 pm

Threepeat wrote:I received 13k a year (in-state), and my offer came in the initial admissions package. It sounds like they are doing things differently for the recent admits, so I wouldn't be too discouraged if you haven't heard anything yet.
Ah, okay. I guess I'll call on Monday to see what's up.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:14 pm

Anyone else get in lately?

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:46 pm

So, this might be a weird question (or I missed something), but...where is Veritas? His LSN profile is gone now as well (which I didn't know you could delete).

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:So, this might be a weird question (or I missed something), but...where is Veritas? His LSN profile is gone now as well (which I didn't know you could delete).
UC-Irvine

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

weis14

New

Post by weis14 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:53 pm

Has anyone who went to SLD received their travel reimbursement check yet? It seems like they should have had enough time to get it done by now.

jmhallah

New

Post by jmhallah » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:32 pm

deleted
Last edited by jmhallah on Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:42 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:So, this might be a weird question (or I missed something), but...where is Veritas? His LSN profile is gone now as well (which I didn't know you could delete).
You can hide it, which is likely what he has done.
I'd be interested to know where he has chosen.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:43 pm

superflush wrote:
You can hide it, which is likely what he has done.
I'd be interested to know where he has chosen.
UC-Irvine

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”