In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:15 pm

lawwhat wrote:
mazzini wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of waiting... I applied late (feb. 5th) so I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard. Was complete on the 19th of that month, according to the email I received in late march. Should I give up on this school??? I have compelling offers but I like the school because of its geographic location. Just wondering if people think acceptances/money is gone. If there is no chance of a decent scholarship I'm out for sure. Stats are 168,3.3.


I'm probably not getting in and I have already deposited at a school I'd love to attend, but I have always had a thing for Indiana. The long and short of my LOCI: Indiana, I've wanted to attend your university since age 17. That was when I saw Breaking Away for the first time and I've probably seen it 8 times or so since. I would love to ride the little 500 and sing "Oh Indiana, We're All For You...." with my fellow classmates post race. Please let me in. I would want to attend even if you were ranked 50. That's how much I love that movie and your school as a result of the association. PS. I was glad to see Jackie Earl Haley reemerge after years of no substantive work. I most recently saw him the other night on "Human Target." Great actor. It's too bad Dennis Chrisopher hasn't been as successful as of late. I realize that Indiana U has no actual ties to these actors, but I will always associate them with IU. Anyway, I love your school.

I'm sending the same LOCI to Harvard but I'm substituting Soul Man for Breaking Away and I praise C Thomas Howell's early work before lamenting his lack of recent success.


I don't want want to burst your bubble, especially if you're being truthful, but only undergrads can do the Little 5.

lawwhat
Posts: 25
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby lawwhat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:42 am

Vincent Vega wrote:
lawwhat wrote:
mazzini wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of waiting... I applied late (feb. 5th) so I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard. Was complete on the 19th of that month, according to the email I received in late march. Should I give up on this school??? I have compelling offers but I like the school because of its geographic location. Just wondering if people think acceptances/money is gone. If there is no chance of a decent scholarship I'm out for sure. Stats are 168,3.3.


I'm probably not getting in and I have already deposited at a school I'd love to attend, but I have always had a thing for Indiana. The long and short of my LOCI: Indiana, I've wanted to attend your university since age 17. That was when I saw Breaking Away for the first time and I've probably seen it 8 times or so since. I would love to ride the little 500 and sing "Oh Indiana, We're All For You...." with my fellow classmates post race. Please let me in. I would want to attend even if you were ranked 50. That's how much I love that movie and your school as a result of the association. PS. I was glad to see Jackie Earl Haley reemerge after years of no substantive work. I most recently saw him the other night on "Human Target." Great actor. It's too bad Dennis Chrisopher hasn't been as successful as of late. I realize that Indiana U has no actual ties to these actors, but I will always associate them with IU. Anyway, I love your school.

I'm sending the same LOCI to Harvard but I'm substituting Soul Man for Breaking Away and I praise C Thomas Howell's early work before lamenting his lack of recent success.


I don't want want to burst your bubble, especially if you're being truthful, but only undergrads can do the Little 5.


I was kidding. I have no desire to ride a bicycle more than 3 blocks. I did enjoy the movie though.

crm
Posts: 282
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby crm » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:14 pm

So i've been seeing that some people are already getting off the waitlist, and I haven't even heard a regular decision yet...anyone else in the same boat?

User avatar
ticklememauve
Posts: 107
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby ticklememauve » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:24 pm

crm wrote:So i've been seeing that some people are already getting off the waitlist, and I haven't even heard a regular decision yet...anyone else in the same boat?


Yes, me too. Sigh.

User avatar
traehekat
Posts: 3195
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:00 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby traehekat » Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:27 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
crm wrote:So i've been seeing that some people are already getting off the waitlist, and I haven't even heard a regular decision yet...anyone else in the same boat?


Yes, me too. Sigh.


Yup, Wisconsin was doing this too. Very annoying.

jmhallah
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby jmhallah » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I am in the same boat. Applied mid-January..

texasforever
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby texasforever » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:16 am

W/L on April 1.. 157 3.98 out of state non-urm.. fee waiver school but nevertheless pleasantly surprised.. will be withdrawing shortly

User avatar
HungryHippo
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:55 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby HungryHippo » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:17 am

Already taking people off the waitlist??

I applied in December and have yet to get a decision...........
-_-



AND im above both medians......

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:36 am

HungryHippo wrote:Already taking people off the waitlist??

I applied in December and have yet to get a decision...........
-_-



AND im above both medians......


I haven't heard of anyone on here who has gotten off of the waitlist, and there's only one example on LSN, which may or may not be true. Even if it is true, there may be some kind of anomalous reason for doing so. I wouldn't be too hasty in saying that IU is taking people off of the waitlist (at least not in any kind of appreciable number of people) before they are giving some people an initial decision.

hawkeye22
Posts: 216
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby hawkeye22 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:49 am

I don't know wtf is going on at Indiana, but I'm above both medians and applied over three months ago. I don't even want to go to school there anymore.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:04 pm

hawkeye22 wrote:I don't know wtf is going on at Indiana, but I'm above both medians and applied over three months ago. I don't even want to go to school there anymore.


It's been a rough year on a lot of law schools, with the huge increase in applications and whatnot. I applied to schools in October and still have an application pending at another school. Indiana was actually one of the first schools I heard back from. I hate to be abrupt, but sometimes you just have to be patient.

lawhawk
Posts: 271
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby lawhawk » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
hawkeye22 wrote:I don't know wtf is going on at Indiana, but I'm above both medians and applied over three months ago. I don't even want to go to school there anymore.


It's been a rough year on a lot of law schools, with the huge increase in applications and whatnot. I applied to schools in October and still have an application pending at another school. Indiana was actually one of the first schools I heard back from. I hate to be abrupt, but sometimes you just have to be patient.


Don't burst our self-entitlement bubbles :lol:

parks1388
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:19 am

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby parks1388 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:10 pm

Committed today, and I will be attending Summer Start. Good luck to everyone.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:19 pm

parks1388 wrote:Committed today, and I will be attending Summer Start. Good luck to everyone.


It was good meeting you at SLD - see you in the fall, I guess!

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am

So...I visited IUB yesterday. The class I sat in on was on my least favorite subject (Property) but it was still a very interesting class. Facilities were only decent, though the law library was great. Bloomington far exceeded my expectations, and there are actual hills in Indiana (something I would have never guessed". Unfortunately, I was shocked and shagrined by the 2009 employment stats I got from the CSO.

They had only 30% of 2009 grads (49% of firm-employed) reporting salary information, which is just awful. For those who are looking for big firm work, IUB was really nailed by the down economy. Despite this low reporting number, the private firm median was just $89,500. Hiring at 250+ firms went from 27 students in 2008 to 7 in 2009, though 101-250 firms stayed about the same. They also had only 2 of 35 students who went into government service work report salary info. PI placement (thankfully) was still a solid 6%, but also with a dearth of reporting.

Dean Motley and Michael Keller (CSO guy) were very cool and fair, so that was a strong mark in IUB's favor.

Still leaning towards William and Mary, but am waiting to see what their new 2010-11 tuition rate is. Part of me really thinks it is stupid to spend the extra money at W&M (probably about 10k more per year), but Indiana didn't
totally sell me.

EDIT: Realized 53/174 is 30% not 29%

primusux
Posts: 297
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:02 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby primusux » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:19 pm

Has anyone from the last batch of accepts via email received their packet in the mail yet?
Can you provide any info from it? Still waiting on mine...

Whitters
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Whitters » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:39 pm

I hate to keep complaining, but still nothing. Submitted early January. Mid April just seems crazy.

alllucknotalent
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:10 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby alllucknotalent » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:48 pm

I talked to them a couple days ago and they must have a huge stack of applicants...

I applied 3/1 and when I called they said I hadn't even gone complete and they were going to check everything to make sure everything was okay... I have a feeling I won't be hearing from them for awhile...

anyone want to give me what they think my odds are for 2.8/164 fairly strong softs.. i am a property manager of 20 buildings at the age of 22 and I had very obvious things that dragged my gpa down from what should have been 3.1

User avatar
MBZags
Posts: 552
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby MBZags » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:29 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
Dean Motley and Michael Keller (CSO guy) were very cool and fair, so that was a strong mark in IUB's favor.


Not too relevant, but Keller was f'ing awesome.

User avatar
Spoonmanners
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Spoonmanners » Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:51 pm

MBZags wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:
Dean Motley and Michael Keller (CSO guy) were very cool and fair, so that was a strong mark in IUB's favor.


Not too relevant, but Keller was f'ing awesome.


Make a decision yet? I can't imagine the alleged rankings help out IU's cause against UI.

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:10 pm

alllucknotalent wrote:I talked to them a couple days ago and they must have a huge stack of applicants...

I applied 3/1 and when I called they said I hadn't even gone complete and they were going to check everything to make sure everything was okay... I have a feeling I won't be hearing from them for awhile...

anyone want to give me what they think my odds are for 2.8/164 fairly strong softs.. i am a property manager of 20 buildings at the age of 22 and I had very obvious things that dragged my gpa down from what should have been 3.1


If you applied in November, you'd have had an acceptance letter by January. Applying that late, though, I don't think the odds are in your favor.

User avatar
Jay-Electronica
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Jay-Electronica » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:12 pm

Just committed!!! Very Excited!

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Vincent Vega » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:13 pm

Jay-Electronica wrote:Just committed!!! Very Excited!


Congrats - see you in August!

Edited to say: Funny you should pop up on this thread, I was just stalking your TLS profile yesterday.

User avatar
Jay-Electronica
Posts: 369
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Jay-Electronica » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
Jay-Electronica wrote:Just committed!!! Very Excited!


Congrats - see you in August!

Edited to say: Funny you should pop up on this thread, I was just stalking your TLS profile yesterday.


Thanks...

Really? What piqued your interest? Hopefully you didnt find anything too incriminating :wink:
Last edited by Jay-Electronica on Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whitters
Posts: 125
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Postby Whitters » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:26 pm

Whitters wrote:I hate to keep complaining, but still nothing. Submitted early January. Mid April just seems crazy.


Spoke too soon, the ding letter was sitting in my mailbox today. Kinda bittersweet because my cycle is now over minus the wait-lists.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], hellohalo, hoping4scholy, Houzy, lawschoolapp1987, lawschoolapplicant9, pandaaa, theothercat, WarriorPoet and 10 guests