In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
superflush

Silver

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by superflush » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:34 pm

Whitters wrote:I still haven't heard anything. Is anyone else in the same boat? Sent my ap late Dec.
I heard I went complete a while back.
Actually, they told me I went complete a month before the email date.

Example:
Email date: Day 31
"You've gone complete on Day 1."
- IU

jmhallah

New

Post by jmhallah » Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 pm

HondoK wrote:Has anyone been waitlisted at IU yet?
lots
http://indiana.lawschoolnumbers.com/stats

webbylu87

Silver

Post by webbylu87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:25 pm

My app "went on the fast track" probably 5 weeks ago (when I was told it would only take a couple weeks to receive a decision). I called 2 weeks ago to get an update and there was no decision. Is it reasonable to give them a ring this week as I have an impending seat deposit next week?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:05 pm

webbylu87 wrote:My app "went on the fast track" probably 5 weeks ago (when I was told it would only take a couple weeks to receive a decision). I called 2 weeks ago to get an update and there was no decision. Is it reasonable to give them a ring this week as I have an impending seat deposit next week?
Sounds more than reasonable.

pertristis

Bronze

Post by pertristis » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:18 pm

I just got an odd email from IU. I had sent an email asking for my application to be withdrawn—I hadn't receieved a decision, knew I would not be attending, and didn't want to hurt their yield rate. I receieved an email back expressing that they were sorry I wasn't going to be attending. Interestingly, even though my original email was attached to the response, it was directed toward someone with a different name. Now I'm confused.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Trying to set up my IU email address and have never been so confused. I feel like my grandma trying to send a text message.

vshah88

New

Post by vshah88 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:40 pm

I only received an email saying I was accepted, no letter or packet in the mail...anyone else?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Zapatero wrote:Trying to set up my IU email address and have never been so confused. I feel like my grandma trying to send a text message.
Same! I've had three interactions with IU's IT department and the best answer I got out of them is that I'm still considered an applicant and I need to talk to some other department to get reclassified.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
Zapatero wrote:Trying to set up my IU email address and have never been so confused. I feel like my grandma trying to send a text message.
Same! I've had three interactions with IU's IT department and the best answer I got out of them is that I'm still considered an applicant and I need to talk to some other department to get reclassified.
If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure this is because they're transferring all of their mail service to an entirely new format and server.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:16 pm

danquayle wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:
If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure this is because they're transferring all of their mail service to an entirely new format and server.
It's not just the mail, though, it's onestart, too.

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:34 pm

Anyone else having a hard time finding an apartment from out of state?

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
danquayle wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:
It's not just the mail, though, it's onestart, too.
Just glad I'm not alone in this. I've since given up; this kind of technology is beyond my grasp.

HondoK

New

Post by HondoK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:53 pm

Did anyone get an email today asking them if they're still interested in the program? I received a letter (without letterhead or anything, just from an admissions counselor) saying that my application is still under review and asking me if I'm still interested in the program. Did anyone else get that? My app has been complete since January, not sure why it's still under review.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:57 pm

HondoK wrote:Did anyone get an email today asking them if they're still interested in the program? I received a letter (without letterhead or anything, just from an admissions counselor) saying that my application is still under review and asking me if I'm still interested in the program. Did anyone else get that? My app has been complete since January, not sure why it's still under review.
Whoa, no. I would pretty much kill at this point for any communication initiated by them.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:05 pm

ticklememauve wrote:
HondoK wrote:Did anyone get an email today asking them if they're still interested in the program? I received a letter (without letterhead or anything, just from an admissions counselor) saying that my application is still under review and asking me if I'm still interested in the program. Did anyone else get that? My app has been complete since January, not sure why it's still under review.
Whoa, no. I would pretty much kill at this point for any communication initiated by them.
+1. I've gotten one email since I got the complete e-mail only to state that it is going to take longer.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:09 pm

I received the email of which you speak. I simply replied that I am still interested, and I need a decsion by next week at the latest because i have seat depos due.

HondoK

New

Post by HondoK » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 pm

ram jam wrote:
I received the email of which you speak. I simply replied that I am still interested, and I need a decsion by next week at the latest because i have seat depos due.
Yeah, the email made me laugh... YES I'm still interested!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:00 am

HondoK wrote:
ram jam wrote:
Yeah, the email made me laugh... YES I'm still interested!
I wonder what it means if you did not get the email, but you are still in review :(

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:04 am

Hmm, I'm surprised more people aren't irked by this email. I didn't receive one, but I know if I did I would be a little pissed. Am I still interested? Well, lets see... I paid the $50 for the application fee, and I haven't withdrawn yet. OF COURSE I'M STILL INTERESTED. I didn't spend money to apply to your school to have you email me 3 months later to ask if I am still interested. I paid for a decision, and I would like one!

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:11 am

traehekat wrote:Hmm, I'm surprised more people aren't irked by this email. I didn't receive one, but I know if I did I would be a little pissed. Am I still interested? Well, lets see... I paid the $50 for the application fee, and I haven't withdrawn yet. OF COURSE I'M STILL INTERESTED. I didn't spend money to apply to your school to have you email me 3 months later to ask if I am still interested. I paid for a decision, and I would like one!
Thank you. That's actually the problem I'm having when it comes to withdrawing from schools I haven't heard from yet. I'm 99.999% sure I'm going to case no matter what the rest of my schools say (I'm waiting on 4), but I paid good money, even if it was only $12.

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:21 am

traehekat wrote:Hmm, I'm surprised more people aren't irked by this email. I didn't receive one, but I know if I did I would be a little pissed. Am I still interested? Well, lets see... I paid the $50 for the application fee, and I haven't withdrawn yet. OF COURSE I'M STILL INTERESTED. I didn't spend money to apply to your school to have you email me 3 months later to ask if I am still interested. I paid for a decision, and I would like one!
I fully agree that this rates a major wtf. I just don't understand what this accomplishes other than aggravating people's frustration.

I didn't get the e-mail either.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:19 am

HondoK wrote:Did anyone get an email today asking them if they're still interested in the program?
yes

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:41 am

FunkyJD wrote:
I fully agree that this rates a major wtf. I just don't understand what this accomplishes other than aggravating people's frustration.

I didn't get the e-mail either.
Yield protection.

Sg017

New

Post by Sg017 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:43 am

Got a waitlist letter yesterday so it looks like my waiting game continues. My numbers are definitely low but I did interview so I have no idea what's going to happen. Anyone have suggestions for how to write the perfect loci?

kboulder

New

Post by kboulder » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:47 am

Sg017 wrote:Got a waitlist letter yesterday so it looks like my waiting game continues. My numbers are definitely low but I did interview so I have no idea what's going to happen. Anyone have suggestions for how to write the perfect loci?
Did you receive this letter via email or snail mail? Getting real nervous at this point...

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”