In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
OneShotFinch128

New

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by OneShotFinch128 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:32 am

jmhallah wrote:any movement here?
I had an interview last friday. I'm not really sure if that means anything in terms "movement" but they made it seems like they will be making some offers off the wait list soonish.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:02 pm

I get to make my first rent payment for my place in Bloomington in a couple weeks. Law school is getting close, and the excitement is building!

Not-A-Teabagger

New

Post by Not-A-Teabagger » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:22 am

OneShotFinch128 wrote:
jmhallah wrote:any movement here?
I had an interview last friday. I'm not really sure if that means anything in terms "movement" but they made it seems like they will be making some offers off the wait list soonish.
what about us late applicants who were never given a decision? do you think there will be movement on our applications? edited for sarcasm...

OneShotFinch128

New

Post by OneShotFinch128 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:59 am

Just got in off the wait list today. Very Excited!!!!

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:15 pm

OneShotFinch128 wrote:Just got in off the wait list today. Very Excited!!!!
Congrats! Will you for sure be attending?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

OneShotFinch128

New

Post by OneShotFinch128 » Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:20 pm

Threepeat wrote:
OneShotFinch128 wrote:Just got in off the wait list today. Very Excited!!!!
Congrats! Will you for sure be attending?
Working out the logistics, but I am very confident that I will be attending.

noshaz

New

WL Rules

Post by noshaz » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Does anyone know how many people are on this WL from Bloomington? Also, what are the rules that they go by to choose from WL?

I'm new to TLS and I don't know if you have already talked about this. But any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

You Gotta Have Faith

Bronze

Re: WL Rules

Post by You Gotta Have Faith » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:18 pm

noshaz wrote:Does anyone know how many people are on this WL from Bloomington? Also, what are the rules that they go by to choose from WL?

I'm new to TLS and I don't know if you have already talked about this. But any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
1) They never say how many exactly are on the waitlist. But it is safe to say that it is probably over 100 (perhaps a couple hundred?). It is also very probable that a pretty significant percentage of the class will come from the waitlist at a school like IU-B. However, a few won't get on, and yet others will get off the waitlist and opt not to attend. So... it is far from hopeless. With IU-B in particular, it is helpful to email/contact admissions roughly every 3 weeks with well a well written LOCI or two. You'd be amazed at the number of people who get on the waitlist and don't follow up like they should. Just by keeping contact and maintaining interest, you have probably put yourself in the top half of the waitlist for consideration.

2) There is not a definite order to the waiting list. And this is for a reason. Let's assume a 164/3.7 median for the class that admissions is aiming for (they do set such goals and strictly adhere to them). If someone with a 167/3.5 opts not to attend, it is far more likely that a 165/3.2 will be pulled off the waiting list than a 163/3.6. This is because the former number will maintain/increase the median of 164 while the latter will not. If someone with a 163/3.8 opts not to attend, it is quite possible that a 157/3.9 will be pulled from the waiting list before a 164/3.5 will be. This is because the former will maintain the increased GPA median and the latter will lower it while keeping the LSAT median unchanged.

IU-B in particular is relatively splitter-friendly. If you are above median on either LSAT or GPA and they have waitlisted you, all hope is certainly not lost. The best thing you can do for yourself is continue contacting them and letting them know you would attend if admitted (if that is true). It's kind of strange, but that is how schools do waitlists and that is why there is no particular order to the waitlist apart from preferences if they do have to choose between two candidates who are below/above median on the same criteria. They aim to maintain the median on both LSAT and GPA... so they pull from the waitlist accordingly depending on who has dropped out. Anyhow, best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”