In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
MBZags

Silver

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by MBZags » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:45 pm

Well, I'm out for the SLD. Dani already extended my response deadline for me, and I'm likely going to visit at another time. But I'm still pretty pissed that I'll miss out on meeting everyone and the potentially epic pub crawl. :(

Quick question for those of you flying in for the SLD - is IU taking care of getting you to Bloomington (and if so, how?), or are you on your own?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:39 pm

MBZags wrote:Quick question for those of you flying in for the SLD - is IU taking care of getting you to Bloomington (and if so, how?), or are you on your own?
IU is putting me up and paying for airfare, but I'm pretty sure it's just for full scholarship recipients.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:42 pm

I received a full scholarship...I'm just wondering what to expect since my original plan was to drive into Bloomington, not fly into Indianapolis.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:43 pm

MBZags wrote:I received a full scholarship...I'm just wondering what to expect since my original plan was to drive into Bloomington, not fly into Indianapolis.
So why aren't you going to SLD then?

NatSec

Bronze

Post by NatSec » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 pm

see everybody on Sat. i fly out tomorrow at 0800. just for reference sake, i'll be the naked drunk guy with a beard when you guys get there.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:55 pm

I'll be the one in the hooded sweatshirt and van dyke beard. I'll be in Bloomington by 10 pm.

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:56 pm

I was in a car accident on my way to Bloomington, and considering the cost of plane tickets at the last minute, I didn't feel right asking IU to pay for the exorbitant amount. Plus, I got banged up pretty badly so I figured I'd just rest up and visit in a couple weeks.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:57 pm

MBZags wrote:I was in a car accident on my way to Bloomington, and considering the cost of plane tickets at the last minute, I didn't feel right asking IU to pay for the exorbitant amount. Plus, I got banged up pretty badly so I figured I'd just rest up and visit in a couple weeks.
Oh, man, that's awful! Take your time recovering and whatnot, and have a great time whenever you can get out to IU.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:34 am

MBZags wrote:I was in a car accident on my way to Bloomington, and considering the cost of plane tickets at the last minute, I didn't feel right asking IU to pay for the exorbitant amount. Plus, I got banged up pretty badly so I figured I'd just rest up and visit in a couple weeks.
Wow I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get better soon.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MBZags

Silver

Post by MBZags » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:13 pm

Thanks guys - I'm still pretty disappointed about not being able to make it. Ergh. Anyway, I hope everyone has loads of fun tonight/tomorrow! I expect a report on the shenanigans. :)

biggiemike000

New

Post by biggiemike000 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:35 am

Just got an e-mail offering me $5428 credit towards the Summer Start program (July 5th-August 10th). Anyone else get this?

It sounds like a great idea to get used to the law school and area. Is it worth doing?

Spoonmanners

Bronze

Post by Spoonmanners » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 pm

I'd recommend it. It helped me get into the swing of things. And last year most people were on partial or full scholarship for the summer.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:54 pm

So....how did the ASW go for those were able to make it?? I'm going to visit solo in a couple of weeks, but I'd like to hear the general opinions of those who were there.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:59 pm

I had a pretty good time. It was good to meet most of the people who post regularly on this thread - we went to Nick's and played Sink the Biz - a Bloomington tradition. The info sessions were pretty dry, but relatively informative - nothing special. Overall, I had a good weekend, and I hope most of the people I met end up going to IU.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Epic SLD. Awesome to meet all of you. I'll be committing ASAP. On Hoosiers!

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Bloomington is awesome! I will admit the school session stuff left something to be desired, but the people and the experience were very cool. Srsly everyone we stopped to speak with was friendly, more than welcoming and helpful!

And, now you all know who I am :oops:

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:57 pm

Veritas wrote:Bloomington is awesome! I will admit the school session stuff left something to be desired, but the people and the experience were very cool. Srsly everyone we stopped to speak with was friendly, more than welcoming and helpful!

Dangit, another reason I should have gone to the IUB ASD! UNMASKING VERI!

So....any closer to a decision, Veritas? I know you have some really awesome options.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:01 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
Veritas wrote:Bloomington is awesome! I will admit the school session stuff left something to be desired, but the people and the experience were very cool. Srsly everyone we stopped to speak with was friendly, more than welcoming and helpful!

So....any closer to a decision, Veritas? I know you have some really awesome options.

Quote of the night by agentcom last night "WAIT!!! IS VERITAS HERE?!?!?!" He was totally outed. It was epic.

+1 one ver on the "something left to be desired". I feel I didn't get a great feel for everyday life at IU law (maybe I didn't make a concerted effort), but overall I enjoyed the people and the campus. Hopefully there will be many more great times like last night with all of you in the future.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Threepeat wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:

Quote of the night by agentcom last night "WAIT!!! IS VERITAS HERE?!?!?!" He was totally outed. It was epic.

+1 one ver on the "something left to be desired". I feel I didn't get a great feel for everyday life at IU law (maybe I didn't make a concerted effort), but overall I enjoyed the people and the campus. Hopefully there will be many more great times like last night with all of you in the future.
Man, I really had no chance of remaining anonymous. I really knew it was over when a certain lurker, out of know where, called me out.

That's a good point about not really grasping what a typical day is like. I guess you got some of it with the one on one time with admission fellows.

I don't know about my decision though. I'm having a little trouble keeping focused today....

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:01 pm

Threepeat wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:

My feelings exactly. The actual school parts of SLD were completely underwhelming and mostly useless. Bloomington and the students, however, were very cool. It's too bad that law school won't be much like last night.

84Sunbird2000

Silver

Post by 84Sunbird2000 » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:20 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
My feelings exactly. The actual school parts of SLD were completely underwhelming and mostly useless. Bloomington and the students, however, were very cool. It's too bad that law school won't be much like last night.
So...the presentation was underwhelming, but what about the facilities?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:23 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
All of the spring-gun traps functioned properly, which is good.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 pm

Zapatero wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
I appreciated that it was aimed at my legs.

also, clothes are optional

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:51 pm

Veritas wrote:
Zapatero wrote:

LMAO

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:57 pm

Threepeat wrote:
Veritas wrote:
Zapatero wrote:

LMAO
120 payments is about 10 years.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”