In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
BiteyTLS

New

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by BiteyTLS » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:
Halibut6 wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:Has anyone gotten further info about Spring Law Day? I'm getting anxious to book flight tickets, hotel rooms, etc.
I haven't. I'd like to get this stuff together soon as well.
I emailed admissions last Tuesday asking for either (1) new info or (2) reassurance that new info was forthcoming. Still have yet to hear back. Sigh.
Email returned today. No new information. Told to expect something "in late February".
I got a similarly vague email. Don't they realize that scheduling rooms/flights aren't something that can happen overnight?

I'm worried about checking back in early March to find my 90 dollars flight becomes a 300 dollar one.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:42 pm

I got a similarly vague email. Don't they realize that scheduling rooms/flights aren't something that can happen overnight?

I'm worried about checking back in early March to find my 90 dollars flight becomes a 300 dollar one.
+1
I'm a little concerned with the post admit attention from admissions.
How could they possibly have not planned their SLD at this point?
How could they possibly have not decided what the SOP is for travel subsidies?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:08 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:I'm a little concerned with the post admit attention from admissions.
+1

I got a fairly negative vibe from IU admissions when I was there. My family didn't really like them, either. However, I got a great vibe from the students themselves as well as the faculty. I sat in on Professor Williams's con law class and I thought he was a very intelligent, talented professor. Admissions, though, seems pretty unorganized and whatnot.

Newsmctado

New

Post by Newsmctado » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:46 pm

reasonabledoubt wrote:It's pretty safe to say that 164 is the magical lsat number for IUB this year.....

Anyways, I interviewed as well a few weeks ago, got the 6-8 week email thing, and am patiently waiting... I can't wait to hear a fellow interviewer posting about whether they got in or not. (and with any $$)

I was 166 with crappy undergrad numbers (under. 3.0) and got accepted the other day if that helps.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:09 am

Newsmctado wrote:
reasonabledoubt wrote:It's pretty safe to say that 164 is the magical lsat number for IUB this year.....

Anyways, I interviewed as well a few weeks ago, got the 6-8 week email thing, and am patiently waiting... I can't wait to hear a fellow interviewer posting about whether they got in or not. (and with any $$)

I was 166 with crappy undergrad numbers (under. 3.0) and got accepted the other day if that helps.
Thinking about attending?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tsub

New

Post by tsub » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:14 am

I interviewed the other day, but received my Waitlist before the interview.

So, what now? Send LOCI? I'm guessing that even if I get in, I won't get any money. I like IU, but I don't know if I could pay sticker there.

fulkersonr1

Bronze

Post by fulkersonr1 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:36 pm

Received acceptance packet today with $. I had asked for all my remaining applications to be withdrawn about a month ago so was surprised to receive any acceptance package. Will be contacting admissions to make sure my app is withdrawn hopefully this will free up a spot and/or $ for someone else.

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:40 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:Received acceptance packet today with $. I had asked for all my remaining applications to be withdrawn about a month ago so was surprised to receive any acceptance package. Will be contacting admissions to make sure my app is withdrawn hopefully this will free up a spot and/or $ for someone else.

Appreciate it!!

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:52 pm

fulkersonr1 wrote:Received acceptance packet today with $. I had asked for all my remaining applications to be withdrawn about a month ago so was surprised to receive any acceptance package. Will be contacting admissions to make sure my app is withdrawn hopefully this will free up a spot and/or $ for someone else.
Very decent of you. Thank you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:58 pm

Appreciate it! :)

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Accepted today via huge packet in the mail. Congratulatory letter also included an offer of $45,000 over three years. My stats: 164, 3.7.

charlesjd

Bronze

Post by charlesjd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:26 pm

fenderjsm88 wrote:Accepted today via huge packet in the mail. Congratulatory letter also included an offer of $45,000 over three years. My stats: 164, 3.7.
Curious when you went complete? Also did you have an interview? Thanks!

initech

Bronze

Post by initech » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:29 pm

I've continued to consider IUB, but I'm unsure if the $ offered is worth it. I truly believe that everyone that has received $ deserves his or her offer, but my offer is quite a bit lower than others to those with a -5 or -6 LSAT score and same GPA area.

Hate to be "Johnny-Rain-Cloud"...it's been a rough cycle.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:17 pm

charlesjd wrote:
fenderjsm88 wrote:Accepted today via huge packet in the mail. Congratulatory letter also included an offer of $45,000 over three years. My stats: 164, 3.7.
Curious when you went complete? Also did you have an interview? Thanks!
I know I went complete sometime in early December (sometimes between 12/2 and 12/10,) but I don't have the original email anymore, sorry! And I did not interview.

aquanow

New

Post by aquanow » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:19 am

Woooo! After hearing back from all but one school I am 100% sure I will be there for the 27th of March. I know there had been talk of some pub crawling from Veritas and company and I would love to be a part of the "parade". Congrats to all that got in, and look forward to getting to know those who like me are thinking you may attend!

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:10 am

aquanow wrote:Woooo! After hearing back from all but one school I am 100% sure I will be there for the 27th of March. I know there had been talk of some pub crawling from Veritas and company and I would love to be a part of the "parade". Congrats to all that got in, and look forward to getting to know those who like me are thinking you may attend!
There will either be a pub crawl or we will be in no position to walk from the first establishment.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:25 am

RMstratosphere wrote:
aquanow wrote:Woooo! After hearing back from all but one school I am 100% sure I will be there for the 27th of March. I know there had been talk of some pub crawling from Veritas and company and I would love to be a part of the "parade". Congrats to all that got in, and look forward to getting to know those who like me are thinking you may attend!
There will either be a pub crawl or we will be in no position to walk from the first establishment.
I won't complain about those options.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:03 pm

I didn't see the option to live with Halibut in a ballin' apartment highlighted in the email from Dani today. Shame on you, admissions.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:21 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:I didn't see the option to live with Halibut in a ballin' apartment highlighted in the email from Dani today. Shame on you, admissions.
I didn't receive this email...shame on you admissions. Or shame on me for not being cool enough.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Threepeat wrote:
RMstratosphere wrote:I didn't see the option to live with Halibut in a ballin' apartment highlighted in the email from Dani today. Shame on you, admissions.
I didn't receive this email...shame on you admissions. Or shame on me for not being cool
enough.
I guess I may have just outed myself. Damn.

Dear RMstratosphere,

Whether you're looking for a one-bedroom studio apartment within walking distance of the Law School or a house to share with classmates or others, Bloomington offers a wide variety of affordable housing options.

From classic, charming rental houses to newly built downtown apartments with the latest amenities, you will have no trouble finding a place to call home. Being a law student in Bloomington offers several perks: many properties offer discounts to graduate students, including security deposit waivers. When searching for housing, be sure to ask if the property owner offers special rates for graduate students.

Attached to this e-mail is a brief guide to some of the housing options most popular with past and current students. Use this document to connect directly to each property?s Web site. Additionally, each property has a student ambassador ready to respond to any questions you might have about a particular property. A few years ago they were just like you: most had no idea where they were going to live during their 1L year. Don't hesitate to contact them!

The properties listed here are just a small sample of the many unique housing options you have to choose from. There are many other resources available to help you find the perfect environment...including hard-copy packets of materials from multiple rental companies that our office can mail to you. Just call if you would like one! Additionally, most properties offer virtual tours and detailed photos and floor plans to help you get a feel for each location. Some popular rental Web sites include:

• ApartmentsInBloomington.com
• Herald-Times Rentals
• Indiana Daily Student Housing Guide

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help you find what you're looking for or if you have questions about specific properties. We want you to feel at home in Bloomington, both inside and outside the Law School.

I look forward to seeing you when visit campus!

Dani Weatherford, JD ?03
Director of Recruitment and Admissions
Indiana University Maurer School of Law

P.S. If you are looking for a roommate, we can help, too! Send advertisements to me via e-mail for posting on You?re Admitted, our admitted student web site, or view the posts from your future classmates.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm

Sweet. Thanks for posting this^^

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:04 pm

Threepeat wrote:Sweet. Thanks for posting this^^
Feel free to buy me a drink during SLD. 8)

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:12 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:
Threepeat wrote:Sweet. Thanks for posting this^^
Feel free to buy me a drink during SLD. 8)
One AMF coming your way...

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:37 pm

Yeah. Some of those places were much farther away from the law school than Steeplechase, too. Boo, Dani Weatherford.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:52 pm

Did anyone that interviewed recently get a response yet?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”