In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Vincent Vega

Silver

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:50 pm

Strange as it may seem, I just officially committed today, too. I was mostly waiting on getting some more decisions back, just to see what they were. I've been firmly in the IU camp for over a month now, though.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:Strange as it may seem, I just officially committed today, too. I was mostly waiting on getting some more decisions back, just to see what they were. I've been firmly in the IU camp for over a month now, though.
congrats on making it official!

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:23 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:Strange as it may seem, I just officially committed today, too. I was mostly waiting on getting some more decisions back, just to see what they were. I've been firmly in the IU camp for over a month now, though.
Congrats!

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Are acceptances by email or snail mail?

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:12 pm

Got my first WL today courtesy of IUB. Oh well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:13 pm

hiromoto45 wrote:Are acceptances by email or snail mail?
Snail mail

traehekat

Gold

Post by traehekat » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:18 pm

Sauer Grapes wrote:Got my first WL today courtesy of IUB. Oh well.
I'm sure its not YP or anything... :wink:

theseus636

New

Post by theseus636 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 pm

Congrats! I 'spose I'll be seeing you in the fall.

Anybody else not going to be able to make it to SLD? I really wanted to go, but it conflicted with my schedule. I feel like I'm going to miss a colossal pub crawl.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:52 pm

traehekat wrote:
Sauer Grapes wrote:Got my first WL today courtesy of IUB. Oh well.
I'm sure its not YP or anything... :wink:
Probably, but I hate saying that because it assumes I deserve to get accepted when maybe they just didn't like me. Of course, numbers-wise, I deserved to be accepted. :wink:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pieceofbeth

New

Post by pieceofbeth » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:17 pm

theseus636 wrote:
Congrats! I 'spose I'll be seeing you in the fall.

Anybody else not going to be able to make it to SLD? I really wanted to go, but it conflicted with my schedule. I feel like I'm going to miss a colossal pub crawl.
I'm missing it too! Work schedule is too crazy! But I can't wait to hear about it.

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:27 am

Okay, seems like we have a fair amount of TLS devotees coming to IUB this year. Looks like that scholarship money has wooed quite a bit of top notch talent, glad to be joining you guys this fall.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:21 pm

narkizopoint wrote:Okay, seems like we have a fair amount of TLS devotees coming to IUB this year. Looks like that scholarship money has wooed quite a bit of top notch talent, glad to be joining you guys this fall.
Cool, see you in August.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:29 pm

I just heard back from Dani about accommodations for SLD next weekend. It all seems to be in order, plus they are reimbursing me for my plane ticket I booked a while ago. It's right around the corner now!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:14 pm

I've committed to going to ASD next weekend as well.... Since I was recently accepted I haven't been posting on this thread much, but am really anxious to meet everyone. Definitely seems like a great group judging from the posts. I will probably be here in the fall, but want to visit first to make it official. What do you guys think will be appropriate attire for the weekend?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:17 pm

BerryBlossom wrote:Has anyone had any luck asking IU to match scholarship offers from other schools? And if so how long did it take to get a reply?
Honestly, I wouldn't think that there would be a situation where a higher ranked school would give someone more money than IU.

BiteyTLS

New

Post by BiteyTLS » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Got an email today with the travel plans, itinerary etc. So be on the lookout, full-ride folks.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:38 pm

superflush wrote:
BerryBlossom wrote:Has anyone had any luck asking IU to match scholarship offers from other schools? And if so how long did it take to get a reply?
Honestly, I wouldn't think that there would be a situation where a higher ranked school would give someone more money than IU.
I heard somewhere that they would even match tier 2 Chicago schools like DePaul and Loyola. I don't know for sure, though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

parks1388

New

Post by parks1388 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:52 am

SportsFanatic wrote:I've committed to going to ASD next weekend as well.... Since I was recently accepted I haven't been posting on this thread much, but am really anxious to meet everyone. Definitely seems like a great group judging from the posts. I will probably be here in the fall, but want to visit first to make it official. What do you guys think will be appropriate attire for the weekend?

I asked Dani this and she responded business casual. Soooo take that however you will but i think I'll be sporting a blazer and an open shirt to be safe. Dunno who you may meet and want to impress you know?

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:47 pm

parks1388 wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:I've committed to going to ASD next weekend as well.... Since I was recently accepted I haven't been posting on this thread much, but am really anxious to meet everyone. Definitely seems like a great group judging from the posts. I will probably be here in the fall, but want to visit first to make it official. What do you guys think will be appropriate attire for the weekend?

I asked Dani this and she responded business casual. Soooo take that however you will but i think I'll be sporting a blazer and an open shirt to be safe. Dunno who you may meet and want to impress you know?

hmmmm, thanks. I was thinking of jeans with a blazer, I didn't want to be the person overdressed or underdressed. Figured the jeans and blazer would be somewhere in the middle.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:48 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
parks1388 wrote:

hmmmm, thanks. I was thinking of jeans with a blazer, I didn't want to be the person overdressed or underdressed. Figured the jeans and blazer would be somewhere in the middle.
I was planning on wearing a suit, but I suppose I will dress down a little bit with this revelation.

RMstratosphere

Bronze

Post by RMstratosphere » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
parks1388 wrote:

I was planning on wearing a suit, but I suppose I will dress down a little bit with this revelation.
Jeans and a Tee-Shirt.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

PirateCap'n

Silver

Post by PirateCap'n » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:56 pm

parks1388 wrote:

I'm thinking khakis and button-down. I'm not a big fan of blazers though, so I'll probably just leave that off. A suit is too dressy; the general consensus seems to be that ties are a no-no as well. More or less, it seems that a polo/button down and khakis is just fine.

danquayle

Silver

Post by danquayle » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
parks1388 wrote:

Easy Jerry Seinfeld, jeans are never business casual.

Personally, I don't think you should do the blazer. Dress pants/khakis with polo/collared shirt and nice shores would be best.

Sauer Grapes

Silver

Post by Sauer Grapes » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Withdrew from the waitlist today. I didn't see them being able to steal me away from my other options.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Why can't I just receive a decision? ahh

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”