In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
joonhp

Bronze

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by joonhp » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:04 pm

crm wrote:Why can't I just receive a decision? ahh

I second that...

Jerome

Bronze

Post by Jerome » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:08 pm

joonhp wrote:
crm wrote:Why can't I just receive a decision? ahh

I second that...
+1

cr073137

Bronze

Post by cr073137 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:09 pm

Is there anyone going to the ASD looking to share the cost of hotel. If interested, please PM me.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

danquayle wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
parks1388 wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:I've committed to going to ASD next weekend as well.... Since I was recently accepted I haven't been posting on this thread much, but am really anxious to meet everyone. Definitely seems like a great group judging from the posts. I will probably be here in the fall, but want to visit first to make it official. What do you guys think will be appropriate attire for the weekend?

I asked Dani this and she responded business casual. Soooo take that however you will but i think I'll be sporting a blazer and an open shirt to be safe. Dunno who you may meet and want to impress you know?

hmmmm, thanks. I was thinking of jeans with a blazer, I didn't want to be the person overdressed or underdressed. Figured the jeans and blazer would be somewhere in the middle.
Easy Jerry Seinfeld, jeans are never business casual.

Personally, I don't think you should do the blazer. Dress pants/khakis with polo/collared shirt and nice shores would be best.
I'm kind of fashion unconscious, but what are "shores?"

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:38 pm

cr073137 wrote:Is there anyone going to the ASD looking to share the cost of hotel. If interested, please PM me.
Sorry, I've got that covered. I would, ordinarily.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:37 pm

I just got an email from an alum who is now the head of the legal department for the Discovery Channel's parent company. I usually ignore most of these emails, but his job sounds pretty damn cool, so I emailed him back. I could think of worse jobs after graduation.

fenderjsm88

Bronze

Post by fenderjsm88 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:50 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:I just got an email from an alum who is now the head of the legal department for the Discovery Channel's parent company. I usually ignore most of these emails, but his job sounds pretty damn cool, so I emailed him back. I could think of worse jobs after graduation.
Yeah, that job sounds awesome. I'm very interested in media law, so it's good to know that at least one IU grad is doing well in the field. Plus, IU has a the Federal Communications Law Journal, which I am interested in..

Also, I believe that Discovery Communications in headquartered in Silver Spring, MD, a DC suburb near my hometown. Further proof that IU grads can be successful outside of the Midwest.

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:19 am

Vincent Vega wrote:I just got an email from an alum who is now the head of the legal department for the Discovery Channel's parent company. I usually ignore most of these emails, but his job sounds pretty damn cool, so I emailed him back. I could think of worse jobs after graduation.
:shock:

I'm a Comm person, so maybe my late app to IU was a good idea after all (except that they also WL sub3's with my LSAT. Sigh).

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:14 am

keg411 wrote:
:shock:

I'm a Comm person, so maybe my late app to IU was a good idea after all (except that they also WL sub3's with my LSAT. Sigh).
You've got a shot, though, if you have good softs. I have a 165 myself.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

becauseimaddicted

New

Post by becauseimaddicted » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:26 pm

Does anyone know the date by which one has to commit to IU? I know they don't require a seat deposit but I can't find a date anywhere on the website.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:32 pm

becauseimaddicted wrote:Does anyone know the date by which one has to commit to IU? I know they don't require a seat deposit but I can't find a date anywhere on the website.
4/1 for me

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:37 pm

Veritas wrote:
becauseimaddicted wrote:Does anyone know the date by which one has to commit to IU? I know they don't require a seat deposit but I can't find a date anywhere on the website.
4/1 for me
4/9 for me.

Veritas

Gold

Post by Veritas » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:
Veritas wrote:
4/1 for me
4/9 for me.
how did you get that?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:38 pm

They don't make you pay a deposit, though.

sleepygirl

New

Post by sleepygirl » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Veritas wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
Veritas wrote:
4/1 for me
4/9 for me.
how did you get that?
I emailed Dani & she gave me an extension to 4/15

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:19 pm

Veritas wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:
Veritas wrote:
4/1 for me
4/9 for me.
how did you get that?
That's what was stated in the letter, I assumed they determined it based on the acceptance date.

mazzini

Bronze

Post by mazzini » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:30 pm

So I just received an email informing me that my file is complete but it also lists my complete date at 2/19. Any significance to this email whatsoever? Also, why a month late just for a complete email?

I haven't had the chance to sift through this entire thread so forgive me if this has been discussed before...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

DoktorZaius

New

Post by DoktorZaius » Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:36 pm

mazzini wrote:So I just received an email informing me that my file is complete but it also lists my complete date at 2/19. Any significance to this email whatsoever? Also, why a month late just for a complete email?

I haven't had the chance to sift through this entire thread so forgive me if this has been discussed before...
Same just happened to me today as well, but I was complete on 2/22.

DeSilentio2728

Bronze

Post by DeSilentio2728 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:25 pm

DoktorZaius wrote:
mazzini wrote:So I just received an email informing me that my file is complete but it also lists my complete date at 2/19. Any significance to this email whatsoever? Also, why a month late just for a complete email?

Same 2/22

jimicornerstone

New

Post by jimicornerstone » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:38 pm

DeSilentio2728 wrote:
DoktorZaius wrote:

Same 2/22
Me four

roguey

Bronze

Post by roguey » Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 am

jimicornerstone wrote:
DeSilentio2728 wrote:
DoktorZaius wrote:

Same 2/22
Me four
Me five. Says I was complete on 1/29 :(

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

algren

Bronze

Post by algren » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:02 pm

roguey wrote:

Me five. Says I was complete on 1/29 :(
FWIW, I went complete back on 1/25 and did NOT receive this email this morning. Although I did receive a complete email back around that time.

hiromoto45

Silver

Post by hiromoto45 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 pm

I just want my decision and I interviewed! What is taking so long?

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:25 pm

I don't know why they did the interviews. It seems they don't really want anyone they interviewed anyway.

Threepeat

Bronze

Post by Threepeat » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:01 pm

Does anyone know what the "career fair" will involve on Sat. at SLD?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”