In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Sg017

New

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by Sg017 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:13 am

kboulder wrote:
Sg017 wrote:Got a waitlist letter yesterday so it looks like my waiting game continues. My numbers are definitely low but I did interview so I have no idea what's going to happen. Anyone have suggestions for how to write the perfect loci?
Did you receive this letter via email or snail mail? Getting real nervous at this point...
snail mail. The letter is dated April 1st. I hope there's a lot of wl movement!

Modian

New

Post by Modian » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:26 pm

I didn't get the email either, but I sent a LOCI last week. Maybe they actually did add it to my file and didn't feel the need to ask? One can dream right?

FunkyJD

Silver

Post by FunkyJD » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:58 pm

Gave up, withdrew. Happy enough with current options. Good luck everyone.

ram jam

Bronze

Post by ram jam » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:13 pm

I was told yesterday, that I would have a decision within 10 days.

Today is day 2. Will the school that charges no seat deposit keep their word? Will I truly have a decision in the next 9 days?

ace_n_the_hole

New

Post by ace_n_the_hole » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm

My application went complete in the middle of January. I have not received any correspondence from the admissions committee regarding my application since my application went complete. I called them two weeks ago to find out my application status and they said I should have a decision soon. I called back today and they still have not even reviewed my application and to call back in another 2-3 weeks. (I also submitted an LOCI) FML

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 pm

In via email, packet should be coming soon.
How much later after admission did you guys hear about money?

Jaded

New

Post by Jaded » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:35 pm

Hello folks. Just got accepted via email! They sent the email two days ago asking if I was still interested. Pretty quick decision.

jimicornerstone

New

Post by jimicornerstone » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:37 pm

Jaded wrote:Hello folks. Just got accepted via email! They sent the email two days ago asking if I was still interested. Pretty quick decision.
+1. This is the highest ranked school I've gotten into so I may give it some thought.

buckmulligan58

New

Post by buckmulligan58 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:10 pm

I'm in also. Got the interested e-mail as well. What a relief.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

HondoK

New

Post by HondoK » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:47 pm

buckmulligan58 wrote:I'm in also. Got the interested e-mail as well. What a relief.
+1, I'm so relieved and excited

Modian

New

Post by Modian » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:48 pm

ugh, didn't get the email(s). hopefully there's one more admit batch coming.....

keg411

Platinum

Post by keg411 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:05 pm

Modian wrote:ugh, didn't get the email(s). hopefully there's one more admit batch coming.....
+1

But I don't know if they've even read my application yet. And if they have, I'm expecting a WL anyway.

klussy

Bronze

Post by klussy » Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

does this school even reply to emails? I sent them one this morning and didn't get a response (yet?)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:00 pm

klussy wrote:does this school even reply to emails? I sent them one this morning and didn't get a response (yet?)
Yes they do.

Did anyone accepted today get informed of any scholarship money?

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:21 pm

primusux wrote:Did anyone accepted today get informed of any scholarship money?
Not me
That is why I was curious as to when people heard.

primusux

Bronze

Post by primusux » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:25 pm

superflush wrote:
primusux wrote:Did anyone accepted today get informed of any scholarship money?
Not me
That is why I was curious as to when people heard.

I got the email as well, but no mention of money.

Jaded

New

Post by Jaded » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:08 pm

Same here, no mention of money. Saw the little notification in parentheses that the admit packet was on the way. Maybe that'll have $ info.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm

In my case, the scholarship info came with the admit package. I never got an email, though, so I don't know how long it will take for you to get that packet in the mail.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:48 am

Vincent Vega wrote:In my case, the scholarship info came with the admit package. I never got an email, though, so I don't know how long it will take for you to get that packet in the mail.
Okay, then I'll expect that if there is any scholly offer it will be with the packet.
Thanks.

mazzini

Bronze

Post by mazzini » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:03 am

Ugh, I'm sick of waiting... I applied late (feb. 5th) so I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard. Was complete on the 19th of that month, according to the email I received in late march. Should I give up on this school??? I have compelling offers but I like the school because of its geographic location. Just wondering if people think acceptances/money is gone. If there is no chance of a decent scholarship I'm out for sure. Stats are 168,3.3.

lawwhat

New

Post by lawwhat » Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:24 am

mazzini wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of waiting... I applied late (feb. 5th) so I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard. Was complete on the 19th of that month, according to the email I received in late march. Should I give up on this school??? I have compelling offers but I like the school because of its geographic location. Just wondering if people think acceptances/money is gone. If there is no chance of a decent scholarship I'm out for sure. Stats are 168,3.3.
I'm probably not getting in and I have already deposited at a school I'd love to attend, but I have always had a thing for Indiana. The long and short of my LOCI: Indiana, I've wanted to attend your university since age 17. That was when I saw Breaking Away for the first time and I've probably seen it 8 times or so since. I would love to ride the little 500 and sing "Oh Indiana, We're All For You...." with my fellow classmates post race. Please let me in. I would want to attend even if you were ranked 50. That's how much I love that movie and your school as a result of the association. PS. I was glad to see Jackie Earl Haley reemerge after years of no substantive work. I most recently saw him the other night on "Human Target." Great actor. It's too bad Dennis Chrisopher hasn't been as successful as of late. I realize that Indiana U has no actual ties to these actors, but I will always associate them with IU. Anyway, I love your school.

I'm sending the same LOCI to Harvard but I'm substituting Soul Man for Breaking Away and I praise C Thomas Howell's early work before lamenting his lack of recent success.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:15 am

mazzini wrote:Should I give up on this school???
I wouldn't, unless you definitely wouldn't go considering your other options.

crm

Bronze

Post by crm » Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:23 pm

mazzini wrote:Ugh, I'm sick of waiting... I applied late (feb. 5th) so I'm wondering if that is why I haven't heard. Was complete on the 19th of that month, according to the email I received in late march. Should I give up on this school??? I have compelling offers but I like the school because of its geographic location. Just wondering if people think acceptances/money is gone. If there is no chance of a decent scholarship I'm out for sure. Stats are 168,3.3.

I applied early january and I'm still waiting as well

KINGJV61

New

Post by KINGJV61 » Sat Apr 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Got accepted via email. Will get admit packet via USPS

Spoonmanners

Bronze

Post by Spoonmanners » Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:27 pm

If it helps, I'm pretty sure the stuff I got from them last year was first class mail. So hopefully they don't keep you waiting too long and you should have it Monday.

And congrats on the acceptances, and good luck on $$$.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”