In at IU-Bloomington!!!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
newyorklaw23

New

Re: In at IU-Bloomington!!!!

Post by newyorklaw23 » Fri May 14, 2010 2:16 pm

danquayle wrote:This is ridiculous. I almost fill like calling admissions myself and being like, what the hell is up with you all? You're losing good candidates left and right.
+1 I'm about to turn the corner on 6 months of waiting.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Sun May 16, 2010 4:58 pm

ChalkyTrouble wrote:Just out of curiosity, what were some of your allz biggest reasons for choosing Indy/making it your first choice?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkRIbUT6u7Q

ChalkyTrouble

New

Post by ChalkyTrouble » Sun May 16, 2010 6:53 pm

These IU professors have excellent voices...they'll go far

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon May 17, 2010 12:38 pm

ChalkyTrouble wrote:These IU professors have excellent voices...they'll go far
Yeah, man, it must be because IU has that amazing music school. Joshua Bell is rubbing off on the law school.

eupelia

New

Post by eupelia » Mon May 17, 2010 7:17 pm

ChalkyTrouble wrote:anyone hear anything recently? if so, by snail mail/email/etc.? just going a little crazy with this wait... :shock:
I was accepted via email on the 14th. Can some folks who received scholarships perhaps post LSAT scores/ numerics and figures?

I know I can't attend without scholarship help...perhaps I should call and beg? Not sure what to say, though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon May 17, 2010 7:53 pm

eupelia wrote:
ChalkyTrouble wrote:anyone hear anything recently? if so, by snail mail/email/etc.? just going a little crazy with this wait... :shock:
I was accepted via email on the 14th. Can some folks who received scholarships perhaps post LSAT scores/ numerics and figures?

I know I can't attend without scholarship help...perhaps I should call and beg? Not sure what to say, though.
165/3.93

ticklememauve

Bronze

Post by ticklememauve » Mon May 17, 2010 8:29 pm

eupelia wrote:

I'm pretty sure I'm going to be asking for a deferral for a year because of the financial issue--I cannot attend without financial aid, either. At least if I take a year off, I can save up more to afford it. I was a late admit, about two weeks ago.

I'm going for a campus visit on the 25th--anyone going to be in town by chance? I've never been to Bloomington before.

ChewbaccaDefense

New

Post by ChewbaccaDefense » Mon May 17, 2010 8:43 pm

ticklememauve wrote: I'm going for a campus visit on the 25th--anyone going to be in town by chance? I've never been to Bloomington before.
I'm flying back three days before you go. I'll post my thoughts when I get back.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Mon May 17, 2010 9:44 pm

ticklememauve wrote:I'm going for a campus visit on the 25th--anyone going to be in town by chance? I've never been to Bloomington before.
I'm not going to be there, but this is the time of year to visit there. IU is a lot more aesthetically pleasing in the warm months; it can be kind of dreary in the winter.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ChalkyTrouble

New

Post by ChalkyTrouble » Mon May 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Application Received: November.
Complete/Interview: January
Rejection: May 17th

I suppose this kind of post belongs on something more like The Ding Bar but as I have stalked this Indy forum for months and months now, I figure that a reflection on here is more appropriate (if not equally boring/pointless). I am not terribly bitter at Indy, my numbers weren't up to snuff: that being said, an interview + long waiting period, well, it gives a poor sap hope, even if he knows better. A small part of me feels like they should have least ended it quickly, but enough bitching; it would have been fun to play Sink the Biz with many of you. Things I take away from this whole process, not relating to Indy.

1. If a school that is far above your numbers (non-URM) emails you and encourages you to reply, they are not simply recognizing your intangible, inevitable greatness or even pursuing you because of your sick dance moves. Do not waste your money.

2. Northern Kentucky/University of Detroit Mercy/Etc. will want you as hard as you will want any school on your list. Spam folders are nice and prevent Inbox (1) psych-outs.

3. Maybe trolls just weren't hugged enough as children. I feel that most of them are the types that "Like" their own facebook statuses.

4. Best TLS quote I have ever come across, feel free to offer your own: "If you have time to get laid, you are not gunning hard enough."

Good luck to those attending IU, and even better luck to those going elsewhere.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Tue May 18, 2010 9:42 am

Sorry, Chalky. fwiw I got hosed by my dream school, so I know how it feels. Good luck with everything in the future.

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue May 18, 2010 7:11 pm

Vincent Vega wrote:
labyrinth wrote:Has anyone been able to access their email? Imail or Umail or whatever? I'm so confused.
I tried and failed. I emailed IT and they said I'm still classified as an applicant, and that I won't be able to access mail until I get changed over to student status. IDK when that will happen.
Do you have anything besides .. Well, nothing. I guess I mean, does anybody have any ID or username to login to anything, email, etc. I don't have anythinht ... But if there is something out there, I want it.

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Tue May 18, 2010 8:52 pm

superflush wrote:
Vincent Vega wrote:
labyrinth wrote:Has anyone been able to access their email? Imail or Umail or whatever? I'm so confused.
I tried and failed. I emailed IT and they said I'm still classified as an applicant, and that I won't be able to access mail until I get changed over to student status. IDK when that will happen.
Do you have anything besides .. Well, nothing. I guess I mean, does anybody have any ID or username to login to anything, email, etc. I don't have anythinht ... But if there is something out there, I want it.
I got my email to work about a month ago. I have no idea how I did it, though. It took me about four hours total to get it functioning, and I still don't know how to just log on and check it. I managed to have it forward everything to my gmail address.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

superflush

Silver

Post by superflush » Tue May 18, 2010 9:36 pm

Whats the process of them giving us a login or an ID number. I haven't gotten anything?
Did you give them anything before being able to get into the email?

Zapatero

Silver

Post by Zapatero » Tue May 18, 2010 10:04 pm

superflush wrote:Whats the process of them giving us a login or an ID number. I haven't gotten anything?
Did you give them anything before being able to get into the email?
Upon committing, they sent me an email with an ID number beginning with 00027xxxx. After that, I went to the link they provided below ( http://itaccounts.iu.edu/ ), clicked on "Create my first IU computing account" and jumped through hoops for several hours setting up passphrases and so forth. Check your email for a message titled "Indiana Law - UID".

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Wed May 19, 2010 11:22 am

I'm not sure if it was unique to me or not but once I setup the email account, I wasn't able to access it immediately. The next day though it worked fine so maybe it just doesn't work right away...?

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Wed May 19, 2010 12:37 pm

I have not had any luck setting my email up. Once I set the pass phrase and then try to log in I get a message saying the ID can't be authenticated. I've went through the process of resetting the pass phrase a few times and still no luck. I will probably just call support in less someone here has some insight on how to get this thing working.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

narkizopoint

Bronze

Post by narkizopoint » Wed May 19, 2010 1:21 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:I have not had any luck setting my email up. Once I set the pass phrase and then try to log in I get a message saying the ID can't be authenticated. I've went through the process of resetting the pass phrase a few times and still no luck. I will probably just call support in less someone here has some insight on how to get this thing working.
Yeah, that's exactly what was happening to me but after waiting a day it worked fine for me. Seems like the pass phrase takes a day to get cataloged or something.

ec2xs

Bronze

Post by ec2xs » Wed May 19, 2010 1:36 pm

I applied in late December/early January and decided to email the admissions offices. They were very polite, and told me that I would be hearing back next week. Hope this helps.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Wed May 19, 2010 1:47 pm

narkizopoint wrote:
SportsFanatic wrote:I have not had any luck setting my email up. Once I set the pass phrase and then try to log in I get a message saying the ID can't be authenticated. I've went through the process of resetting the pass phrase a few times and still no luck. I will probably just call support in less someone here has some insight on how to get this thing working.
Yeah, that's exactly what was happening to me but after waiting a day it worked fine for me. Seems like the pass phrase takes a day to get cataloged or something.
I tried to do mine about two months ago, and despite about 15 emails, I still have yet to be able to log in. This is very disappointing.

Jay-Electronica

Bronze

Post by Jay-Electronica » Wed May 19, 2010 11:02 pm

Did you guys get the financial aid and 1L news e-mail today????? I was hoping that money for living expenses would come before school starts.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu May 20, 2010 8:26 am

Jay-Electronica wrote:Did you guys get the financial aid and 1L news e-mail today????? I was hoping that money for living expenses would come before school starts.
I got it. I was told by the guy from financial aid that you should be able to get your student loan money 10-14 days before the semester starts.

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Thu May 20, 2010 11:13 am

I got it too. Really puts things in perspective, law school is just around the corner.
Vincent Vega wrote:
narkizopoint wrote:
I tried to do mine about two months ago, and despite about 15 emails, I still have yet to be able to log in. This is very disappointing.
I guess I will keep plugging at it and hope it just works.

SportsFanatic

Bronze

Post by SportsFanatic » Thu May 20, 2010 11:40 am

Are you guys having your official transcripts mailed to the admissions office? Or faxed? My school even offers an email option.

Vincent Vega

Silver

Post by Vincent Vega » Thu May 20, 2010 3:48 pm

SportsFanatic wrote:Are you guys having your official transcripts mailed to the admissions office? Or faxed? My school even offers an email option.
I sent in a request today. My UG only does official transcripts through the mail. That might be antiquated, but they also don't charge you anything, so you take the bad with the good.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”