BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
NancyBotwin

Re: BU! woot.

Postby NancyBotwin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:41 pm

jks289 wrote:Did anyone else get the BU Week in the Life email? Why would you send something like that to an applicant. Do they want me to have a heart attack?

I got that one last month some time.

lockeesq

Postby lockeesq » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Woo! Just got my packet today in the mail, but go my call last Thursday! Very excited :)

H. E. Pennypacker

Postby H. E. Pennypacker » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:17 pm

jks289 wrote:Did anyone else get the BU Week in the Life email? Why would you send something like that to an applicant. Do they want me to have a heart attack?

bastards

jks289

Postby jks289 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:23 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

bastards

Sadists. I really want to respond "Why won't you love me?"

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:33 pm

So, just to recap, did nobody get a call today?

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:34 pm

Burger in a can wrote:So, just to recap, did nobody get a call today?

That question reminds me of the "Raise your hand if you're not here" joke. Please respond, nobody, if you got a call. :wink:

iheartucla

Postby iheartucla » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:37 pm

jks289 wrote:
H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

bastards

Sadists. I really want to respond "Why won't you love me?"

haha I almost pissed myself when I see the email, kind of like the GW packet I got in the mail this week *sigh* they like to mess with us

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:04 pm

H. E. Pennypacker wrote:

bastards

If BU does not want me there, why BU teases me with its student life!!!
Last edited by lifeaway1985 on Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

R. Hood

Postby R. Hood » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:53 pm

Just got my scholarship info! 75,000$ yayyyy yahhh

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:57 pm

R. Hood wrote:Just got my scholarship info! 75,000$ yayyyy yahhh

NICE!!! Congratulations!

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:23 pm

wow very nice. I got the call last Wednesday and they said they'd mail it out on Thursday...but still no packet. How long did it take to receive the packet after the call? I'm out here in Cali.

R. Hood

Postby R. Hood » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:07 pm

killuminati wrote:

wow very nice. I got the call last Wednesday and they said they'd mail it out on Thursday...but still no packet. How long did it take to receive the packet after the call? I'm out here in Cali.

They actually e-mailed me my acceptance and sent the package to my Mom's house in Colorado. I'm living abroad (like wayy abroad), so I guess this was actually the right thing to do. The scholarship info came two weeks later to my mother, who almost used it for kindling.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:09 pm

R. Hood wrote:
killuminati wrote:

They actually e-mailed me my acceptance and sent the package to my Mom's house in Colorado. I'm living abroad (like wayy abroad), so I guess this was actually the right thing to do. The scholarship info came two weeks later to my mother, who almost used it for kindling.

any idea how long it took to get the packet after the notification of acceptance? I'm dying buddy...I want my packet!!!

hellogoodbye1

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 pm

killuminati wrote:
R. Hood wrote:
killuminati wrote:

any idea how long it took to get the packet after the notification of acceptance? I'm dying buddy...I want my packet!!!

me too!! got the call thursday, but still nothing!!

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:16 pm

I got the call on Wednesday actually but they said they'd mail it out Thursday!!! They say they mail next day...so Friday for you maybe? Boston to LA...how much farther can it get...come on mailman you promised me 2 days!!! Today he had the most apologetic look on his face when he came to my door with a credit card bill but no packet!

hellogoodbye1

Postby hellogoodbye1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:27 pm

killuminati wrote:I got the call on Wednesday actually but they said they'd mail it out Thursday!!! They say they mail next day...so Friday for you maybe? Boston to LA...how much farther can it get...come on mailman you promised me 2 days!!! Today he had the most apologetic look on his face when he came to my door with a credit card bill but no packet!

yep! they said friday for me.. i just want to see my first acceptance letter :( haha

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 am

hellogoodbye1 wrote:
killuminati wrote:I got the call on Wednesday actually but they said they'd mail it out Thursday!!! They say they mail next day...so Friday for you maybe? Boston to LA...how much farther can it get...come on mailman you promised me 2 days!!! Today he had the most apologetic look on his face when he came to my door with a credit card bill but no packet!

yep! they said friday for me.. i just want to see my first acceptance letter :( haha

+1

slb052

Postby slb052 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 am

Burger in a can wrote:wow very nice. I got the call last Wednesday and they said they'd mail it out on Thursday...but still no packet. How long did it take to receive the packet after the call? I'm out here in Cali.

+1
could reallllllly use some mail to boost my self esteem right now BU! although I guess I shouldn't complain, really...

I'm also in CA, btw.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:17 am

slb052 wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:wow very nice. I got the call last Wednesday and they said they'd mail it out on Thursday...but still no packet. How long did it take to receive the packet after the call? I'm out here in Cali.

+1
could reallllllly use some mail to boost my self esteem right now BU! although I guess I shouldn't complain, really...

I'm also in CA, btw.

did you get the call wednesday? so thursday mailout?...

slb052

Postby slb052 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:19 am

killuminati wrote:
slb052 wrote:

+1

I'm also in CA, btw.

got the call thursday, with a friday mailing date (allegedly).

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:23 am

slb052 wrote:
killuminati wrote:
slb052 wrote:

+1

I'm also in CA, btw.

got the call thursday, with a friday mailing date (allegedly).

ahhh icic...so one day after...hopefully by tomorrow or by this week's end...waiting on BC as well. They mailed today!!!

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:18 pm

Got an email yesterday saying they want my grades from this semester soon as I get them. Does this mean anything? I took it that if they wanted to waitlist or reject me straight out they would have done that. Or am I wrong and it means nothing? Also, should I e-mail them and make sure they know I am still very much interested in attending and will send my grades in as soon as possible or do they know that implicitly and will keep my file under review till I send it to them?

tram988

Postby tram988 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:20 pm

Cardboardbox wrote:Got an email yesterday saying they want my grades from this semester soon as I get them. Does this mean anything? I took it that if they wanted to waitlist or reject me straight out they would have done that. Or am I wrong and it means nothing? Also, should I e-mail them and make sure they know I am still very much interested in attending and will send my grades in as soon as possible or do they know that implicitly and will keep my file under review till I send it to them?

Whats you GPA? Im trying to get a sense of why they are asking for them

mxc

Postby mxc » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:21 pm

It's probably more related to GPA trend than what your cumulative GPA actually is.

Cardboardbox

Postby Cardboardbox » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:29 pm

tram988 wrote:
Cardboardbox wrote:Got an email yesterday saying they want my grades from this semester soon as I get them. Does this mean anything? I took it that if they wanted to waitlist or reject me straight out they would have done that. Or am I wrong and it means nothing? Also, should I e-mail them and make sure they know I am still very much interested in attending and will send my grades in as soon as possible or do they know that implicitly and will keep my file under review till I send it to them?

Whats you GPA? Im trying to get a sense of why they are asking for them

3.74. Which is nearing to their 75th, so it's not exactly like I've got a low gpa and they're looking for an upward trend, unless they're hoping I can boost it more so as to shift their rankings? idk

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”