BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:25 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Sigh. Prettttty quiet in here today, huh? :|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erVewRbMcPw

Too quiet. I'm realizing we're both pining for BU/BC and awaiting good news from UConn, too. I hope it all works out for both of us!

Yes! I desperately want to be forced to make a difficult, non-rankings-based decision between BU, BC, and UConn. :) I hope it works out too for us too. (Full Disclosure: I briefly fell in love with Cornell for a little while, but she's totally out of my league. I'm so over it.)

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:30 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:

Too quiet. I'm realizing we're both pining for BU/BC and awaiting good news from UConn, too. I hope it all works out for both of us!

Yes! I desperately want to be forced to make a difficult, non-rankings-based decision between BU, BC, and UConn. :) I hope it works out too for us too. (Full Disclosure: I briefly fell in love with Cornell for a little while, but she's totally out of my league. I'm so over it.)

And Berkeley is way out of my league, too. :wink: We also have Northeastern...I'm just not sure if I'd want to jump into no grades and a huge PI focus (co-op seems cool though). But it's an option!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:

And Berkeley is way out of my league, too. :wink: We also have Northeastern...I'm just not sure if I'd want to jump into no grades and a huge PI focus (co-op seems cool though). But it's an option!

Yeah- Northeastern seems pretty cool in a mildly unsettling kind of way, like that quiet kid who was older than you in high school-he drove a camaro and smoked cigarettes, but he was really nice and secretly smarter than he let on... 8)
The state of New Jersey is also apparently enthusiastic to have me, so it's nice to have some options already. But like I said, for me, BU/BC/CT is the holy trifecta.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:

+ 1.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

kalvano wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:

+ 1.

Yeah, Kalvano- I've noticed that you're definitely another frequent flyer in the BU/BC/UConn world. :)

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:40 pm

Burger in a can wrote:Yeah- Northeastern seems pretty cool in a mildly unsettling kind of way, like that quiet kid who was older than you in high school-he drove a camaro and smoked cigarettes, but he was really nice and secretly smarter than he let on... 8)
The state of New Jersey is also apparently enthusiastic to have me, so it's nice to have some options already. But like I said, for me, BU/BC/CT is the holy trifecta.

You're dead on about NEU - I feel the same way. I've just got a lot of connections in New England already, so it'd be nice to stick around this area and have a network during school. I pass BU every day on my way to work, and I die a little inside every time I see the law tower. These feelings would change with an acceptance, of course.

edit: +kalvano. The 3 of us are pretty close numbers-wise, I think (I'm 163/3.6ish). We can do it.

pieceofbeth

Postby pieceofbeth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey guys- I also live in Boston with similar numbers (164/3.6). Working at a big Boston firm and unhealthily checking these forums way too many times each day. Hope we all fare well!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:Yeah- Northeastern seems pretty cool in a mildly unsettling kind of way, like that quiet kid who was older than you in high school-he drove a camaro and smoked cigarettes, but he was really nice and secretly smarter than he let on... 8)

You're dead on about NEU - I feel the same way. I've just got a lot of connections in New England already, so it'd be nice to stick around this area and have a network during school. I pass BU every day on my way to work, and I die a little inside every time I see the law tower. These feelings would change with an acceptance, of course.

edit: +kalvano. The 3 of us are pretty close numbers-wise, I think (I'm 163/3.6ish). We can do it.

Yes!!! I like the enthusiasm! I think good things are going to happen! :mrgreen:

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:51 pm

GobiasIndustries wrote:edit: +kalvano. The 3 of us are pretty close numbers-wise, I think (I'm 163/3.6ish). We can do it.

Just know that if we have to fight to the death for one spot, you seem nice and all, but I will go medieval on your ass.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:53 pm

pieceofbeth wrote:Hey guys- I also live in Boston with similar numbers (164/3.6). Working at a big Boston firm and unhealthily checking these forums way too many times each day. Hope we all fare well!

Hi Pieceofbath. I am pretty much a full-on TLS junkie these days, so if you're only checking in intermittently throughout the day, you're still in good shape. :) Good luck!

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm

kalvano wrote:
GobiasIndustries wrote:edit: +kalvano. The 3 of us are pretty close numbers-wise, I think (I'm 163/3.6ish). We can do it.

Just know that if we have to fight to the death for one spot, you seem nice and all, but I will go medieval on your ass.

I understand. But you should know that I have a guard dog:
--ImageRemoved--

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi. Just joining.

Does BU not have a status checker?

I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they had received my application but still needed another LOR. Then I called last week and found out I was complete. I couldn't find a status checker on their website, so I'm guessing that they don't have one. Is this true?

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:12 pm

I will see your guard dog and raise you two...

Which is also the reason I need to rent a house wherever I go.

smiley

Postby smiley » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:14 pm

kalvano wrote:I will see your guard dog and raise you two...

oh snap, that second one looks like he can't wait for the go ahead to tear open some victims.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:15 pm

k
Last edited by Burger in a can on Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:20 pm

smiley wrote:oh snap, that second one looks like he can't wait for the go ahead to tear open some victims.

He's the laziest dog I have ever had in my life. He might be able to bite someone, but about 3 seconds in, he would lose interest and wander off to nap.

Thankfully, his papers say "Boxer mix".

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:21 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote:I will see your guard dog and raise you two...

Oh man! No fair! Yours are actually large and conceivably intimidating! Mine is just soft and sleepy. (yeah- it would be great to find someplace with a yard...)

EDIT: Wait! I found a picture of my guard dog viciously attacking an intruder!!!
--ImageRemoved--

I believe the incredible cuteness of your pup would make mine want to play.

Wouldn't it be awesome to get a phone call from BU right now?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:23 pm

kalvano wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome to get a phone call from BU right now?

Yes.

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Burger in a can wrote:
kalvano wrote: Wouldn't it be awesome to get a phone call from BU right now?

Yes.

Yes.

::looks around shiftily::

je_ne_regrette_rien

Postby je_ne_regrette_rien » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:05 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:Hi. Just joining.

I got an email a few weeks ago saying that they had received my application but still needed another LOR. Then I called last week and found out I was complete. I couldn't find a status checker on their website, so I'm guessing that they don't have one. Is this true?

I think this got lost among the cute dogs. Any answers?

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:

Oh man, sorry! No, no status checker. :)

GobiasIndustries

Postby GobiasIndustries » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:06 pm

je_ne_regrette_rien wrote:

I'm pretty sure they don't have one.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 pm

haha nice dogs...I have a doberman pinscher and I'm worried about what to do with her...she is very very big and so I would need a house with a backyard.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:08 pm

gluck to all of you guys, I really hope you guys get in. Are you guys on LSN? I'm under the same ID.

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

killuminati wrote:gluck to all of you guys, I really hope you guys get in. Are you guys on LSN? I'm under the same ID.

Yup. Thanks! Congratulations on your awesome acceptances, especially BU! Where do you think you'll end up?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”