BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Burger in a can

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:17 pm

killuminati wrote:IN AT BU! Sorry I didn't post earlier, I just got back volunteering at an learning center for underprivileged children. Wow, look me up on LSN, I am no auto-admit but I had strong softs and overcame very unusual circumstances (I'm serious about this one, it's personal so I don't want to write about it here). Also, I took twice as many classes my senior year of school (we run a quarter system). That year I took 15 classes, and finished top 3 in every class 4.0's, a perfect year...so I'm glad BU saw past my 3.33 lsdas gpa (which includes community college classes D's and C's, which I took during high school). Anyways, don't give up hope and write great softs. I don't want to sound like a dbag but I was the first to get contacted by e-mail...even before TooHot4tls and the others...about a month ago. I'm non-trad, I've been out of school and working for 2 years now, they wanted more information. I got a call and a voicemail from them yesterday...only to confirm receipt of my additional softs they had requested earlier. Then today...I've been partying...got into WUSTL w/scholly consideration...found out last night via e-mail...woke up 3:30pm...voicemail and call left at 11:11am PT, so 2:11pm ET.

VERITAS WE DID IT!!!

Awesome! You give me hope! Congratulations. Sounds like you definitely earned it! :)

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:43 pm

managamy wrote:
killuminati wrote:IN AT BU! Sorry I didn't post earlier, I just got back volunteering at an learning center for underprivileged children. Wow, look me up on LSN, I am no auto-admit but I had strong softs and overcame very unusual circumstances (I'm serious about this one, it's personal so I don't want to write about it here). Also, I took twice as many classes my senior year of school (we run a quarter system). That year I took 15 classes, and finished top 3 in every class 4.0's, a perfect year...so I'm glad BU saw past my 3.33 lsdas gpa (which includes community college classes D's and C's, which I took during high school). Anyways, don't give up hope and write great softs. I don't want to sound like a dbag but I was the first to get contacted by e-mail...even before TooHot4tls and the others...about a month ago. I'm non-trad, I've been out of school and working for 2 years now, they wanted more information. I got a call and a voicemail from them yesterday...only to confirm receipt of my additional softs they had requested earlier. Then today...I've been partying...got into WUSTL w/scholly consideration...found out last night via e-mail...woke up 3:30pm...voicemail and call left at 11:11am PT, so 2:11pm ET.

VERITAS WE DID IT!!!

Damn. My hat is off to you, friend. One year, fifteen classes. Hope that you have a splendid holiday!

Thank you soo much. I'm sure you will get in with your numbers, you have a stronger application and I'm sure you are going to get the phone call. I applied really early (took the June LSAT's) and so I've been getting early responses. Best of Luck =).

Burger in a can

Postby Burger in a can » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:50 pm

managamy wrote:So please don't lynch me for asking this question, but when did the current acceptances go under review?

YOU GOT IN TO HARVARD!! NYU!!! UCLA!!! GULC!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

just kidding- that was me trying to lynch you :)

Since there is no status checker, I don't think anyone knows when they went under review.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:51 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:53 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

killuminati

Postby killuminati » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:00 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm glad I can give hope to people that think BU is a reach for them because my GPA according to LSN would've had me rejected/waitlisted last year. Send in ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, even if they don't ask for it...if you think it can help. Really, I realized I should mention this 15 class excerpt I wrote here and send it to USC/UCLA tomorrow. I live right next to those two schools, so I will write something up tonight and drop it off to them personally. The additional information and contact with Boston's AMAZING/PROMPT/COURTEOUS admissions committee really helped put me over the top. Here's to hoping for the best, softs do matter, don't lose hope guys =).
Last edited by killuminati on Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:01 pm

krispykitten wrote:
Burger in a can wrote:
managamy wrote:So please don't lynch me for asking this question, but when did the current acceptances go under review?

YOU GOT IN TO HARVARD!! NYU!!! UCLA!!! GULC!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?

just kidding- that was me trying to lynch you :)

Since there is no status checker, I don't think anyone knows when they went under review.

WALK THE PLANK!

--ImageRemoved--

Awww...so cute. I've always been a cat person.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:03 pm

I hate cats.

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:06 pm

managamy wrote:Awww...so cute. I've always been a cat person.

Aww yay. I love that picture-- glad you do too (congrats, seriously)

Veritas wrote:I hate cats.

What??? I can't imagine you hating anything, let alone little kitties :(

jdmamba

Postby jdmamba » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

In via phone. 3.79, 166, Sent 11/15, Decent softs. :)

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:07 pm

krispykitten wrote:

:oops: ok I don't hate, I'm just very allergic. So, since I can't cuddle with them I pretend to dislike them, it lessens the pain.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:11 pm

I also am terribly allergic, which makes them a forbidden pleasure. But e-cats and e-kittens are delightful!

krispykitten

Postby krispykitten » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:13 pm

Last edited by krispykitten on Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:22 pm

Veritas wrote:
krispykitten wrote:

:oops: ok I don't hate, I'm just very allergic. So, since I can't cuddle with them I pretend to dislike them, it lessens the pain.

Ahh, what's a little allergy between cute, cuddly friends?

I actually discovered that I might be allergic to cats after hating cats all my life and then being persuaded to adopt one and then taking his sister when my roommate didn't want her. So now I have two and sneeze a lot. But I've discovered cats are actually kinda cool and I work through the pain.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:36 pm

If only it were that easy. I have natural breathing problems anyway, and cat allergies would exacerbate them enough to send me to the hospital if I spend a whole day with them. But a quick cuddle of my relatives' cats is fine.

Veritas

Postby Veritas » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:49 pm

beesknees wrote:

I actually discovered that I might be allergic to cats after hating cats all my life and then being persuaded to adopt one and then taking his sister when my roommate didn't want her. So now I have two and sneeze a lot. But I've discovered cats are actually kinda cool and I work through the pain.

if only it was a "little" allergy.

One time a cat just touched my hand with its paw, and I got a red puff on my hand in the shape of a cat paw!!!!

I'm also allergic to penicillin, pollen, ducks and raw squash.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Veritas wrote:
beesknees wrote:

if only it was a "little" allergy.

One time a cat just touched my hand with its paw, and I got a red puff on my hand in the shape of a cat paw!!!!

I'm also allergic to penicillin, pollen, ducks and raw squash.

I'm also allergic to penicillin (+ other antibiotics), pollen of all types, hay, cut grass, eggs, some shellfish, garlic, and pepper. But nuts are fine! I heart peanut butter and eat it all the time.

beesknees

Postby beesknees » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:53 pm

Oh, well, I guess if it endangers your ability to breathe properly, then its understandable. And maybe its for the better since you're a future law student. Mine have an incredibly annoying habit of climbing onto the desk to lay on any open textbook I happen to be reading.

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:10 am

killuminati wrote:Thanks everyone. I'm glad I can give hope to people that think BU is a reach for them because my GPA according to LSN would've had me rejected/waitlisted last year. Send in ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, even if they don't ask for it...if you think it can help. Really, I realized I should mention this 15 class excerpt I wrote here and send it to USC/UCLA tomorrow. I live right next to those two schools, so I will write something up tonight and drop it off to them personally. The additional information and contact with Boston's AMAZING/PROMPT/COURTEOUS admissions committee really helped put me over the top. Here's to hoping for the best, softs do matter, don't lose hope guys =).

Do it. You can cite my post if you want (just kidding :P ).

dms87

Postby dms87 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:32 am

beesknees wrote:Oh, well, I guess if it endangers your ability to breathe properly, then its understandable. And maybe its for the better since you're a future law student. Mine have an incredibly annoying habit of climbing onto the desk to lay on any open textbook I happen to be reading.

QFMFT!

Wow you guys are allergic to a lot of stuff!

CardinalRules

Postby CardinalRules » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 am

dms87 wrote:
beesknees wrote:Oh, well, I guess if it endangers your ability to breathe properly, then its understandable. And maybe its for the better since you're a future law student. Mine have an incredibly annoying habit of climbing onto the desk to lay on any open textbook I happen to be reading.

QFMFT!

Could you explain the acronym?

dms87

Postby dms87 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:44 am

managamy wrote:
dms87 wrote:

QFMFT!

Could you explain the acronym?

Quoted For M**** F***** Truth
(Please don't ban me!)

slb052

Postby slb052 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:22 am

Diskette15 wrote:
Another one here, got the call this afternoon that I'm In! 169/3.6ish

+1! my first acceptance. very excited.

robotoroboto

Postby robotoroboto » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:29 am

In -- first acceptance

167/3.7

smiley

Postby smiley » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:28 am

so are there some calls this morning? are we expecting some? i refuse to lose hope.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”