BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sand87632
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby sand87632 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:06 pm

SAE wrote:The deadline is of the "postmarked" variety, correct?

Yes

User avatar
John J. Rambo, Esq.
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:04 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby John J. Rambo, Esq. » Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm

Also withdrew a little while ago, freeing up some cash. I hope it goes to a good home.

Jamaica88
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Jamaica88 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Also withdrew..

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:39 am

Second deposit received last week. Very excited! :)

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:29 pm

any waitlist movement yet?

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SAE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:24 am

Dear XXX,

Greetings from BU Law. I write to update you on the status of the waitlist. Now that our June 1 deposit deadline has passed, we can see that a limited number of seats will open up for our entering class this fall. Consequently, we will begin to admit applicants from our waitlist. The process of admission from the waitlist however will be a gradual one ? likely to extend throughout the summer. We thank you sincerely for your patience and we promise to keep you as informed as we can.

In return, we ask if for any reason you are no longer interested in a place in the class to please let us know by replying to this email. If you remain interested in BU Law, please be sure to continue to update us with any changes in your contact information.

Again, we appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for BU Law.

Sincerely,
Alissa Leonard

Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617.353.3100

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dreaming » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:26 am

SAE wrote:
Dear XXX,

Greetings from BU Law. I write to update you on the status of the waitlist. Now that our June 1 deposit deadline has passed, we can see that a limited number of seats will open up for our entering class this fall. Consequently, we will begin to admit applicants from our waitlist. The process of admission from the waitlist however will be a gradual one ? likely to extend throughout the summer. We thank you sincerely for your patience and we promise to keep you as informed as we can.

In return, we ask if for any reason you are no longer interested in a place in the class to please let us know by replying to this email. If you remain interested in BU Law, please be sure to continue to update us with any changes in your contact information.

Again, we appreciate your patience and your enthusiasm for BU Law.

Sincerely,
Alissa Leonard

Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Boston University School of Law
765 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
617.353.3100


Just got that email too. It sounds semi optimistic...or is that just me being optimistic...? :oops:

User avatar
SAE
Posts: 650
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:47 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby SAE » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:28 am

Has anyone on the waitlist not gotten this email?

Has anyone been rejected from the waitlist?

taxguy
Posts: 307
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby taxguy » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:31 am

For the OP who got into BU, what was your GPA (undergrad and grad) and LSAT?

sand87632
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:25 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby sand87632 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 10:41 am

taxguy wrote:For the OP who got into BU, what was your GPA (undergrad and grad) and LSAT?

3.49 UTexas 167

Fergie
Posts: 44
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:08 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Fergie » Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:33 pm

+1 got it too.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:33 pm

Fergie wrote:+1 got it too.

+1

User avatar
tomhaverford
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby tomhaverford » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:12 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
Fergie wrote:+1 got it too.

+1


+1

User avatar
Johannes de Silentio
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:06 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Johannes de Silentio » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:50 pm

tomhaverford wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
Fergie wrote:+1 got it too.

+1


+1


+1

HBK
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby HBK » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:55 pm

Johannes de Silentio wrote:
tomhaverford wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
Fergie wrote:+1 got it too.

+1


+1


+1


+1

User avatar
174
Posts: 183
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:03 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby 174 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Anyone still looking for a roommate? The person I was going to room with withdrew, so if anyone is still looking feel free to send me a PM.

User avatar
Mich33
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Mich33 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:18 am

any WL activity?

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby PunjabiLower » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm

any WL updates/news/activity?

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dreaming » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:24 am

PunjabiLower wrote:any WL updates/news/activity?


It doesn't seem like there has been any movement, but their email to us a few weeks ago had said they expected to let some people in...Maybe it will come sooooon?? :shock:

Ladypurlt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Ladypurlt » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:36 pm

I got in off the WL 2 weeks ago so there has been movement best of luck guys

User avatar
ajcollege
Posts: 64
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ajcollege » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:27 pm

Ladypurlt wrote:I got in off the WL 2 weeks ago so there has been movement best of luck guys


How did you find out? Did they call you or email you?

Ladypurlt
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Ladypurlt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:43 pm

They called me. left a message to call them back, then they told me I was in, felt like heaven

PunjabiLower
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby PunjabiLower » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:38 am

So I guess thats it then...no more off the waitlist?

clseller
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:53 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby clseller » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Is anyone looking for housing right now? I still need to find a place to live. Would prefer somewhere within walking distance. PM me if you need a housemate. 24 years old/male.

User avatar
JusticeHarlan
Posts: 1434
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:56 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby JusticeHarlan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:33 pm

Released from the waitlist today via email.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”