BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:34 pm

OMFG I hope you guys have pettit. I hope I have him in the fall.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jks289 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:43 pm

dakatz wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Mattalones wrote:Has anyone read the case that they sent us for our Preview Day class yet? I just finished it and found myself laughing several times :lol:


When did you get it? In the mail? Online? I haven't gotten anything.

Edit: Help! I don't want to be unprepared for my first (fake) law school class. :shock:


They send out an email with all the details for the Preview Day and a link to the case is within that email.


They sent me an email with schedule links but I can't find the case link anywhere. Can you pm me the link, please? :oops:

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:46 pm

jks289 wrote:
dakatz wrote:
jks289 wrote:
Mattalones wrote:Has anyone read the case that they sent us for our Preview Day class yet? I just finished it and found myself laughing several times :lol:


When did you get it? In the mail? Online? I haven't gotten anything.

Edit: Help! I don't want to be unprepared for my first (fake) law school class. :shock:


They send out an email with all the details for the Preview Day and a link to the case is within that email.


They sent me an email with schedule links but I can't find the case link anywhere. Can you pm me the link, please? :oops:


My bad, it was actually a PDF attachment. PM me your email address and I can send it to you instead.

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:52 pm

Email sent

fomenting
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby fomenting » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 pm

100k from BU, or 50 k from berkeley?

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:03 pm

fomenting wrote:100k from BU, or 50 k from berkeley?


You want to end up in Cali or in New England?

User avatar
Eruannon
Posts: 194
Joined: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:29 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Eruannon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:17 am

dakatz wrote:
fomenting wrote:100k from BU, or 50 k from berkeley?


You want to end up in Cali or in New England?


Berkeley.

AllBusiness
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:24 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby AllBusiness » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:25 am

So if you decide to stay in an apartment leased through the BU Office of Rental Property, your lease will be for an entire year. But what if you are anticipating working somewhere outside Boston during the summer? At least at the one building, subletting is strictly prohibited.

Of course, this is all just speculative, but it is a concern of mine. Also, this could be a concern with any apartment, anywhere, that requires a twelve-month lease when one is not necessarily expecting to be in that city during the summer months. TLS forum, any thoughts?

StrawberryRed89
Posts: 107
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:44 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby StrawberryRed89 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:04 am

AllBusiness wrote:So if you decide to stay in an apartment leased through the BU Office of Rental Property, your lease will be for an entire year. But what if you are anticipating working somewhere outside Boston during the summer? At least at the one building, subletting is strictly prohibited.

Of course, this is all just speculative, but it is a concern of mine. Also, this could be a concern with any apartment, anywhere, that requires a twelve-month lease when one is not necessarily expecting to be in that city during the summer months. TLS forum, any thoughts?


I can't speak for the rest of the apartments everywhere, but in Boston, almost all of the other students that I know that live off-campus sublet their apartments over the summer. So, aside from the apartments rented by the BU Office of Rental Property, I haven't yet heard of anyone having a problem subletting their apartment in Boston.

prolyphek
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:59 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby prolyphek » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:33 am

door10 wrote:
prolyphek wrote:Is one who has been admitted who is not from Boston planning on moving to Boston in June or July? If so are you planning on living in one of the BU managed properties or separately managed properties?


I have been looking at both and the BU managed properties along with the furniture rental seem to be the most straight forward but I would like to bring my small dog which is complicating things a little.

I am hoping to move out there in June or July to get acclimated so I am curious to see if anyone else is planning on coming out that early?

If so and you have some ideas on places to stay and what not PM me.

Thanks


Not able to make the ASW, but would appreciate if you let us know how ASW was & your findings about housing. I'm also from out of town & thinking of BU managed property as well. Not planning on moving to Boston until early August because of other commitments, but will make a couple of trips looking for housing June & July. The Chicago BU admitted student reception was awesome, very impressive. Have a great time in Boston!


I decided against BU managed property for a couple reasons but mostly becasue they seem to be more expensive than comparable apartments (at this point in my search).


The admitted students event for me was great and very informative, prior to attending I was deciding between BU, WashU, and USC and all though I loved WashU and have yet to vist USC the visit was enough to make me feel very comfortable and decide that that is where I will be come Fall.

I was waitlisted to a bunch of schools in the t-14 but in my mind even if I get off one of those waitlists I don't know that I will decide against attending BU and giving up the initial level of comfort I felt for one of those other schools...just my two cents

terpette
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby terpette » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:50 am

no word on merit aid yet - would it be okay to call and check on the status of this?

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby xokel87 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:59 am

terpette wrote:no word on merit aid yet - would it be okay to call and check on the status of this?


I did. It was a no-go but they were very nice. Unlike Fordham, who told me my lsat was too low to be considered. Straight talk, I guess, but still..

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dreaming » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:33 pm

Does anyone know what kind of movement there is on their waitlist??? :?

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:37 pm

dreaming wrote:Does anyone know what kind of movement there is on their waitlist??? :?

I called them today to ask and I was not given a straight answer. Only that they would be giving out decisions as soon as they made them lol.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dreaming » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:38 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
dreaming wrote:Does anyone know what kind of movement there is on their waitlist??? :?

I called them today to ask and I was not given a straight answer. Only that they would be giving out decisions as soon as they made them lol.


So....maybe this month?! :lol:

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Looks like I'll be at BU this fall. :)

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:45 pm

dreaming wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
dreaming wrote:Does anyone know what kind of movement there is on their waitlist??? :?

I called them today to ask and I was not given a straight answer. Only that they would be giving out decisions as soon as they made them lol.


So....maybe this month?! :lol:

Haha I wish! When is BU's deposit deadline? Probably a couple weeks after that.

User avatar
even2flow
Posts: 592
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby even2flow » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:So....maybe this month?! :lol:

Haha I wish! When is BU's deposit deadline? Probably a couple weeks after that.[/quote]
Yeah I'm curious, cause I'm still waiting for a decision.

I'm also always very nervous when I say that, because I feel like I'll think that, and then get home and have a little, thin envelope awaiting me in my mailbox.

dreaming
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dreaming » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
dreaming wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
dreaming wrote:Does anyone know what kind of movement there is on their waitlist??? :?

I called them today to ask and I was not given a straight answer. Only that they would be giving out decisions as soon as they made them lol.


So....maybe this month?! :lol:

Haha I wish! When is BU's deposit deadline? Probably a couple weeks after that.


I think it's April 15th...

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:08 pm

dreaming wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
dreaming wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I called them today to ask and I was not given a straight answer. Only that they would be giving out decisions as soon as they made them lol.


So....maybe this month?! :lol:

Haha I wish! When is BU's deposit deadline? Probably a couple weeks after that.


I think it's April 15th...

Well then my guess is that we won't hear till beginning of May at the earliest.

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Mattalones » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:20 pm

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:20 pm

Mattalones wrote:
dakatz wrote:
Mattalones wrote:Has anyone read the case that they sent us for our Preview Day class yet? I just finished it and found myself laughing several times :lol:


Trust me, you will laugh quite a bit more once you have the actual class. You will know what I mean once you go.

I just kept imaging this guy saying, "Yeah, you're going to be a star! Just sign here and leave your very large payment here. :lol:


What case are you guys reading? And is it with Petit?

Also - any admitted public interest scholars coming to the reception on Friday?

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Mattalones » Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:02 pm

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Blindmelon
Posts: 1708
Joined: Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Blindmelon » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Mattalones wrote:The one that I read was Vokes . Arthus Murray, Inc


Hah, yea we did that in class. Hilarious, but also really sad.

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Mattalones » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potatocowpower and 3 guests