BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
law_lover
Posts: 63
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:02 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby law_lover » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:54 pm

I was waitlisted. Any idea about how many people are on the waitlist, and how many are accepted off of the waitlist? The waitlist seems to be the place many schools are putting me.

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mikcou » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:57 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:
mikcou wrote:
vkw104 wrote:
bakiewakies wrote:So what's the consensus on whether or not you still have the chance to be offered a scholarship with the financial aid packages?


I'd like to know too. I know a good amount of people already got merit scholarships in their admit packet though.


From their website, it would seem so.


BU often waits to see the financial aid app before sending a blend of need-based and merit aid to students, so there absolutely is hope. Veritas had that happen to him and got a whopping scholly. They even let him back after he withdrew before getting the package.


Yeah, I remember that. I emailed the Financial Aid office and they said they were trying to get all of their notifications sent out in the next week or two.

User avatar
fenderjsm88
Posts: 208
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby fenderjsm88 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:37 am

withdrew from the WL today. Good luck all!!

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:01 am

OneKnight wrote:
ryguy wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?

Complete since Jan 15. BC denied me today, so I'll bet BU will too. (Oh that rhymes)


BC is finicky ("holistic"). Don't count yourself out yet!

Yeah, well they must not me cause I played Varsity soccer for 4 years and carried a double major, and scored 169/3.4x. If I had to do it over again, I would had done only 1 fricken major. For a higher GPA. Meh!

User avatar
vkw104
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby vkw104 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:02 pm

ryguy wrote:
OneKnight wrote:
ryguy wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?

Complete since Jan 15. BC denied me today, so I'll bet BU will too. (Oh that rhymes)


BC is finicky ("holistic"). Don't count yourself out yet!

Yeah, well they must not me cause I played Varsity soccer for 4 years and carried a double major, and scored 169/3.4x. If I had to do it over again, I would had done only 1 fricken major. For a higher GPA. Meh!


Hmm, they should have taken that into account. That's really impressive!

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:29 pm

OneKnight wrote:
ryguy wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:Called admissions today and they weren't terribly helpful. Apparently there is no set date for decisions to come out (obviously I get that it's rolling admissions but I feel like if they're going to accept an application fee then there should be some sort of guarantee that you'll hear from them sometime before deposits are due). At least W&M promises a decision by the 24th even though they've pretty much been AWOL since last year.. I guess technically I could be waiting for a decision from Boston till August? Is that possible?

Complete since Jan 15. BC denied me today, so I'll bet BU will too. (Oh that rhymes)


BC is finicky ("holistic"). Don't count yourself out yet!

Yea I was rejected from BC as well but I'm hoping its not the same from BU!

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Looking like a crap shoot to me :cry:

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:03 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jks289 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 pm

MSPeast wrote:I found out I got a decision by e-mail. Thing is, they attach it as a .pdf letter with the e-mail. I can't access my e-mail here at work except on my phone, which can't open .pdfs. So I can't find out what my decision is until I get home. With my numbers it's either an admit or a YP WL.


Oh god. That would torture me!!

User avatar
The Pen Is Mightier
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby The Pen Is Mightier » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:BU often waits to see the financial aid app before sending a blend of need-based and merit aid to students, so there absolutely is hope. Veritas had that happen to him and got a whopping scholly. They even let him back after he withdrew before getting the package.


So wait... if ive been complete for a long time and I have good numbers for BU and I sent in my finaid app kinda late and I haven't heard anything, I should be expecting a fat scholly?

I could deal with that.... but sooner is better. Deposit deadlines are looming!

User avatar
Vincent Vega
Posts: 1182
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:36 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Vincent Vega » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:52 pm

I was waitlisted today and I promptly withdrew. Go Hoosiers!

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:03 pm

I've been writing emails to a bunch of alumni from various firms, and they have some amazing things to say about BU. Almost every single one raved about the professors and the quality of the faculty, so I guess that really isn't just some brochure line that BU uses. Only one person had negative things to say, but he prefaced it by saying that he didn't want to be there from the beginning and only went to law school because he didn't know what else to do. I hear about so much depression and anger in the legal profession, but these people sounded like they loved BU, and very much enjoy the work they do. They said that it is demanding, but very rewarding.

02122015
Posts: 5317
Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:57 pm

.

Postby 02122015 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:18 pm

.
Last edited by 02122015 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:28 pm

Waitlist.. ugh so sad. I would love to go to Boston. Will definitely join the waitlist.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:09 pm

Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.

User avatar
vkw104
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby vkw104 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:48 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.


So that came in your financial aid package?

User avatar
jks289
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:42 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jks289 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:50 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.


That's great. When were you admitted and when did you receive the scholarship? I am just trying to figure out if there is any hope left for me.

User avatar
84Sunbird2000
Posts: 756
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:39 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby 84Sunbird2000 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:00 am

jks289 wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.


That's great. When were you admitted and when did you receive the scholarship? I am just trying to figure out if there is any hope left for me.


Actually, I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I was admitted on February 22. I called the fin aid office earlier in the week, and said I would not be home to get my mail until after April 15th (in all likelihood), and they said they would tell me over the phone when they sent my fin aid package on Friday (aka Today). So I called today, and was told I'd been awarded 15k in auto-renewable merit aid.

Xiaolong
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:30 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Xiaolong » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 am

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.


That's great. When were you admitted and when did you receive the scholarship? I am just trying to figure out if there is any hope left for me.


Actually, I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I was admitted on February 22. I called the fin aid office earlier in the week, and said I would not be home to get my mail until after April 15th (in all likelihood), and they said they would tell me over the phone when they sent my fin aid package on Friday (aka Today). So I called today, and was told I'd been awarded 15k in auto-renewable merit aid.



I was also admitted around the same time and wrote them a mail about fin aid and when I could expect it (still waiting on admit package since I am abroad). They wrote back today and said they just finished my file and are going to send a letter to me in the next couple of days. So since they are sending a letter, I assume I was awarded some money. It seems that fin aid does not necessarily come with the admit package.

User avatar
starrydecisus
Posts: 547
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:31 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby starrydecisus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:40 pm

Waitlisted today (168, 4.0) and definitely planning to withdraw. I guess BU saw how much I desire to be a Hoya next year!

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Kiersten1985 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:42 pm

Anyone received the finaid packet yet who submitted ~3/1? I'm in Delaware and can't check my mail.

User avatar
mikcou
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:23 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby mikcou » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:21 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:Anyone received the finaid packet yet who submitted ~3/1? I'm in Delaware and can't check my mail.


I submitted mid/late Feb and havent received mine yet. Im expecting it in the next week or so.

User avatar
Mattalones
Posts: 537
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Mattalones » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:35 pm

.
Last edited by Mattalones on Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

bakiewakies
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby bakiewakies » Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:35 pm

84Sunbird2000 wrote:
jks289 wrote:
84Sunbird2000 wrote:Delayed scholarship - 15k/year. That still leaves a lot to cover, but it definitely makes things interesing.


That's great. When were you admitted and when did you receive the scholarship? I am just trying to figure out if there is any hope left for me.


Actually, I haven't received it in the mail yet, but I was admitted on February 22. I called the fin aid office earlier in the week, and said I would not be home to get my mail until after April 15th (in all likelihood), and they said they would tell me over the phone when they sent my fin aid package on Friday (aka Today). So I called today, and was told I'd been awarded 15k in auto-renewable merit aid.


Eeeek I really hope I get a scholarship with my financial aid package.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am

mikcou wrote:
Kiersten1985 wrote:Anyone received the finaid packet yet who submitted ~3/1? I'm in Delaware and can't check my mail.


I submitted mid/late Feb and havent received mine yet. Im expecting it in the next week or so.

I submitted around this time and haven't received anything yet.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: elcamino4, Exabot [Bot], kdonohue, LtotheB, mav1993, pkalltheway, Pomegranate27, Smc1994, SNightHighlights, spursforever, Yahoo [Bot] and 27 guests