BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Kiersten1985

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Kiersten1985 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 pm

prolyphek wrote:
dakatz wrote:
prolyphek wrote:
dakatz wrote:So anyone else going to the ASD on March 26th?

I'll be there

Nice. Where you staying? Need any info on Boston? I went to undergrad there, and am probably staying with some friends who still go there.

Not sure yet, I know the school recommends some hotels so I was going to call some today at try to get a rate and then maybe bid on price line to get a better one.

Do you know what hotels are located closest to the school? Is the school far from the airport (they don't recommend we rent cars)

You can take the T from Logan to BU, but it will be bit of a ride...mainly because the T is crazy slow.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:You can take the T from Logan to BU, but it will be bit of a ride...mainly because the T is crazy slow.

Just the green line is super slow, the rest move at a decent pace tho.

I can only think of like 1 or 2 hotels within the immediate area of BU Law and if i recall they're kinda pricey...

You definitely don't want to bring a car as parking is non-existant, so you gotta be moderately t-accessible wherever you choose to stay.

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:19 pm

prolyphek wrote:
dakatz wrote:
prolyphek wrote:

I'll be there

Nice. Where you staying? Need any info on Boston? I went to undergrad there, and am probably staying with some friends who still go there.

Not sure yet, I know the school recommends some hotels so I was going to call some today at try to get a rate and then maybe bid on price line to get a better one.

Do you know what hotels are located closest to the school? Is the school far from the airport (they don't recommend we rent cars)

Its really not that close to the airport. The airport is past Boston to the East, while BU is on the outskirts of the city to the West of the main part of Boston. But the taxi ride isn't that long as long as its not during rush hour. There are quite a few hotels really close to BU, including the Hotel Commonwealth and the Courtyard Marriott Brookline. Personally, I recommend the Best Western Terrace Inn. This hotel is outside of the city, yet is right on Commonwealth Ave. The B-line subway runs right along this street and goes down the entire BU campus. If you don't have a car, you want to be along the B line, and you can't get closer than at this hotel. Current rates have it at 170, which is much lower than most city hotels.

even2flow

Postby even2flow » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:25 pm

dakatz wrote:Its really not that close to the airport. The airport is past Boston to the East, while BU is on the outskirts of the city to the West of the main part of Boston. But the taxi ride isn't that long as long as its not during rush hour. There are quite a few hotels really close to BU, including the Hotel Commonwealth and the Courtyard Marriott Brookline. Personally, I recommend the Best Western Terrace Inn. This hotel is outside of the city, yet is right on Commonwealth Ave. The B-line subway runs right along this street and goes down the entire BU campus. If you don't have a car, you want to be along the B line, and you can't get closer than at this hotel. Current rates have it at 170, which is much lower than most city hotels.

Totally good call about that, I forgot about that one. It's like a 20 min ride on the B-line frm that point.

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:33 pm

I did a Priceline Name Your Own Price and got Boston Hotel Buckminster for under $70. I'm only staying there one night (staying at the Westin with family through the weekend). I know there's a Howard Johnson Fenway Park.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:45 pm

Several people showing that they got waitlisted today at BU. How do they inform waitlists and rejects? Through email or snail mail?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:53 pm

utcris410 wrote:I did a Priceline Name Your Own Price and got Boston Hotel Buckminster for under $70. I'm only staying there one night (staying at the Westin with family through the weekend). I know there's a Howard Johnson Fenway Park.

Im bidding now, it looks like the school is located between Cambridge and Brookline, which area should I bid in, I was thinking Cambridge?

utcris410

Postby utcris410 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:03 pm

prolyphek wrote:
utcris410 wrote:I did a Priceline Name Your Own Price and got Boston Hotel Buckminster for under $70. I'm only staying there one night (staying at the Westin with family through the weekend). I know there's a Howard Johnson Fenway Park.

Im bidding now, it looks like the school is located between Cambridge and Brookline, which area should I bid in, I was thinking Cambridge?

I bid only Fenway Park because Cambridge was too big of an area (on Priceline), and I didn't want to get stuck way north.

ccs224

Postby ccs224 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:13 pm

+1 for Priceline. I'm not going to any of the Preview Days (work), but you can get really good deals through Priceline's name your own price thing, often at less than half of what the regular daily rate for a hotel is. If you're looking for a hotel, lowball it (not too low - you don't want to be staying in a brothel) and keep going up a bit until it's accepted.

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:18 pm

utcris410 wrote:
prolyphek wrote:

I bid only Fenway Park because Cambridge was too big of an area (on Priceline), and I didn't want to get stuck way north.

I did cambridge got a 4 star for $100.00, not bad I guess for how much they were going for

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I got the call today and finally in (submitted November 1)! Was wondering my chances of getting $$ (168/3.35) and when I would expect to find out?

I missed the call and was wondering if I should call back and ask about it. Should I?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:30 pm

mdgold wrote:I got the call today and finally in (submitted November 1)! Was wondering my chances of getting $$ (168/3.35) and when I would expect to find out?

I missed the call and was wondering if I should call back and ask about it. Should I?

Can't Hurt!

slenslee

Postby slenslee » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:31 pm

mdgold wrote:I got the call today and finally in (submitted November 1)! Was wondering my chances of getting $$ (168/3.35) and when I would expect to find out?

congrats, a bit off topic just curious, when did u get notice of your wash u in st louis scholarship?

prolyphek

Postby prolyphek » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:32 pm

slenslee wrote:

congrats, a bit off topic just curious, when did u get notice of your wash u in st louis scholarship?

I've been in at Wash U for a while, I just got my notice two weeks ago.

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:33 pm

Congrats!!

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:34 pm

slenslee wrote:

Thanks. March 8, but I got in around Dec. 8

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:55 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:

I wish, but I haven't been accepted yet (hopefully). But I've noticed there are several ASD's on March 26th. I know I'll be at WUSTL's ASD on that day and I think Texas' ASD is on that day as well.

Ugh wish I knew I had been accepted about a week earlier. I'm going to WUSTL ASD

AllBusiness

Postby AllBusiness » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:56 pm

If you missed the "You're in!" call, there's no need to call back. The admissions office wouldn't have told you anything other than that you are in and that they feel that this is important information and that's why they called you.

mikcou

Postby mikcou » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:24 pm

How are we notified about financial aid?

mdgold

Postby mdgold » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

AllBusiness wrote:If you missed the "You're in!" call, there's no need to call back. The admissions office wouldn't have told you anything other than that you are in and that they feel that this is important information and that's why they called you.

I actually found it helpful to call. She gave me the info to log into the admitted students page and told me about scholarship information.

lovethelaw88

Postby lovethelaw88 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:40 pm

I'm pretty sure I didn't get in. I called the office today to check on the status of my application and she told me they were mailing out my decision today. Since I didn't receive a phone call, I'm assuming it's either a WL or a reject.

...and the crying has commenced.

brose002

Postby brose002 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:42 pm

Withdrew today

Stephanie13

Postby Stephanie13 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:56 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:I'm pretty sure I didn't get in. I called the office today to check on the status of my application and she told me they were mailing out my decision today. Since I didn't receive a phone call, I'm assuming it's either a WL or a reject.

Oh no! I'm sorry. Maybe it's not bad news! Keep your head up. Now I really don't want to call about my application though.

ryguy

Postby ryguy » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:07 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:I'm pretty sure I didn't get in. I called the office today to check on the status of my application and she told me they were mailing out my decision today. Since I didn't receive a phone call, I'm assuming it's either a WL or a reject.

Oh dear, I'm sorry.

bryntax

Postby bryntax » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:05 pm

just went UR i think, i got an email. here's to hoping!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”