BU! woot.

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lovethelaw88
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:35 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lovethelaw88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:35 pm

daniel5215 wrote:Just finished my telephone interview with Dean Riccardi. He's really nice. But they said it will still take approximately 6 weeks before they can give me a decision. Really want to go there now after speaking with him. Just pray for myself.


6 Weeks? Were you WL'ed or something? Isn't that after their first seat deposit is due?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jman77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:Just finished my telephone interview with Dean Riccardi. He's really nice. But they said it will still take approximately 6 weeks before they can give me a decision. Really want to go there now after speaking with him. Just pray for myself.


6 Weeks? Were you WL'ed or something? Isn't that after their first seat deposit is due?


It does sound like a waitlist. I'm having my interview this Thursday; hopefully, I don't get the 6-week wait as well since I have a WUSTL seat deposit due April 1st and would like to make my decision by then. Having said that, I do have 16 more schools I'm waiting to hear from...

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lawapps0502 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:50 pm

how do you get an interview?

jman77
Posts: 510
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby jman77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:52 pm

lawapps0502 wrote:how do you get an interview?


They pick you. Apparently, they interview all international applicants. Not sure what the parameters are for residents/citizens.

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:24 pm

I've been complete since 1/14 and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

User avatar
daniel5215
Posts: 123
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:25 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby daniel5215 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:42 pm

lovethelaw88 wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:Just finished my telephone interview with Dean Riccardi. He's really nice. But they said it will still take approximately 6 weeks before they can give me a decision. Really want to go there now after speaking with him. Just pray for myself.


6 Weeks? Were you WL'ed or something? Isn't that after their first seat deposit is due?

No, I was not WL'd. I don't know why but they actually said so. I wrote an email afterwards but they haven't replied yet.

lawapps0502
Posts: 105
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lawapps0502 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 pm

is there an online status check for BU?

lovethelaw88
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:35 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby lovethelaw88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:46 pm

daniel5215 wrote:
lovethelaw88 wrote:
daniel5215 wrote:Just finished my telephone interview with Dean Riccardi. He's really nice. But they said it will still take approximately 6 weeks before they can give me a decision. Really want to go there now after speaking with him. Just pray for myself.


6 Weeks? Were you WL'ed or something? Isn't that after their first seat deposit is due?

No, I was not WL'd. I don't know why but they actually said so. I wrote an email afterwards but they haven't replied yet.


... :shock: Ummmm...that's BS. Not telling you until the middle of April, after seat deposits are due is unbelievably unfair.

If I have to wait until April, I don't know what I'll do. I have too much riding on this one decision to wait that long.

Every time I've called, they give me the BS "record number of applicants" bit. I'm sorry, but that sounds like a personal problem to me. I paid you to do a job, so do it...BEFORE seat deposits are due.

User avatar
Kiersten1985
Posts: 784
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:36 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Kiersten1985 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:56 pm

I realize this is incredibly lazy of me to ask, but I'm at work right now - when are deposits due for BU? 4/15?

User avatar
vkw104
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:48 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby vkw104 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:59 pm

Kiersten1985 wrote:I realize this is incredibly lazy of me to ask, but I'm at work right now - when are deposits due for BU? 4/15?


Yup, I think it's $200. The other $500 deposit is 6/1.

lawapps0502 wrote:is there an online status check for BU?


Nope

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:35 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:I've been complete since 1/14 and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

Anyone have any insight on this?

User avatar
cardinalandgold
Posts: 554
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby cardinalandgold » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:37 pm

Stephanie13 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I've been complete since 1/14 and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I've been complete since 1/20 and haven't heard.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:44 pm

Did anyone who RSVP'd for the 3/26 ASW recieve any kind of email confirmation? I haven't gotten anything regarding it since I filled it out, and I want to make sure this is the norm.

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:48 pm

Cupidity wrote:Did anyone who RSVP'd for the 3/26 ASW recieve any kind of email confirmation? I haven't gotten anything regarding it since I filled it out, and I want to make sure this is the norm.

I don't believe I received anything confirming.

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:50 pm

utcris410 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Did anyone who RSVP'd for the 3/26 ASW recieve any kind of email confirmation? I haven't gotten anything regarding it since I filled it out, and I want to make sure this is the norm.

I don't believe I received anything confirming.

Well uh, see you there then!

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Cupidity wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Did anyone who RSVP'd for the 3/26 ASW recieve any kind of email confirmation? I haven't gotten anything regarding it since I filled it out, and I want to make sure this is the norm.

I don't believe I received anything confirming.

Well uh, see you there then!

Top choice?

Stephanie13
Posts: 426
Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:50 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Stephanie13 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:55 pm

cardinalandgold wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:
Stephanie13 wrote:I've been complete since 1/14 and I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I've been complete since 1/20 and haven't heard.

Ah ok thanks, I'm tempted to call sometime this week for an update..

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 pm

utcris410 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:
utcris410 wrote:
Cupidity wrote:Did anyone who RSVP'd for the 3/26 ASW recieve any kind of email confirmation? I haven't gotten anything regarding it since I filled it out, and I want to make sure this is the norm.

I don't believe I received anything confirming.

Well uh, see you there then!

Top choice?


Yes, BU or Fordham--no $ from either, though, if fordham offered a scholarship I'd have to take it

User avatar
utcris410
Posts: 469
Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby utcris410 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:05 pm

And you've already sent in your fin aid info, yes?

User avatar
Cupidity
Posts: 2214
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby Cupidity » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:12 pm

utcris410 wrote:And you've already sent in your fin aid info, yes?


I think so. No confirmation there either

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby dakatz » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:16 pm

Sending in my scholarship negotiation letter tomorrow. Hoping they are receptive to it. I know they said they rarely negotiate, but I feel like I have a solid basis for negotiation. Looking forward to March 26th ASD as well.

User avatar
ryguy
Posts: 328
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 11:13 am

Re: BU! woot.

Postby ryguy » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 pm

SAE wrote:Complete early January, still no word. Anyone else in same boat (or not heard longer)?

Numbers around medians.

Complete Jan. 18th!! Have not heard a peep. Even with my Dec. lsat score 169.

User avatar
kaydish21
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:51 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby kaydish21 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:49 pm

ryguy wrote:
SAE wrote:Complete early January, still no word. Anyone else in same boat (or not heard longer)?

Numbers around medians.

Complete Jan. 18th!! Have not heard a peep. Even with my Dec. lsat score 169.


+1. Same Dec LSAT score and I'm complete less than a week later. Then again, I've only heard from 3 of my 14 schools and 2 are waitlists. Good times!

xokel87
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby xokel87 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:49 am

kaydish21 wrote:
ryguy wrote:
SAE wrote:Complete early January, still no word. Anyone else in same boat (or not heard longer)?

Numbers around medians.

Complete Jan. 18th!! Have not heard a peep. Even with my Dec. lsat score 169.


+1. Same Dec LSAT score and I'm complete less than a week later. Then again, I've only heard from 3 of my 14 schools and 2 are waitlists. Good times!


+++1 .. complete 12/16.. LSAT at median, GPA above median. thinking of calling. one of the last schools from which i still have to hear... boo.

apples
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:06 pm

Re: BU! woot.

Postby apples » Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 pm

somethingclever wrote:
somethingclever wrote:
somethingclever wrote:
ccs224 wrote:Got a call letting me know that I've received the Public Interest Scholarship today! Pretty exciting, though I've got to wait a few days for exact details via snail mail. Anyone else apply for / hear about the PI schol?


I applied for PI and they have already offered $45000. I'm hoping that the PI would be on top of that???

I currently live in Peru and my mom had a missed call from BU today with no message. The admissions office knows i'm out of the country but i guess the finaid office hasn't gotten the memo. I really hope it's a PI scholarship offer. That would probably seal the deal for me.

I really wanted in to Cornell at the beginning of this cycle but they EA deferred me and and i can probably expect to wait until April and then get zero money even if I get in. On top of that I'd have to live in middle of nowhere Ithaca.

BU it is then? AHHHHH the suspense is killing me. Can't call back until tomorrow! Will keep you posted.


Oh and to pre-empt any questions, 167 3.7x


I recieved the PI Scholar award. 30,000 per year. They already sent me a letter stating i would get a 15,000 per year merit award. Now is this in leiu of or in addition to the merit award? How do i tactfully ask that?



Congrats! Either way, that's pretty good. I would assume it's in addition to the merit award. I got the same merit scholarship and got the PI call, but am still waiting to receive the letter with the amount. If you happen to find out if it's in addition or not, i'd be interested to hear.

edit: i just realized that BU tuition is 38k. I can't imagine they'd give scholarships that add up to more than tuition




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, airwrecka, cyclawps, jer0689, Leliana, nerdylsat, NotAGolfer, sonyco, texteach and 35 guests